DLC finally coming?

ShadowStar83

Can anyone even get this game to work now?

I mean I played it last night & installed the update as I knew the DLC was coming out and it worked fine.

I've downloaded the DLC today and now I can't even play the game anymore.

New game, Load game, Continue Campaign.... nothing works. I even tried going to Scenario Selection and loading a level that way but that doesn't work either.

When I say it doesn't work, the screen goes black, I get that little spinning wingstick at the bottom of the screen and then my xbox completely freezes.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Working fine for me. Now if only I could find out where the entrance to the dlc is. It says it's in some cave but I'm back in Subway Town with nowhere to go.

Edit: Found it. It's on the first disc. You have to travel back to Wellspring. I changed the difficulty to the new one. Hopefully you can just beat the DLC on it and get the cheevo without having to play the whole game again.

Edited by VVh1pCr3am

For anyone who's having similar problems I had, I cleared my cache & manually removed the update from my hard drive.

Loaded the game back up, installed update and the game's running fine now.

Maybe the latest update has to be installed after the DLC. I don't know, seems weird, just letting you guys know what worked for me as I've been messing around with this for over an hour! lol

Working fine for me. Now if only I could find out where the entrance to the dlc is. It says it's in some cave but I'm back in Subway Town with nowhere to go.

Edit: Found it. It's on the first disc. You have to travel back to Wellspring. I changed the difficulty to the new one. Hopefully you can just beat the DLC on it and get the cheevo without having to play the whole game again.

Let us know if Ultra Nightmare works that way :p

Let us know if Ultra Nightmare works that way :p

It doesn't. Just beat the DLC and the achievement for Ultra Nightmare didn't pop. I have one last thing to try though. For some reason my game has the final mission as not completed even though I completed it months ago. I'm going to try and run through that mission as a last ditch effort before starting the game over.

Edit: Didn't work. Gonna have to play through the game again. :(

Edited by VVh1pCr3am

It doesn't. Just beat the DLC and the achievement for Ultra Nightmare didn't pop. I have one last thing to try though. For some reason my game has the final mission as not completed even though I completed it months ago. I'm going to try and run through that mission as a last ditch effort before starting the game over.

Aww man :/ well, atleast it's a great game... How is Ultra Nightmare in terms of difficulty?

Ugh. I don't mind a challenge, but I really have no desire to play through the game again.

Seems like you need to beat the game again. The worst part is just untill you can get pop rockets. ;)

The worst part is how I can't even play the game anymore. The fucking DLC and update broke it. My game freezes my Xbox now every single time I begin a new game. First cutscene plays of the meteor, then after that, FREEZE. Every single time.

The worst part is how I can't even play the game anymore. The fucking DLC and update broke it. My game freezes my Xbox now every single time I begin a new game. First cutscene plays of the meteor, then after that, FREEZE. Every single time.

You must be one of the unlucky few then, because i haven't had any issues yet.

You must be one of the unlucky few then, because i haven't had any issues yet.

You enjoy it then, because I can't even play at all. The game freezes when I choose New Game now. Poor show id, poor show.

They better patch this because I can't stand to have for one of my favorite games to be trashed by some glitched DLC or pre-patch and then not see it promptly fixed.

They haven't even acknowledged the issue and the forums at Bethesda are dead as a door knob. It's been HOURS since my last post there about it and nobody else has replied.

Wonderful to know the world doesn't care.

Just got the achievement. You don't need to do the DLC for the Ultra Nightmare difficulty achievement. Just the vanilla missions.

What would you advise for going through on UN? Found out the infinite money exploit with the flower has been... ugh.. patched. GRR. Used it on regular Nightmare to stock up on everything, now I can't. Thanks a lot id, you just lost serious respect points.

What would you advise for going through on UN? Found out the infinite money exploit with the flower has been... ugh.. patched. GRR. Used it on regular Nightmare to stock up on everything, now I can't. Thanks a lot id, you just lost serious respect points.

Save all the time. I saved before and after every encounter. It wasn't too much harder than nightmare but was still pretty challenging. Just play it smart and use cover a lot. I found the driving sections to be the hardest just due to speed-running the game and not upgrading the cars.

Save all the time. I saved before and after every encounter. It wasn't too much harder than nightmare but was still pretty challenging. Just play it smart and use cover a lot. I found the driving sections to be the hardest just due to speed-running the game and not upgrading the cars.

Yeah, the car sections are what i'm worried about the most.