Estimated time for 1000: 15 hours.

Minimum playthroughs: 8

Missable achievements: None

Glitched achievements: None

Offline: 33 (1000)

Online: 0 (0)

Cheats disable achievements: No cheats

Walkthrough

Just like my Chaos;Head:Love Chu*Chu guide, this is an abbreviated walkthrough for people who do not speak/read the Japanese language.

There are 8 playthroughs required in this manner.

1. A route ending. (You can make any choice you like to get this ending as first playthrough will always be this ending no matter what... with the exception of getting a game over by picking the wrong choice in chapter 6) In my walkthrough, I make specific choices in order to save you from having to do a separate walkthrough.

2. B route ending. You must make these specific choices to get to this ending.

3~8. Endings for each character. Specific choices need to be made at certain points to make the story lean towards that character. (A little time can be saved by starting at chapter 2 and 3 for some characters)

8a. Mop-up playthrough to play just chapter 9 to get all Positive, all Negative choices achievement. (I actually do this playthrough as 4.5, between 4 & 5 in my guide)

8b. Mop-up playthrough to play just chapter 10 to get the AA route ending.

First things first, let's get the settings to get you skipping as fast as possible. Go into CONFIG for the main menu. Set it up as follows.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9266/chaosheadnoahsettings1.jpg

Note that the current highlighted setting controls whether to stop skipping when there is a "thought trigger" (ON), or to just continue skipping (OFF). For playthroughs 1~3, you will want to have this setting at ON, but for playthroughs 4~8, you may want to turn it to OFF after the character storyline has begun.

Quick note about the controls in this game:

RB: Begin/End fast-skip mode (Just press once to begin skipping, again to stop)

Y: Go into TIPS menu (You will need to see this 2 times to get 2 achievements)

LB: See dialog backlog.

Start: Pause

Edited by sanger

Playthrough 1 – Route A

Every time the screen blurs, you need to press the appropriate trigger marked below to make the screen green or red then continue skipping. Below are the choices you have to make on each chapter.

Chapter 1

YES, YES, YES, LT, LT, LT, LT, LT

Chapter 2

LT, LT, Check every box in the medical chart, OK, RT, RT

Chapter 3

LT, RT, RT, LT, LT, LT

Chapter 4

LT, LT, RT, LT, LT

Chapter 5

RT, LT, RT, RT, LT

Chapter 6

RT, LT, LT, RT, YES, YES, NO, NO, YES, LT

Chapter 7

LT, LT, RT, RT, LT

Chapter 8

LT, LT, LT, RT, LT

Chapter 9

RT, RT, LT, RT, LT

Go to EXTRA > TIPS and check No. 142 to check the results of the medical chart. (100%)

Playthrough 2 – Route B

Every time the screen blurs, you need to press the appropriate trigger marked below to make the screen green or red then continue skipping. If it says None, do not press any triggers, just skip. Also, there will be certain YES/NO choices, you have to make at certain points. Make the right decision as shown. Below are the choices you have to make on each chapter.

Chapter 1

NO, NO, NO, None, NO, NO, YES, YES, NO, RT, None, RT, None

Chapter 2

None, None, Check none of the boxes in the medical chart. OK, LT, LT

Chapter 3

RT, None, LT, RT, RT, None

Chapter 4

None, None, None, RT, RT

Chapter 5

LT, None, LT, None, RT

Chapter 6

LT, None, None, None, NO, NO, YES, NO, YES, None

Chapter 7

RT, None, None, None, RT

Chapter 8

None, None, RT, None, None

Chapter 9

None, None, None, LT, None

Go to TIPS and check No. 142 to check the results of the medical chart. (0%)

Playthrough 3 – Rimi’s Ending

Here are the choices to jump into Rimi’s route.

Chapter 1

YES, YES, YES, LT, YES, NO, YES, NO, YES, None, RT, None, RT

Chapter 2

RT, RT, OK, None, None,

Chapter 3

None, LT, None, None, None, RT

Chapter 4

RT, RT, LT, None, None

Chapter 5

None, RT, None, LT, None

Chapter 6

None, RT, RT, LT, YES, YES, NO, NO, YES, RT

Chapter 7

None, RT, LT, LT, None

Chapter 8

RT, RT, None, LT, RT

Edited by sanger
Fixed playthrough 2 chapter 1 choices. Thanks to MattDB87

Playthrough 4 – Nanami’s Ending

Here are the choices to jump into Nanami’s route. After we enter a character’s route, any decision we make after that doesn’t matter, so just skip through everything until chapter 6. See below for details. This is same for all subsequent playthroughs 5 through 8.

For faster skipping, after jumping into that character's route, change the settings as below. Press START to go into pause menu.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1504/chaosheadnoahpausemenu.jpg

5th one down on the right side (the highlighted one) is the menu for CONFIG.

Enter that and change setting as below to skip without pause. (Remember to change this setting back for next playthrough).

http://i56.tinypic.com/23vmcly.jpg

Chapter 1

YES, YES, YES, RT, LT, NO, YES, NO, YES, YES

From this point, you may make any selection until chapter 6.

After the 4th trigger in chapter 6, you will be given a YES/NO choice. You must select YES, YES, NO, NO, YES (Be careful here because if you mess this up, it's an instant game over, and you have to start from the beginning)

After that, you can make any choice until you get to the end.

Playthrough 4.5 – Small mop-up

Start from chapter 9. To do this go to CONTINUE > LOAD CHAPTER and choose chapter 9. (There will be two chapter 9's in the list, but always choose the one that comes first if you scroll from the top) Make the following choices.

Chapter 9

LT, LT, RT, None, RT

Playthrough 5 – Ayase’s Ending

Star from chapter 2 and make the following choices.

Chapter 2

RT, RT, OK, RT, YES, NO, YES, YES, YES

Skip to end. (See playthrough 4)

Playthrough 6 – Sena’s Ending

Start form chapter 3 and make the following choices.

Chapter 3

None, YES, YES, YES, YES, NO

Playthrough 7 – Kozue’s Ending

Start form chapter 3 and make the following choices.

Chapter 3

LT, LT, LT, LT, YES, YES, YES, YES, NO

Playthrough 8 – Yua’s Ending

Start form chapter 1 and make the following choices.

Chapter 1

YES, YES, YES, None, NO, NO, YES, YES, YES

Edited by sanger

Playthrough 8.5 - AA route ending (blue sky)

Now that we have seen all the endings, you have a new option on the main menu. Select "blue sky" and make the following choices.

YES, YES, NO, NO, NO, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES

After you see this ending, you will get the blue sky achievement, and then a Congratulations screen will pop up, netting you the CG Complete achievement. Finally, when you return to the main menu, Ending complete achievement will pop, which is the final achievement.

Conclusion

This is one of the longer and more complicated games in the Japanese text adventure genre. It is said that this game has a great story, but to be honest, with my level of Japanese, it would take million years to understand it, so I didn't bother. Have fun getting 1000 in this game and don't fall asleep at the controller like I did and mess up...

Edited by sanger

Sanger : Awesome, this is 1 million times better then the japanese "guides" that I found. They didn't cover all the ends, you did. :woop:

Actually, I took the queues from the Japanese guides. They do cover all the endings, but in a very brief way like choose this for this situation and answer in this manner rather than press LT then choose Y,Y,N,N,Y like I did above.

Japanese guides simply assumes that you speak/read Japanese fluently, so they don't go into button by button walkthrough for this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 2

I accidentally skipped this RT part on my first play-through, am i screwed?0

I got the Silent sky ending. Is that right?

Playthrough 2 – Route B

Every time the screen blurs, you need to press the appropriate trigger marked below to make the screen green or red then continue skipping. If it says None, do not press any triggers, just skip. Also, there will be certain YES/NO choices, you have to make at certain points. Make the right decision as shown. Below are the choices you have to make on each chapter.

Chapter 1

NO, NO, NO, RT, NO, NO, YES, YES, NO, RT, None, RT, None

After this, there are more times to press RT or LT.

Actually the second sets of yes and noes didn't even come up.

On playthrough b i did the second set of yes/no that you have listed in chapter 1, in chapter 3...

So i did Playthrough 4 – Nanami’s Ending and it skipped all the way too the end and i didnt get the yes/no option in chapter 6...

Am i suppose to get an achievement after that playthrough 4.5 mop-up?

Edited by MattDB87

Chapter 2

I accidentally skipped this RT part on my first play-through, am i screwed?0

I got the Silent sky ending. Is that right?

Playthrough 2 – Route B

Chapter 1

After this, there are more times to press RT or LT.

Actually the second sets of yes and noes didn't even come up.

On playthrough b i did the second set of yes/no that you have listed in chapter 1, in chapter 3...

So i did Playthrough 4 – Nanami’s Ending and it skipped all the way too the end and i didnt get the yes/no option in chapter 6...

Am i suppose to get an achievement after that playthrough 4.5 mop-up?

You will get the silent sky ending no matter what you do in playthrough 1. You can make any choice, any answer, and get that ending & achievement. (For example, you can press RT for everything, LT for everything, none for everything and still get the achievement. I only list those items because this is the fastest way.)

For playthrough 2, I made a mistake, which is fixed now. Sorry about that.

Chapter 1

This should have been:

Chapter 1

NO, NO, NO, None, NO, NO, YES, YES, NO, RT, None, RT, None

After 4.5 - If you do not have the All Positive and All Negative achievements, which you probably don't if you missed a Negative choice in chapter 2. Load up chapter 2, and just do RT for the whole chapter. It should pop up immediately. (Due to the above mistake, this means you missed a "None" but there is no achievement for selecting all "None" choices, so you are okay there.) However, you may not have gotten the Route B ending, because of this mistake, so you may want to do playthrough 2 again to be sure.

Thanks for double checking and giving me feedback. I double checked all the selections one more time, and seems like this is the only mistake I made.

Edited by sanger

After the 4th trigger in chapter 6, you will be given a YES/NO choice. You must select YES, YES, NO, NO, YES (Be careful here because if you mess this up, it's an instant game over, and you have to start from the beginning)

This also seems to be used in playthrough 5 and so on...

Edit: It does say (see play-through 4) under each one. I guess i'm just posting this in case someone didn't get that lol

Chapter 1

None, NO, NO, YES, YES, YES

There is no none, the first thing is where you start answering yes/no.

Did you mean to put chapter 3 instead of 1 for play-through 8?

Edited by MattDB87

This also seems to be used in playthrough 5 and so on...

Edit: It does say (see play-through 4) under each one. I guess i'm just posting this in case someone didn't get that lol

Chapter 1

None, NO, NO, YES, YES, YES

There is no none, the first thing is where you start answering yes/no.

Did you mean to put chapter 3 instead of 1 for play-through 8?

For playthrough 8, I did mean chapter 1, but forgot to say that first three YES/NO doesn't matter. I added three * YES to that part of the guide. Good catch, and thanks for finding my mistakes. I think now the guide has all the right information.

A lot of the times, I'm double checking, but some of these come too naturally and I just skip over thinking that those who follow my guide will just make the right choice. (This is definitely not an assumption I should be making, but I do anyway...)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This makes no sense at all. I just followed your guide piece by piece all the way through, except I didn't do the "all positive" or "all negative" things until the end. So I finished all the endings, got the all ending achievement, and no congratulations screen. So no CG complete achievement. Go to look at my CG collection, I am missing one piece of CG from the 4th page, and I know you have to have all the CG except the very last congrats screen to unlock the congrats screen. So I said nevermind that for the moment let me do the all positive and all negative. So I start up chapter 9 and push LT for all of the choices, let the game go through all the way to the ending, and no achievement for all positive. What the hell is going on? Why would this happen?

EDIT: I think I might have found out. There is a Japanese wiki for Chaos Head Noah that lists all the CG arts and how you obtain them, so I think I found out why this happened, I'm trying to fix it now.

Edited by MachineAres

Firstly I have to thank the writer for a great guide. However, I have one problem. I am at the playthrough 4 section and everything was going great. For some reason I do not get the "YES/NO" options in chapter 6. I've had them in each of the other playthroughs but by using the "NONE" option to skip through to chapter 6 they were never there. I'm following the guide to the letter and made sure to make the correct chapter 1 choices.

I've just lost a lot of game time cause of this so if anyone could point out whats wrong I would be most grateful.

EDIT : Just tried a second time and same story. After the 4th choice, it skips straight to chapter 7. I have a very strong feeling using the skip all is costing me somehow.

EDIT 2 : All sorted. I don't think it is actually possible to get that choice in chapter 6 when doing the Nanami route as I could never replicate it. It doesn't matter however, just skip through chapter 7 and at the end you will get the achievement. You will however have the "YES/NO" choice in all subsequent playthroughs.

Edited by ponypo2001

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide!

However I think I may be messing something on my playthroghts.

I just followed playthrough 4 (Nanami’s Ending). I got the 10G achievement for entering her route at the chapter 1 and skip everything till chapter 6.

However in chapter 6 I only got 3 trigger points and no yes/no question at all (and I skip all of the triggers). Two of the triggers were before the rock singer jump of the building scene and one after (I guess the yes/no should be at the jump off scene, as they are on the normal playthrough, but I got none). Nevertheless I continue in Chapter 7 and soon it ends with the "Daydream" achievement, which is really the Nanami’s Ending.

And I tried the walkthrough 4.5 by starting the game on chapter 9 (giga-lo-maniac) following all the triggers indicated in the game and the game followed to chapter 10. The game ends after a lot of scenes and I did not get any achievement. What should I earn in playthrough 4.5 ?

EDITED: ok, now I have read all answers from Sange. It messed my 1st playthrough, but since not matter what the first time you always went on same ending, I did not payed attention to it. But your answers are important to the positive/negative overall, that ends with playthrough 4.5. Now I am screwed, because I do not remember what I changed in my 1st play. So if I did not get this particular achievement after all the playthroughs (I guess I will not) I will have to play again playthrough 1, even if I already finished it. Dawm.

Edited by Chiaroscuro

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm having a problem with play through 5... I let it skip through twice both times it got to the end... but, it had a series of yes no questions I couldn't skip. answered all yes. no achievement, instant credits, answered all no , instant credits no achievement. is there a way to skip the yes, no answers I am missing somewhere?

Nevermind I figured it out you just use the same answers as play through 4... I'm dumb...

Edited by stophj

Ok I'm having a problem with play through 5... I let it skip through twice both times it got to the end... but, it had a series of yes no questions I couldn't skip. answered all yes. no achievement, instant credits, answered all no , instant credits no achievement. is there a way to skip the yes, no answers I am missing somewhere?

Read the guide :p

You have to do:

Chapter 6

YES, YES, NO, NO, YES,

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This makes no sense at all. I just followed your guide piece by piece all the way through, except I didn't do the "all positive" or "all negative" things until the end. So I finished all the endings, got the all ending achievement, and no congratulations screen. So no CG complete achievement. Go to look at my CG collection, I am missing one piece of CG from the 4th page, and I know you have to have all the CG except the very last congrats screen to unlock the congrats screen. So I said nevermind that for the moment let me do the all positive and all negative. So I start up chapter 9 and push LT for all of the choices, let the game go through all the way to the ending, and no achievement for all positive. What the hell is going on? Why would this happen?

EDIT: I think I might have found out. There is a Japanese wiki for Chaos Head Noah that lists all the CG arts and how you obtain them, so I think I found out why this happened, I'm trying to fix it now.

could you link me to the wiki guide your talking about? THX

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...