Official Bitching Thread

lifeexpectancy

Ok since we don't have an official bitching thread yet I thought I'd get one going.

You know what really grinds my gears? The fact that we can't pick what faction we are in the campaign once we complete both sides! I have tried over 40 times to start a match on the two maps I still need wins on as Militia and Every. Single. Time. I'm stuck on IMC. It doesn't matter how many times I exit/reenter matchmaking.

Does ANYONE have any idea how to get put on Militia consistently? Or fucking at all?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the pilot rodeo attack is OP and find it annoying as fuck. The concept is cool, but there should be SOME way to deal with it without the pilot having to eject.

I don't mind it tbh. If you could deal with the pilot (short of your teammates shooting him off your back) without ejecting it would defeat the purpose of the move, which is to disrupt titans. I think it adds balance considering the pilots' anti-titan weapons aren't that strong.

Edit: Didn't know about electric smoke. Well there ya go.

I don't mind it tbh. If you could deal with the pilot (short of your teammates shooting him off your back) without ejecting it would defeat the purpose of the move, which is to disrupt titans. I think it adds balance considering the pilots' anti-titan weapons aren't that strong.

Edit: Didn't know about electric smoke. Well there ya go.

I'm not saying the solution should be something that could be done quickly or easily, but SOME option should exist. If I don't have electric smoke or don't want to use it, this cheap-ass gimmicky attack can neutralize a titan way too easily relative to the amount of effort it takes to pull off successfully.

If they changed it so that doing a rodeo actually took some skill, I'd be fine with it...but right now its braindead easy.

And for the record, the anti-titan weapons are actually very strong.

I think the pilot rodeo attack is OP and find it annoying as fuck. The concept is cool, but there should be SOME way to deal with it without the pilot having to eject.

Get out of your Titan and shoot the pilot off... that's another option.. it does tell you when someone starts to Rodeo you so it isn't that hard.

Get out of your Titan and shoot the pilot off... that's another option.. it does tell you when someone starts to Rodeo you so it isn't that hard.

Not only does it tell you with text on the screen, you can hear the pilot climbing on your Titan, the AI voice recommends you disembark to get rid of the boarding pilot, and there is an alert tone. It is pretty damn obvious that you should get out and shoot the guy. If you jump out when you hear the pilot boarding, you can kill them before they do any damage.

i hate it when there's always that ONE guy trying to rodeo you. and the funny thing is it's always that same guy. man that shit is annoying especially when i get out and they run away. i'd use electric smoke but i like the vortex shield more so idk..

Not only does it tell you with text on the screen, you can hear the pilot climbing on your Titan, the AI voice recommends you disembark to get rid of the boarding pilot, and there is an alert tone. It is pretty damn obvious that you should get out and shoot the guy. If you jump out when you hear the pilot boarding, you can kill them before they do any damage.

Except that pilots who aren't retarded are keen to this and ready to react to you leaving your titan. Its far too easy to rodeo for how disruptive and damaging it is to the "mighty" titans.

Smart pilots will watch for you to exit and then cloak, followed either by killing you or running off. Once you get back in your titan they'll pull the same shit again. Repeat ad nauseum.

Either way, this is a bitching thread so no need to give me "solutions". I'm just bitching about something I don't like in the game. Not sure why you clowns didn't pick up on that.

i hate it when there's always that ONE guy trying to rodeo you. and the funny thing is it's always that same guy. man that shit is annoying especially when i get out and they run away. i'd use electric smoke but i like the vortex shield more so idk..

Apparently I'm not the only one who finds this shit irritating as hell.

They need to make rodeo require skill to pull it off. Its too easy to execute in its current form.

Edited by Suiken

There's no indication of Win/Loss on Campaign missions. So if you are going for the win all achievement you should write down which ones you still need.

Burn cards are boring and when you use one it takes up half of your screen for 5 seconds.

Challenges are boring and there need to be more unlockables.

Last game summary doesn't show the scoreboard.

Lack of perks, streak rewards, calling cards, customizations. I know this isnt Call of Duty but there's nothing wrong with borrowing from a winning formula. You can try to re-invent the genre but don't do it by make it as barebones as possible.

Titans are pretty boring. Obviously just opinion but I do hope they make a pilots only mode and get rid of useless grunts.

No voting on maps. No private matches. I'm sure "it's coming" but really there's no excuse for not having these options at launch.

My one and only gripe thus far is the severe lack of team balancing. I just started a game and was put onto a team where I was the only person that wasn't level 1. The opposing team on the other hand was all leveled into their teens with the exception of a level 8 guy. There was no possible way we had a hope of winning when I was the only guy that had even played a match before.

i don't mind it it's just the fact there's always the same guy constantly doing it to me. it's more of a fucking nuisance really.

Generally speaking I find it helps to keep your distance from buildings that are grouped really tight together. Those are safe havens for pilots, and it's much more likely you'll have people coming down from on top of you there. You do want to be around some buildings obviously, for cover from other titans, but the more spaced out, isolated, and smaller they are, the less likely you'll have a pilot sneak up on you.

Generally speaking I find it helps to keep your distance from buildings that are grouped really tight together. Those are safe havens for pilots, and it's much more likely you'll have people coming down from on top of you there. You do want to be around some buildings obviously, for cover from other titans, but the more spaced out, isolated, and smaller they are, the less likely you'll have a pilot sneak up on you.
yeah i notice people that sit on roofs are more likely to rodeo me. but when you're playing on a map that has buildings everywhere i mean..it's almost impossible you know.

I'm just irritated that I bought this fucking console because of this game and after it took 2.5 hours to download the damn game I've spent the last 45 minutes stuck on "Connecting: Retrieving Matchmaking list".

Every single time a huge title comes out this shit happens. There's no excuse for it anymore.

Have you tried backing out and loading up the game again?

My problem lies mostly with no team randomization in non-party games. And I think the shotgun is underpowered, but maybe I'm just bad at it.

... and weapon camos would've been nice.

Use electric smoke. Talk to a teammate.

I don't want to give up my vortex shield.

Regardless, this is a bitching thread so I'm bitching about stupid annoying rodeo pilots.

Vortex Shield is literally the worst of the 3 options. Easy to counter and it allows the enemy to recharge their shield.

The scores are messed up, player kills should give you more points since it's way too easy to kill AI.

Humans give 4 points, AI give 1.

My problem lies mostly with no team randomization in non-party games. And I think the shotgun is underpowered, but maybe I'm just bad at it.

Vortex Shield is literally the worst of the 3 options. Easy to counter and it allows the enemy to recharge their shield.

I love the vortex shield. I wreck the opposition with it.

vortex shield isn't shit. if you know how to use it correctly you can bring down someone really quickly. plus it helps you live longer in battles.