Bully somewhat of a rarity on disc?

Thorpe

I notice on places like Amazon and eBay, Bully on Xbox 360 costs like £20-30 here used for some time now. Did they not press many discs or something? I know it's on Marketplace for £20 (I think?) but still, many of us here probably opt to either rent or buy a game cheap used that has been out for some time.

I rented this originally in 2008, got my copy the following year and so I'm good. Just didn't come with a manual (only a map). Bah. :(

Oh, and this game loads super fast when installed.

I think it is. When I went to trade it in at EB Games, the guy told me they have sold 2-3 pre-owned copies in the last 5-6 months. Either not many people have it, or they do and they don't trade it in.

I think it became more rare as time went on. It's a Rockstar game, so you know you are going to enjoy it one way or another.

• 4 weeks later...

This was the problem when I wanted to play this game for Xbox 360.

Was cheaper to buy on Games on Demand than it was to buy a disc version 2nd hand.

£14.99 on GoD, about £20 second hand on Amazon, Play.com etc.

Was thinking about renting it, but it was always reserved on Lovefilm at the time, so bought it from GoD.

• 2 months later...
I found this also. Bit the bullet in the end and paid £18 for it. Not played it since I picked it back up yet though. It's on my to do list, near the top too though so.

oh dear - its only £8.99 to download right now - surprised its not been mentioned in here!

i have the disc - the game has been hard to find at least in the UK for more than just a few months - try a few years!

the last time i sold mine i got around £25 for it and that was in 2010 - i bought it back earlier this year from zoverstocks (music magpie sales) for £16 i think it was and thats a really good price. im half thinking of selling it and just downloading it as its not a game id ever regret owning that way. the only problem is, no manual and no map with the online, and i doubt anyone buying the physical copy will be happy with game and case only.

ill probably just stick to the disc edition - really should play it again, i originally bought bully on ps2 and never touched it. then i rented it for the Wii when it came out and i spent ages on it before returning it when the game got tough for me late on. im sure id be better at it now, but when i played on 360 i recall having a hard time with early boss fights and maybe i just wasnt used to the controls.

its a great game and anyway you get it, its money well spent. infact i just realised i have it on Wii as well which i picked up when Game went bust for £3 - a fair difference to the xbox price!

oh dear - its only £8.99 to download right now - surprised its not been mentioned in here!

i have the disc - the game has been hard to find at least in the UK for more than just a few months - try a few years!

the last time i sold mine i got around £25 for it and that was in 2010 - i bought it back earlier this year from zoverstocks (music magpie sales) for £16 i think it was and thats a really good price. im half thinking of selling it and just downloading it as its not a game id ever regret owning that way. the only problem is, no manual and no map with the online, and i doubt anyone buying the physical copy will be happy with game and case only.

ill probably just stick to the disc edition - really should play it again, i originally bought bully on ps2 and never touched it. then i rented it for the Wii when it came out and i spent ages on it before returning it when the game got tough for me late on. im sure id be better at it now, but when i played on 360 i recall having a hard time with early boss fights and maybe i just wasnt used to the controls.

its a great game and anyway you get it, its money well spent. infact i just realised i have it on Wii as well which i picked up when Game went bust for £3 - a fair difference to the xbox price!

You can always just download a pdf of the map somewhere. But yeah, this game was a lot of fun to play outside of the mini games.

• 1 month later...

I managed to score a copy back in 2011 for about $15 and it ended up becoming my second favorite Rockstar game after Red Dead Redemption.

The only reason I traded it was because the copy I picked up initially didn't have the map, and I found one that did, so I traded up.

Other than that, this game stays in my collection.

I'm convinced I'm not alone, so that's probably why it's getting rather expensive.

Also, it seems that GameStop, at least, have hired someone who seems to know something about demand and rarity of certain games. But I dunno, they're still charging $35+ for a used copy of L4D2, so...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got round to completing mine a few months ago, went to trade it in and even though it wasn't in the best of condition (comes with having a younger brother who just leaves disks lying all over the place :biglaugh) they still offered me £15 for it... went back into the store a few days later and they wanted nearly £20 for it! Since then the lowest i have seen is probably around £12ish.

Guess there just aren't many copies of it floating around.....

(shame really cause i quite enjoyed it...)

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I've been trying to play this game for maybe 6+ months, but the price has always been ridiculously high considering how old it is. For instance, it's $59.99 new on Amazon right now, or $20 for a used copy.

When I happened to notice it was only $3.75 on demand this week, I bought it almost immediately. That seems like a much more reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing it today after picking it up on sale for £2.99. Forgot just how much fun it was. Last played it 6 years ago, before I even knew much about achievements. Will go for the 1000g, but I'll more than likely enjoy the game first and foremost. One of the most fun games I've played. Throwing stink bombs and marbles at people is pure juvenile fun.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think so, I've only seen it once or twice in GAME, and naturally I decided to buy it (it was £10, I think, and it was in virtually perfect condition - came with the map/poster, manual which had barely been touched). Though I can kind of see why there aren't many copies as I enjoyed playing it so much, and is probably my favourite R* game.

When I happened to notice it was only $3.75 on demand this week, I bought it almost immediately. That seems like a much more reasonable price.

I also got it for the $3.74 deal. I was looking for a copy for months, found one in a local shop but they wanted $18. Always gotta check those weekly deals!

• 3 weeks later...