I HATED this game !!!

I bought this game on release day because I loved the other two. After about 10 hours I was doing all the side stuff I could, avoiding the main story because I HATE STEALTH SHIT!! All the guards must have the technology to alert everyone immediately after spotting you, even if you kill them in half a second after because you fail and it says you were detected. WHO CARES if the guard saw me he's DEAD!! I actually gave up on it for a while and only came back to it because everybody was saying how great it is and I figured the rest of the game didn't have much more stealth. NOPE!! This entire piece of crap is that "I see you so you fail" garbage. Throw in some timed missions and it gets even more infuriating. How could anybody like this?!?

Ahhh much better. The last couple hours were fun though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I share your frustration. Detected = failed was pretty harsh sometimes, but I just chalked it up to part of the story: Ezio wasn´t detected, so Desmond/me had to follow the same pattern to achieve full syncronisation with Ezios memories.

Or whatever. You know?

Don´t get me wrong.. There were a couple of times my controller was pretty close to being hurled at the TV. Thank god I´ve always used the stealthy approach since AC1, so I am kinda used to it by now.

As for the game in general, I had few problems with it. I prefer AC2, but Brotherhood was still a decent waste of a good 25 hours.

All the guards must have the technology to alert everyone immediately after spotting you, even if you kill them in half a second after because you fail and it says you were detected. WHO CARES if the guard saw me he's DEAD!!

I do agree with u on that part.....if he doesnt have time to yell or even make a noise then u shouldnt be detected hope they fix that for the new game doubt they will though. Iv also played the stealth approach since the first so i only was detected once through the whole game on parts that were specically stealth.

If you hate stealth then how the eff do you enjoy the two games before this? Yes, the detection was a bit harsh sometimes, but it's not like Ubisoft all of a sudden introduced stealth.

story,graphics,gameplay,characters [were] epic. Sounds like your not very good [2]

Best game ever made tbh. Story, graphics, gameplay, and characters were epic. Sounds like you're not very good.

Fixed.

This game's about being stealthy; it's not Call of Duty run and gun style, so you can't just run out there and expect not to be seen.

My advice is to shoot poison at a guard to attract the other guard's attention and go to your destination undetected. Or you could simply watch the movement of a guard and learn his routine and time it perfectly.

It's all about patience and timing in this game.

Sure, it is a little silly how sometimes when you kill a guard just as he's alerted it resets the mission. It happened to me a couple of times. But I just changed up my approach or got them at long range with the crossbow or got them distracted elsewhere.

So if you hate stealth shit, I'm confused as to how you got into the AC series in the first place. I mean, the whole point is stealth, isn't it?

I love it when people bitch about difficulty.Stealth has always been one of the main parts of Assassins creed along with combat and platforming. How you would like the other ones and not this one is beyond me. I never had much of a a problem on the stealth besides the war machines which are suppose to be the hardest stealth sections.

I agree, I found it incredibly frustrating. It doesn't help that the missions where detection equals immediate failure were typically large with multiple routes either, I ended up just checking YouTube for the path I'm meant to be taking because it was rediculous how you'd be spotted and go back into a lengthy loading screen time and time again. You can say it's a lack of skill on my part all you want, without a hint of the direction to take finding the correct path is just a crapshoot or a very exhausting game of trial and error.

Both the previous games did it much better in my opinion, I have no motivation at all to go back and fully synch the missions in this game. It wouldn't be nearly as problematic if you could just save your 100% synch at the mission checkpoints rather than starting again from scratch each time.

I bought this game on release day because I loved the other two. After about 10 hours I was doing all the side stuff I could, avoiding the main story because I HATE STEALTH SHIT!! All the guards must have the technology to alert everyone immediately after spotting you, even if you kill them in half a second after because you fail and it says you were detected. WHO CARES if the guard saw me he's DEAD!! I actually gave up on it for a while and only came back to it because everybody was saying how great it is and I figured the rest of the game didn't have much more stealth. NOPE!! This entire piece of crap is that "I see you so you fail" garbage. Throw in some timed missions and it gets even more infuriating. How could anybody like this?!?

Dont play the game then if you h8 stealth..

Thats what made assassins creed great.

Hmmm how could I like the series without liking ACB?? Does anybody remember the monks in the 1st one? Or how you could hold a button to put your head down and make it a lot harder for guards to see you? You were only punished by it taking longer to complete.

Now you can blend in with a group of 4 people going up the stairs and for some reason when they get to the top they immediately turn the fuck around and walk back down!! This also happened to me many times and 3 times in a row in 1 mission - I went to kill the last target and when I did I got the checkpoint and right after that I got the message that I was detected and failed. Luckily the game always loaded me at the checkpoint I just got, but this proved to me that the game is flawed and the enemies can still see you when THEY ARE DEAD!!

I don't mind stealth, as long as it doesn't feel cheap.

yeh cause assassins are supposed to run in all guns, or um, blades, blazing - cause thats dead assassin like... >.<

The previous 2 games were a lot more forgiving in every situation, the stealth being the least forgving of all now that you can't fall back on combat skills if you aren't good at stealth. The wide variety of choices of paths to take in stealth missions was a bit annoying too, finding the correct one was annoying but I persevered to complete those missions. Also, one humourous time, the game must have glitched because I got detected as soon as one of those stealth missions started, like right as it was doing the loading for the mission.

I can see why people wouldn't like the new level of difficulty, it's not appealing to go from AC2, which was easy for the most part, to AC:B which punishes the player for the slightest mistake. I didn't have much problem with it personally, my main problem was the glitches, particularly the game breaking ones (like the game removing my hidden blades from my inventory, har har, very funny game...).

And one last thing, the people who are saying "Well you just suck at the game." If you say it you're either a fanboy or you just want to up your post count. The proper way you should respond is to at least try to help the person complaining, even if they've beaten the game you should ask them which bits were particularly difficult and then you might be able to provide an easier option which will either help the person get through, or make them more content knowing they just went the hard way round.

I can understand why you might've played through the first two games non-stealthily, but it was always Ubisoft's intent for the player to be more of an assassin than a barbarian.

And yes I do realize that several cutscenes do in fact have Ezio directly alerting his targets like an idiot, and the franchise did, after all, start because Altair did the same, betraying the locations of his allies...

But with each upgrade to the AC brand it's been having more and more ways of being stealthy. In the PC release of Assassin's Creed there was a new mission type for your investigations that required you to kill archers without being seen. Assassin's Creed 2 added courtesans and gold throwing to distract guards, and the improved air assassinations and assassination of guards on ledges above you don't alert guards either. With the addition of the overpowered crossbow, stealth in ACB was honestly a joke.

I think that they maybe should've made throwing knives an instant-kill on unaware guards because not having the crossbow reduces your killing range to that of the air assassination which I assume is a large source of the OP's grief,

but if you play in the sandbox for a decent amount of time, you get that crossbow long before any stealth mission comes up.

When I first played ACB I'll admit that a few things annoyed me, but the more you play the game, it's undoubtably the best game in the series. Going back to the first game as I recently did, makes you feel like you're missing limbs it's so different. The forget how game-changing fighting with the hidden blade and the improved fist-fighting are until you're deprived of those abilities, and ACB's execution streaks and kick command definitely make for a more action-packed fighting system than the old combo kills, though I still wish ACB actually required timing on executions rather than just mashing.

I thought this one had a little less of the frustrating missions, like the timed flag collection ones in earlier AC games. Some of the "avoid detection" missions did get to be a pain. The Leo one to destroy the machine gun took me a few tries, but, it made me appreciate some of the mechanics in the game (and previous games) that I had ignored thus far in favor of aggro aggression. Steath kills work well, are easy, and fun. I never found that I had to memorize a long gaurd pattern and shit like that from other stealth games.

I love it when people bitch about difficulty.Stealth has always been one of the main parts of Assassins creed along with combat and platforming. How you would like the other ones and not this one is beyond me. I never had much of a a problem on the stealth besides the war machines which are suppose to be the hardest stealth sections.
I 100% agree. If you are the best Assassin in the world or Europe to say because thats where this game takes place, stealth will always be a main priority.

Sorry its not call of duty where you can just run out into the open and start fighting everyone... If you're gonna bitch and whine about taking a few extra minutes to be stealthy than dont buy the damn game...

Now off of that, I love all the AC games and feel they are doing well at inproving the story lines and how they are tying everything back into together from the very beginning of the story!! Only on sequence 5 at this point but I am looking forward to see how this baby ends!

I love how so many people don't read any of the posts - just run with yo it ain't no COD so you don't like it cause you suck bro. This is the last time I'm going to spell this out.

I personally do not enjoy the stealth aspects of ACB because I feel that many of the mechanics are flawed and the game relies way too much on luck over skill.

Could you maybe describe this luck over skill mentality? As I personally had no problems with the stealth parts.

Just silently kill your way to your objective. A roof guard? Climb the roof and pull him off the ledge. Spotted by a roof guard? Walk around a corner or hang from a ledge to get out of view.

If you could describe the parts or mechanics you are having problems with, people might be able to help.

About the "You're dead so you shouldn't warn others" part: There are two bars that are filled up before being detected. Just see the red bar as him warning the other guards. This is just one of the game mechanics to avoid things from becoming far too easy, but still doesn't have anything to do with luck. Just kill him before the red bar fills.

Edited by Castlevania1995

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/346/original/969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg?1244744838

http://forum.ntreev.net/grandchase/forums/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/10/7041.Riveting_5F00_tale_5F00_chap.jpg

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/68/cool_story_bro_2.jpg

http://files.myopera.com/AndreRodrigues/albums/2963741/cool_story_bro.png

http://i.imgur.com/wqfrA.jpg

Edited by JingaZ

I can understand the frustration but regarding stealth, I think it's just trial & error. For the exception of missions where you mustn't be detected, I actually hope I get seen as I love doing the combat. First thing I did in this game was take out as many Borgia towers as I could! As far as timed missions go, again trial & error, last one I ha to do was kill the shooter in 45 seconds which I thought I wasn't going to do but was able to.

Edited by THUGGEDOUT