Should I buy the Vietnam DLC at this point?

I have joined this game very late but I absolutely love it, so much so that I can't imagine being without 4 new maps and 15 new weapons and 6 new vehicles. It makes my mouth water. But at 1200msp I want to be able to actually play with other Vietnam DLC owners. So my question is, are there a lot of Vietnam players since active and is it worth $15 at this point?

Edited by HMS Resolution

I have joined this game very late but I absolutely love it, so much so that I can't imagine being without 4 new maps and 15 new weapons and 6 new vehicles. It makes my mouth water. But at 1200msp I want to be able to actually play with other Vietnam DLC owners. So my question is, are there a lot of Vietnam players since active and is it worth $15 at this point?

Well, it has been a while since I last played it (early Fall, I think, around the time of the BF3 beta), but I remember it was still pretty popular then. I think if you stick to common modes and maps, you'll be fine (don't buy it for Hardcore Squad Rush! lol).

So its a good value for $15, all things considered? I just don't want to be stuck with achievements I can't get or maps I can't play.

Yeah, it is, it could get a bit frustrating at times... but so does the base game if you're on a bad team. The achievements do take a while and a bit of effort (still don't have all of them), so just know you'll be on it for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

BFBC2 Vietnam is ALOT of fun, I like it more than BF3. I like it because there really no "Modern Tech" in it, like UAVs, or tracer darts, super Radar add-ons. it's more of a blend-in hide in the bushes for minute & listen to CCR while you wait for golden opportunity to kill you enemy kind of thing. You Know: Rambo kind of Stuff lol

But it's fast paced for the Run 'n' Gun player too. Sniping: Now that's fun too. Cool thing is Medic with an M60: Shoot Down a Chopper!!!

So I'd say get it, especially since its 600pts.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finish the last of my BC2V achievements

The game is fairly dead. There is no one is squad DM.

Rush and conquest are ok. You will see alot of the same people.

I've been in 2v2 conquest matches which are great 20+ kills a game.

(You need 1200 to get the all gold star achievement)

There are a bunch of level 50, and keyboards so they will make you life a pain.

If you don't mind playing the same 5 maps a few hundred times why not. Personally now that I'm done with it, I will never go back. All the maps are very small, and the tactics are non existent.

• 2 weeks later...
BFBC2 Vietnam is ALOT of fun, I like it more than BF3. I like it because there really no "Modern Tech" in it, like UAVs, or tracer darts, super Radar add-ons. it's more of a blend-in hide in the bushes for minute & listen to CCR while you wait for golden opportunity to kill you enemy kind of thing. You Know: Rambo kind of Stuff lol

But it's fast paced for the Run 'n' Gun player too. Sniping: Now that's fun too. Cool thing is Medic with an M60: Shoot Down a Chopper!!!

So I'd say get it, especially since its 600pts.

I liked that aspect of the game as well. No RDS, No holo sight, just the weapon and it's iron sight. perfect!!

Everybody had equal weapons.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm gonna resurrect this thread since I'm curious.

I bought this game again the other day and am having a blast on it. It's not hard at all to find a match, but is the Vietnam part still dead? It looks insanely fun, but from what has been said in this thread, it's been dead for a while, and I just want to be sure before forking out 1200 MP for it.

I don't give a shit about achievements, just want to know if it's hard to find a match or not.

That's right, Vietnam is making a comeback! Played several games this past week and it seems like players are finally realizing how fun this addon is. While it may be hard to find enough players for a specific map or game mode at the moment I do believe the numbers are increasing more each day.

At the time of this post it seems like Conquest on Hardcore seems to be the most popular, and more specifically the maps Phu Bai Valley and Operation Hastings.

So, if anyone is feeling discouraged about dishing out the $15 for this awesome addition, please take the chance. The amount of players who are currently on the fence could probably make the difference between the currently low numbers and having 12v12 matches.

(And to those who think it is overpriced, well, it has flamethrowers... enough said? It really does feel like a completely different game.)

• 1 month later...

would also say dont bother! spent all evening trying to find a decent game but unfortunatly the lobbies are small,some games only had 3 or 4 players! shame as i thought itd be nice to finally finish it (silver & gold stars for vietnam weapons) but doubt its possible now.invest in BF3 ill be buying that game again now! RIP the masterpiece that is BF2

How's the normal non Vietnam maps doing, are they still active at all?

totally dead unfortunatley,even between 9&11pm the other night only a handfull of players.best game i managed to find was atacama desert conquest with 7 players on each team but at the end all but 3 bailed meaning the next game wasnt worth playing.same applies to vietnam! real shame because i thought this would still be quite active for another year or two.ill keep trying every now and then though as there are a lot of new releases at this time of year so maybe ppl will return after xmas???

Gah I played the hell out of this game forever. My friends still play Squad Deathmatch, although after pretty much thousands of hours on it I finally got tired of it and went on to other things. Last I remember it wasn't totally dead. Squad Rush was dead (best mode IMO.) Rush and Conquest had quite a few participants though. This game is really easy to boost and you people better be thankful that there isn't an achievement for hitting level 50. Took me MONTHS playing hours a day.