Is this game worth 1200 MS points?

True I Skill

Im shocked theres not any threads about this yet D;

I did look through the 5 pages, Thats a first.

Anyway i played through the demo very quickly, Skipping any cut scene, Jumping arround everywhere. and well once i made it to the end i acturly enjoyed the game. But do you guys think its worth the 1200 ms points?

How long is this game? and any replayability?

I saw the map and it reminded me a little bit of Castlevania, Is it anything like this but a way more modern version?

Well if you ever played any of the old school Metroids then you will find that this game is utterly AMAZING!!! I think it could have been a retail release...I actually wish it was. It is so fun to grind away through the MASSIVE map! I would've paid more than 1200 MS pts...but then again...I love the Metroid series. I say buy it. It's the best arcade game out to me. I'm trying to be unbiased.

I'm shocked you're questioning the price.

I'm more surprised they didn't try and sell it for more.

It's old-school 2D platform/adventure, in the spirit of Super Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. You can score SotN on XBLA for, what, $10?

In my opinion it is worth it. I am very satisfied with how much entertainment I got out of it so far. Even after you beat the game, you can go around and get 100% of the items and you will enjoy what comes as you go for it (won't spoil it). I wasn't going to buy it initially because it was by Epic and they have recently failed in epic amounts, but after playing the demo I couldn't resist. The game is fun. 12+ hours invested so far and 9/12 achievements.

The answer is a definite yes.

I had a more in-depth answer somewhere on this board to someone who asked pretty much the same thing. I can't be bothered to find it right now, but I might copy and paste it here if I can be bothered.

The short version of that post is just: yes it's totally worth it. :D

Wow seems like people like it :)

Sorry i had to ask the question, I always do if im not 100% Sure about a game, Theres always some little thing that ruins it but with this from what people are saying, It seems like this acturly has nothing wrong with it.

;D

il pick it up when i next get some MSPoints.

Thanks for awnsers.

I'm shocked you're questioning the price.

I'm more surprised they didn't try and sell it for more.

It's old-school 2D platform/adventure, in the spirit of Super Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. You can score SotN on XBLA for, what, $10?

Hell yeah.

I love Symphony of the Night.

It's probably my favorite arcade title out of all, but Shadow Complex is becoming a close second.

I'm so glad I unlocked the full game.

:woop:

I thought this looked pretty turd from the gameplay videos, but I downloaded the demo anyway and then bought the game. I absolutely love it.

It's like Castlevania: SotN, but a bit shorter but nicer graphics. My first play through (100%) took just shy of 8 hours I think, second was 1 hour 35 mins, and now I'm finishing off with the challenge mode and levelling up to level 50.

There is PLENTY of replayability and even murmours of DLC in the works?! Also, this game has a leaderboard which promotes speed running the game through. Someone has done it in 33 minutes already!!

Well worth the 1200 MSP.

Peace

There are only a handful of games that have the 1200 pt price that deserve it. Shadow Complex is definitelly one of those games. Its not some overpriced flash game or a simple multiplayer only brawl. This game has the graphics, storyline, and length of a full retail game. It was going to be 1600 pts at first but I'm guessing they lowered the price to attract more gamers. I still would've bought it. Had Epic thrown in multiplayer(and with their track record it would've been amazing with a bit o glitch), this game could've easily been a $60 retail game instead of a $15 arcade game.

There are only a handful of games that have the 1200 pt price that deserve it. Shadow Complex is definitelly one of those games. Its not some overpriced flash game (Castle Crashers?) or a simple multiplayer only brawl. (Marvel vs Capcom 2?)

lol

both of those games are worth their points...

and so is Shadow Complex :) Many, many, many times over.

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I love this game and it's one of my favorite games I've played on the 360. I loved the Metroid games and I think Chair has really done a nice job with making a Metroid-like game. It's fun to explore the map and see not just where you go toward your objective but stray from the path and find new areas. I also like making the bad guys scream after lauching them with a punch down a cavern or from another high place, always satisfying.

I did look through the 5 pages, Thats a first.

Anyway i played through the demo very quickly, Skipping any cut scene, Jumping arround everywhere. and well once i made it to the end i acturly enjoyed the game. But do you guys think its worth the 1200 ms points?

How long is this game? and any replayability?

I saw the map and it reminded me a little bit of Castlevania, Is it anything like this but a way more modern version?

It's worth more then that, it's realy good = )