Introducing the Community Team!

bplayak

Hello to all my fellow XBA members!

As you may have seen recently, many of the staff are looking to get back to our roots of this site....the community. Back when we were x360a, while smaller, it seemed as if we had more of a family environment. GSL and events was developed for the community, the maximum clubs were created for the community, and the moderation team was put in place to monitor and help the community. In the transition to XBA and with Webb and Rx focused on building the brand of our entire network through PST and Resero, some of the community focus was lost. I am happy to say, as a staff, we are determined to get back to these roots.....hence the introduction of the large umbrella of the "Community Team".

We started this process when we enabled post count in ALL forums except for forum games. For those who haven't noticed, your posts now count everywhere across the forums especially the welcome forums! Feel free to go in the welcome forums and welcome all of our new members as they come to the site!

Our next large initiative will be the "community challenge competition" In this competition, all site related community activities will earn you a set number of points. This competition will run from November 22nd-February 22nd. Top 3 point achievers will receive a forum award and the grand prize to the top point achiever will receive their very own challenge club. You'll have your name proudly emblazed on XBA for the lifetime of the Xbox. Who can enter? Anyone with 50 posts on the site is eligible to earn points in the competition! We will have a sign-up thread similar to that of the maximum clubs where every time you earn points, just sign up for them and we will track the running total. Details for points will be announced later today in the community forum.

Lastly, as part of our restructuring, all of the community related staff will fall under this umbrella in order to give the community the most complete support possible. Our goal for this initiative is to give you the XBA community that old school gaming family feel. You come to the XBA forums to chat about games and off topic subjects from like minded individuals, find information about the achievements you hunt, chat about how to achieve these achievements and participate in a multitude of site activities. That's what forums are for and we are here to provide you as much forum content as possible.

Thank you to all my fellow XBA members who have shared in this nine year and counting journey with us. We hope you continue to join us on this endeavor to enjoy this gaming hobby that we all love so much. Many of us here have grown up through childhood and now adulthood with video games and we hope to continue to provide an environment where you can share your experiences with your fellow members. Wear the XBA brand proud my friends...

-The XBA Staff

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BP, any info on what's happening to the rewards from the Halo 3 tournament and Titanfall PVP tournament? It's been quite some time and Capn Doug never did give us an update on the situation.

I'll get on that right away for you ;) We are really setting more defined roles through our staff in this new initiative. Metabolic is now in charge of all tournament related activities. I'll get the list from him on what the rewards were supposed to/should be and everything updated asap.

Hey BP, any info on what's happening to the rewards from the Halo 3 tournament and Titanfall PVP tournament? It's been quite some time and Capn Doug never did give us an update on the situation.

Please accept my apologies for the missing awards. Brian and I will get them handed out as soon as we get images from our graphics guys.

I'll get on that right away for you ;) We are really setting more defined roles through our staff in this new initiative. Metabolic is now in charge of all tournament related activities. I'll get the list from him on what the rewards were supposed to/should be and everything updated asap.

Please accept my apologies for the missing awards. Brian and I will get them handed out as soon as we get images from our graphics guys.

No problem at all. =) Thanks for the response.

I'm excited to see where this takes us. :D

To go along with this announcement, and just in case anybody had missed it, we are now also looking to add two more staff members to our little community umbrella. Details of the two positions and how to apply can be found in this thread. Applications are welcomed by all, and we're looking forward to seeing some new faces getting a nice splash of purple paint. :thumbsup:

I didn't think those even had awards?

From my understanding, there was either going to be individual awards, or they were going to implement a point system which would award points proportional to the amount of people that joined the tournament. From the points obtained, you would then get awards based on your total, so kind of like the current Max club awards, but for tournaments. But then Capn left and then nothing more was really said on the matter.

Either way, Creech and BP are aware of it and are now sorting it out so it should be good.

As a reminder to the community, the Community Challenge Competition will be starting on Sunday, November 22nd! This competition involves earning points for doing various things on the site, and the goal is to have the most points at the end of the tournament! Anyone with 50 posts on the site will be eligible to participate, and there will be prizes for participants, including the grand prize of being able to create your own challenge club on the site for the person who earns the most points in the competition!

You can view the list of all of the things that will get you points in this thread! :)

So is this a solo competition? Or a team based one? Seems like a solo based one to me.

Quick question regarding this:

"25 points for becoming a member of the XBA Ambassador program at any level"

Does this mean current Ambassador members cannot obtain these 25 points? If so it does give them a slight disadvantage, unless current Ambassadors automatically get 25 points for being Ambassadors.

EDIT: Also, can I have a quick clarification about these:

"25 points for completing any Challenge Club Tier" & "25 points for earning or upgrading any award".

So, lets say I complete Halo Tier 1 club, and then sign up for the award, do I then get 25 points for "Completing it", and then another 25 points when I receive my award?

EDIT 2: Since it's a long tournament, is it possible to do it in pairs of 2 (that we chose)? Mainly because 4 months a long time (double the length of GSL) so I thought maybe squads would work better.

Edited by Jakez123

As a reminder to the community, the Community Challenge Competition will be starting on Sunday, November 22nd! This competition involves earning points for doing various things on the site, and the goal is to have the most points at the end of the tournament! Anyone with 50 posts on the site will be eligible to participate, and there will be prizes for participants, including the grand prize of being able to create your own challenge club on the site for the person who earns the most points in the competition!

You can view the list of all of the things that will get you points in this thread! :)

How will points be tracked? Would I have to notify a future thread when I fulfill one of those things, or will you guys take care of all that?

Like, say I hand in 1 Guide/Roadmap and 5 Micros during the time span. Will you guys know that I then have 150 points?

How will points be tracked? Would I have to notify a future thread when I fulfill one of those things, or will you guys take care of all that?

Like, say I hand in 1 Guide/Roadmap and 5 Micros during the time span. Will you guys know that I then have 150 points?

Taken from the OP:

"We will have a sign-up thread similar to that of the maximum clubs where every time you earn points, just sign up for them and we will track the running total. Details for points will be announced later today in the community forum."

So is this a solo competition? Or a team based one? Seems like a solo based one to me.

Quick question regarding this:

"25 points for becoming a member of the XBA Ambassador program at any level"

Does this mean current Ambassador members cannot obtain these 25 points? If so it does give them a slight disadvantage, unless current Ambassadors automatically get 25 points for being Ambassadors.

EDIT: Also, can I have a quick clarification about these:

"25 points for completing any Challenge Club Tier" & "25 points for earning or upgrading any award".

So, lets say I complete Halo Tier 1 club, and then sign up for the award, do I then get 25 points for "Completing it", and then another 25 points when I receive my award?

EDIT 2: Since it's a long tournament, is it possible to do it in pairs of 2 (that we chose)?

This is a solo competition. :)

As for your question, current members of the Ambassador program can not earn those points, only new ones. It may be a slight disadvantage (just like how someone who completed numerous staff/subscriber/challenge clubs would be at one as well since they can not earn points for things they have already done), but there are plenty of other ways that you will be able to earn points in this competition!

Also, can I have a quick clarification about these:

Yes, "any award" is any award. :p

Since it's a long tournament, is it possible to do it in pairs of 2 (that we chose)?

No, since this is a solo tournament, you will have to do this alone.

We will have a thread with points tracked as well as a sign up thread that you can use to notify us about points that you have earned. :)

Taken from the OP:

"We will have a sign-up thread similar to that of the maximum clubs where every time you earn points, just sign up for them and we will track the running total. Details for points will be announced later today in the community forum."

We will have a thread with points tracked as well as a sign up thread that you can use to notify us about points that you have earned. :)

Whoops. I completely missed that.

Thank you, both of you. This is kinda exciting. I already have like 210 points lined up :p

Edited by BiggD

Just to make sure, a challenge/staff/subscriber club is classified as "complete" when we sign up for them correct? If so, couldn't someone preload these clubs?

Yes, it is considered complete when you sign up for it. In theory, someone could preload these (just like max clubs, guides, over achiever/arcade crazy achievements, or almost anything else really), but with the points being revealed shortly before the competition, there would not be much time to preload any of these things.

Whoops. I completely missed that.

Thank you, both of you. This is kinda exciting. I already have like 210 points lined up :p

No problem, I am glad I can help you! Feel free to ask any questions that you may have about this competition! :) I hope everyone is looking forward to participating and exciting about it!:D