ever been called a nerd or have no life because of your gamerscore

xbox360freak222

i have been called many things ive had people saying im a hacker by some people because they believe its not possible to do legit. moslty by 12 to 16 year old cod scum. also get crap for buying aleins cm and other games that arent the best even tho i enjoy them . so have you guys had any run ins with idiots

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I did a gs race last year. Was playing Bolt for an easy 1000g. Then this idiot on my f.l started messaging me calling me a kid. Despite the fact I have 14 years on him. Then carried on insulting me. Troll failed as I didn't rise to it. Was able to insult his lack of intelligence and trolled him back. After deleting and blocking him, he made another account to carry on.

I don't care if anyone thinks I have no life. Been a gamer for 27 years. Don't game as much now as I have a daughter.

Yeah, I did a gs race last year. Was playing Bolt for an easy 1000g. Then this idiot on my f.l started messaging me calling me a kid. Despite the fact I have 14 years on him. Then carried on insulting me. Troll failed as I didn't rise to it. Was able to insult his lack of intelligence and trolled him back. After deleting and blocking him, he made another account to carry on.

I don't care if anyone thinks I have no life. Been a gamer for 27 years. Don't game as much now as I have a daughter.

ive been told im to old to game yet im only 19 years old its ridiculous that some people think once your 18 you wont game annymore

I don't really care if any randoms I meet in games call me names or anything. I find it the height of idiocy, and I carry on happy in the knowledge that no matter how much older or younger they are than me, they're infinitely more pathetic than me.

When it does bother me is if people I know have anything to say, either directly about me or about gaming itself. My brother in law can often make remarks about gaming being sad and childish, and I'm pretty sure he does it because he knows it's a guaranteed way to get me to bite, but it still bothers me, because he knows me and he knows how big an interest and hobby of mine it is. I hate the dated, inaccurate perception that non-gamers have that gaming is childish, sad, antisocial etc. In my opinion, while there are many games and genres that are made for the younger gamer, gaming (especially this generation) has never been more well aimed at adults. You get so many games now which are rated 15+ or 18+. It's definitely one of my biggest gripes, that and the notion that gaming makes you violent.

I dont see being called a nerd as an insult, lol.

But there will always be someone who insults you anonymously, usually because you kick their ass and/or take their mother to a nice sea food dinner and never call them again.

When I get someone who sends me an annoying msg I just block them. As for the age thing, I'm 30 and still play games. I dont think its weird, we grew up on games so why would we stop? I still have my original Nintendo system that still works and I remember playing Astroids and ET on my Attari (that makes me feel old, ha ha). Hell, I remember my dad taking me to arcades. How is it different from people who play cards, or chess, or even sports allot? Its a hobby, if you like it, f*ck what others think.

This is what uniformed people think gamers are

http://www.dmfiat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/fat_gamer_kid.jpg

This is what gamers are really like

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/grandmas-boy-grown-gamers.jpg

(joking)

I've heard the word "nerd" so much that I don't even consider it an insult anymore. And frankly, I don't care what people say when they see my Gamerscore. I'm proud of my Gamerscore, I'm proud of what I've accomplished in my favorite games, and that's what matters. Anyone who has a problem with my Gamerscore can sit and spin :p

Nope. Back when I was in high school I used to be pretty athletic (swim teams).

The years go by, I pick up my first 360 in '09.

A bit of my friends from high school are on my friend's list, and some were on the swim teams I was in.

After a few months of playing Halo 3 I decided to go for the 100% completion, so I did, and I got that done, and I kept moving on to more games. My friends noticed how my gamerscore kept rising from 10,000 to 20,000, then 30,000 (it's 52,030 as of this post, not a whole lot compared to other people on this site but whatever.) and some of them called me a "dweeb" for striving for completions, but I somehow managed to get a third of them into achievement hunting.

Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. I guess some of us can't really see each other very often and hop in a pool and time ourselves, so we race each other in completing games instead.

Pretty dorky, but I don't give a fuck.

ive been told im to old to game yet im only 19 years old its ridiculous that some people think once your 18 you wont game annymore

Never too old to game. 2 of my friends are still gaming in their 40's. My g/f is 38 and games with me. So age and gender are not an issue. If you enjoy it, do it.

Only thing that annoys me as much is people who try and add me as I have a high gamerscore or they like my gamertag. Yes, I have had them reasons. But not as funny as when someone sent a f.r then denied it. Then changed their mind and said they wanted to have more friends.

Most of the times, I forget about the achievements and I simply enjoy my games until I can start it all over again for a completion run, nor I have ever bought a game just because it was an easy 1000 :gsicon:. But I think that's just another way of enjoying games, and there's nothing wrong about it. I find it quite satisfying every time I devote myself to complete a certain game's achievements list, because that always means I really love that game.

I have both the highest gamerscore and the highest number of trophies among my friends, for which I actually receive some sincere praises every once on a while, rather than insults. No need to say you should completely disregard such absurd claims.

Once had a guy ask if my gamerscore was legit or hacked/modded...prolly because of the high percentage of 1000G games on the list. Most people I have gamed online with tend to have 50-500g for most of their games. Kinda rare to see 1000Gs on profiles outside sh1t like Avatar, Fight Night Round 3