GTA Online Platinum Awards

xhunterrrr

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never even been close. Seems really, really hard.

I've been VERY close. There's only one hole you can do it on. I think it's the 3rd or 4th hole. I'll double check later and report back.

Is it ok to post tips in this thread? Or should we make another thread with tips on platinum awards?

I've been VERY close. There's only one hole you can do it on. I think it's the 3rd or 4th hole. I'll double check later and report back.

Is it ok to post tips in this thread? Or should we make another thread with tips on platinum awards?

Nope, post them here. I'll throw them all into the 2nd/3rd post of the thread.

Checking Out - win a game of darts in the quickest way possible (6 dart checkout

Jesus. Is this just straight Bullseyes?

Every Race - win every type of race mode at least once

Not sure if this can be considered a tip, but there's only 3 race modes, right? Standard, GTA, and Rally? So just do all three for Land & Sea and you'll be solid I think.

Checking Out - win a game of darts in the quickest way possible (6 dart checkout

Not sure if this can be considered a tip, but there's only 3 race modes, right? Standard, GTA, and Rally? So just do all three for Land & Sea and you'll be solid I think.

You only get 50pts for a bull.

You need to get either;

Double 20 - Tripple 20 - Tripple20, Tripple 20 - Tripple 19 - Double 12

Or

Double 20 -Tripple 20 - Tripple 20, Tripple 20 - Tripple 15 - Double 18.

I wrote a quick guide for this but it was hidden earlier, if you still want to know really quick here it is.

Darts is an incredible game goodluck.

~~ Checking Out/General Darts Mini-Guide ~~

I really love darts and I believe darts is a bit of an esoteric game. So I'll add a little insight about the "Checking Out" achievement if anyone happens to need any help.

A couple easy checkouts I use are: (Basic Guide below if this doesn't make sense)

T20, T20, T20 + T19, D20, D12

If you accidentally miss one of the T20s, you can still check out using:

T20, T20, 20 + T19, T18, DB (double bulls-eye).

(You need to be able to hit at least 2 T20s in your first turn to be able to check out)

Cool tip: You can just out with just 3 darts if your score is 170 or less Excluding these Seven Scores (169, 168, 166, 165, 163, 162, 159). So 158-2 are 100% checkout-able in 1 turn.

List of all possible checkouts: (refer to this after your first 3 throws to see if you can still checkout)

This website is a list of common checkouts, whatever your score is refer to this list before you throw you can think of it as a little "Cheat Sheet".

http://www.crowsdarts.com/charts/out_steel.html

~~~ Basic Darts Guide ~~~

In 301 the goal is to get your score from 301 down to exactly 0 (ending on a DOUBLE) using the shortest amount of darts thrown.

The last dart you throw needs to finish on a DOUBLE, the double is the rectangle areas on the OUTSIDE of the dartboard, also the very CENTER (bullseye) counts as a double as well.

Example: If you have a score of 10 remaining, in order to with you need to hit the DOUBLE 5, (5x2 = 10). Hitting a double to win the game is called "Checking out".

You always want to aim for the TRIPLE 20 (the triple is the small red rectangle in the middle of the 20 slot), this is the highest scoring spot on the entire board, netting a maximum possible of 180 in an entire turn.

So, the 2 big things you need to know for success:

~ Aim for the TRIPLE 20

~ Finish on a DOUBLE.

~ Refer to this website when you have a score of 158 or less to see how to check out.

http://www.crowsdarts.com/charts/out_steel.html

Edited by Slaytalllica

For the "No Claims Bonus" award, you need to drive for 5/10/20?/30 consecutive minutes without damaging your vehicle. You can easily just go into a solo session and go to the horse racetrack along the East side of the city and drive there for 30 minutes like I did (very boring...).

I'm sure there is also somewhere where you could just tape down RT, and rubber band the vehicle for 30 minutes, but I wanted to make sure I knew I didn't crash. Honestly, I only recommend going for this one if you want to get all the platinum awards. You can easily find 30 much less annoying awards to get, and this one doesn't even give any kind of other award.

(double bulls-eye).

There is no such thing. It's Bullseye or outer bullseye. The colours are purely there to separate from the ones either side, if you look at the same number, double and treble will always share the same colour (red or green) and the "single" zone will always be white(cream) or black.

Sorry but i play league darts and that bugged me :p lol

[General 6] Clear Out - clear out 5 gang attacks in one game day in a single session

locations

http://imgur.com/LdXrK9C

#1 back of building next to storm drains, on multiple levels

#2 under bridge just south of ammunation with range

#3 construction site {parachute marker}

#4 little farm with those half-circle sun-shield things for crops {near a race marker}

#5 airplane graveyard {near survival location}

#6 (not marked) at the western end of the airfield used in game by trevor during drug trafficking missions

#7 blue markers i cant remember which one is correct, its jsut south of a main bridge on hte traintracks

just did it in solo session; had issues getting htem to spawn reliably in public. solo wasnt much better. id reccomend starting at "#5" at the boneyard then grabbing a heli from the big airstrip just a little west and then flying to the lcoations and slowing down as you approach, circle a bit then try the next

[Vehicle 3]No Claims Bonus - drive for 30 consecutive minutes without damage to your car

depending on the coding you might be able to get it with a plane/heli/boatwhich would obviously lend itself better to a (semi-)rubberband approach. if someone hasnt got anything better to do might be owrth trying

Edited by DerEnglaender

To "Check out" in 6 darts you can also hit

1. Triple 20

2. Triple 20

3. Triple 20

4. Triple 20

5. Triple 7

6. Double 20

You can do it solo if you quickly hit start before someone joins and you still get the medal :woop:

Any tips on the hole on one? As for the info so far thank you!

I've messed around with it a bit, set it to Start hole 6 and end hole 6.

Hole 3 and 6 are both par 3's but I feel Hole 6 is the easiest.

(Hole 4 is a Par 4 but it should be possible to get a hole-in-one. If you apply spin you can get it onto the green in 1 shot, although this is by far the hardest, not advised)

Closest I've gotten is 2 feet (in 3 attempts) but you should be able to get a hole-in-one on hole 6 within 25 tries

Basically aim for a few yards right before the fringe, and it'll roll right near the hole, only problem is the wind does change so each time it will be dynamic.

The worst part is I've been unable to find a replay button, so everytime you complete the hole it takes 1-2 mins to get back into hole 6.

There is no such thing. It's Bullseye or outer bullseye. The colours are purely there to separate from the ones either side, if you look at the same number, double and treble will always share the same colour (red or green) and the "single" zone will always be white(cream) or black.

Sorry but i play league darts and that bugged me :p lol

Interesting, but on the out charts the notations are DB = Double bull and B = single bull (they don't go by Bull/Bullseye), and that's the way I've come to learn it over the years, so i'll just stick with that to avoid any possible confusion.

For the arm wrestling wins can you keep hitting X for a rematch? Or won't it count?

Yep rematch works only need 25 for Platinum too.

Yo my Platinum Awards tracker isn't moving up at all, it says 11/85 and I did haircuts, gang-attacks and lap dances and it still says 11/85 but it's completed in the awards section, what's up!?

It should eventually update it was doing this to me yesterday.