Everyone is getting hyped over this

iamgift3d

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493492

myself included.

But on further investigation most of those bullet points arent true. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGBAUgYry9E&feature=related]NEW Black Ops 2 SNIPER Multiplayer Gameplay at Yemen -Hardpoint- HD - YouTube[/ame]

You can see in this video thats not edited the spawns still suck and the guy gets spawned in the enemies cross hairs more than once.

Also sniping looks just as easy to pull quick scopes if not easier (which i dont really consider a bad thing)

And no recoil on any of the footage ive watched.

Also seems like the small map mentality is back god i hate small maps.

I really enjoy getting the achievements in cods though even as far back as cod 2 when it was actually difficult. So ill pick it up regardless like everyone else.

for zombies yes!

Well i understand that. And in my instance i enjoy the campaigns (except mw3's easy trash) But the nda being lifted had nothing to do with people talking about the zombies or the campaign. So in turn has nothing to do with my thread. No offense i just would rather stay on topic when pertaining to this one. Because i feel like activision is getting youtubers to lie to us now. Which is sad.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493492

myself included.

But on further investigation most of those bullet points arent true. NEW Black Ops 2 SNIPER Multiplayer Gameplay at Yemen -Hardpoint- HD - YouTube

You can see in this video thats not edited the spawns still suck and the guy gets spawned in the enemies cross hairs more than once.

Also sniping looks just as easy to pull quick scopes if not easier (which i dont really consider a bad thing)

And no recoil on any of the footage ive watched.

Also seems like the small map mentality is back god i hate small maps.

I really enjoy getting the achievements in cods though even as far back as cod 2 when it was actually difficult. So ill pick it up regardless like everyone else.

This is still a BETA build. The game hasn't gone gold yet so changes can and most probably will be made.

Sniping is a Meh subject with me. I used to enjoy qiuckscoping/sniping w/e but it sometimes pisses me off :p

All the footage I've seen has guns with no recoil. I really hope its not the case for all the weapons.

Call Of Duty is a faced paced arcade shooter. It wouldn't work with big maps as we've seen with WaW. All the gun fights get confined to one area of said large maps so I really don't see the point of having large map. Medium - Small is fine with me.

Anywho definitely looking forward to Black Ops 2 as I have all the COD games and then after Xmas I will hate it but still continue to play Haha

Because I enjoyed Black Ops more than any of CoD online, I'll be getting this game at the midnight launch.

Ive gotten them all at midnight launches. Some i wish i didnt bother with. As far as mp I think cod3 was my favorite. No perks having to pick up health and weapons. It was a lot less arcadey.

This is still a BETA build. The game hasn't gone gold yet so changes can and most probably will be made.

Sniping is a Meh subject with me. I used to enjoy qiuckscoping/sniping w/e but it sometimes pisses me off :p

All the footage I've seen has guns with no recoil. I really hope its not the case for all the weapons.

Call Of Duty is a faced paced arcade shooter. It wouldn't work with big maps as we've seen with WaW. All the gun fights get confined to one area of said large maps so I really don't see the point of having large map. Medium - Small is fine with me.

Anywho definitely looking forward to Black Ops 2 as I have all the COD games and then after Xmas I will hate it but still continue to play Haha

I thought waw had some of the best designed maps. Im not talking huge maps but that boat map is the same size as say nuke town. It seems theyve been trending to make more maps like that in the past 2 cods. Smaller maps like that make it more about spawn luck and camping then any kind of map control skill. I like medium to larger scaled maps with multiple routes and different sight lines. Helps with the fighting not being bottlenecked into one area. But i guess i play any online shooter more in a competitive sense then casual sense and cods not really meant to be taken competitively.

Im really looking forward to this game. I've decided to go into the game with a completely different mindset. Not going for the 3 or 4 KD's like I used to with a super high Win/Loss. Just going to play for fun.

Also really happy to hear about the updates to the prestige system.

Can't wait for Novermber 13th.

The only update ive heard about is challanges carrying over. Which i feel sucks. Because itll make prestiging a slower process without all those xp boosts.

Nope. Not that hyped to be honest. This will be the first CoD game I will completely pass on. Won't even get it used at Gamestop like I usually do for Treyarch games.

I was the same way. And not because cods are bad games necessarily. But because its the same game every year. And for the past year or two every other multiplayer game tries to copy their strategy. Its ruined halo and gears. So i sort of resent call of duty for that and was so read to not give them my money. Then i read that thread and peoples impressions and i got hyped for a whole day. But then i watched a few of the videos and realized the impressions were all bullshit and probably just payed activision pr people.

Dumb question but what is an NDA? NDAs lifted? Not sure what that is and I can't seem to find a definite answer via Google.

I dont know what the actual acronym stands for but it means the date that people other then the pr and company can start talking about their personal play experiences with the game without fear of being sued.

Most likely these lucky people that got to play it had to sign a contract and were not allowed to comment on their experience till a certain date which was the nda being lifted.

Big improvement in the graphics, hope Quick scoping is like in BO1, MW3 was disgustingly easy.

I did notice a more realistic size relationship. No more characters that are 4 feet larger than cars. But its still the same 8? year old engine and dont really see any real improvements in the graphics. Art style is a bit better and that may be where youre getting confused.

Just don't forget what happened with Black Ops one, the sniping before release was amazing and so easy to do, then it was nerfed so badly when the game actually came out. I have a feeling Treyarch will once again ruin sniping and nerf them right at release. DSR50 won't be as good as he makes it out to be once we have it in our hands. Bring on the hitmarkers...

I thought waw had some of the best designed maps. Im not talking huge maps but that boat map is the same size as say nuke town. It seems theyve been trending to make more maps like that in the past 2 cods. Smaller maps like that make it more about spawn luck and camping then any kind of map control skill. I like medium to larger scaled maps with multiple routes and different sight lines. Helps with the fighting not being bottlenecked into one area. But i guess i play any online shooter more in a competitive sense then casual sense and cods not really meant to be taken competitively.

WaW has my favorite maps from all the CoD games but some of them are far too big and it just doesn't work with the play style of CoD.

Just don't forget what happened with Black Ops one, the sniping before release was amazing and so easy to do, then it was nerfed so badly when the game actually came out. I have a feeling Treyarch will once again ruin sniping and nerf them right at release. DSR50 won't be as good as he makes it out to be once we have it in our hands. Bring on the hitmarkers...

I dont get the ballista iron sight sniper. Like you can basically do that with a fal if your trigger finger is fast enough and youre just as precise. Thatll probably be the one gun then dont nerf. If enough people complain they will all get nerfed hard, well see. It looks as of right now the shots barely miss on quick scoping and even no scoping which is kinda ridiculous.

WaW has my favorite maps from all the CoD games but some of them are far too big and it just doesn't work with the play style of CoD.

You need a bigger map with focus points to really let the game shine. So people can play the way they want to. And each guns effective range can be utilized. I can snipe on nuketown and do well but id do even better if i sniped with a ump the whole time for instance, because one side of the map to the other is still just barely mid range. And the few mid to long range maps they come out with since 4 and waw have been cluster fucks with so much junk purposely placed to destroy sight lights and movement and poorly designed routes.

As far as size wise goes i mean more like cod4 vanilla maps with the route design of waw. And dont add as much useless clutter. I know ill never get that though because most people like the in 100% action all the time maps. I just feel though maps dumb the game down considerably and take all the fun and diversity that cod has left from its gunplay.