Advice for your Path to Completion

Blue Radium

I recently finished Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 with a final play time of 78 hours and 8 minutes, which quite honestly isn't the most efficient completion time I could have had on this game. To help you the person reading this complete the game in a more efficient manner, here is the advice I have to impart:

Always be focused on friendships. Friendships are based solely on "deployments." You get 1 deployment towards the invisible friendship meter for playing as a character in a mission, having a character as your partner in the mission (you do not have to call them in for your friendship progress) and for having the character be an NPC ally during the mission. Play as Kamille, have Haman as your partner, Uso, Amuro, and Setsuna are your allies, for completing this mission, whether you win or lose it (quitting does not count) you receive 1 point of friendship progress for Kamille, Haman, Uso, Amuro, and Setsuna, equal progression for each. Back to my original point, abuse this throughout your gameplay. Keep random characters as your partners until they are at level 4 friendship, then let the random "I didn't expect you to be here but I'm progressing with you anyways because I need to play this mission for the sake of progression" encounters finish off their relationship mission unlock, and play as random characters until level 4 whenever possible. Playing as someone who is already at rank 5 friendship will result in more grinding end-game.

To unlock all 45 Collection Missions, you will need to piss around in mass production mobile suits and various other suits for roughly 75 missions, 60 or so of these being murder Domon/Master Asia/Katajina in their Relationship Missions or suicide into hard mode Knight Gundam for efficiency's sake. Utilize these missions for friendship. Saving them for last, conveniently sitting there with awkward unlock requirements, out of sight out of mind, will result in 75ish deployments that could have been suit+character deployment grinding.

To save you time:

Unicorn Gundam with Long Range + Hard Strike + Speedster for your main Gundam. Unicorn Gundam is only good for Destroy Mode (sp attack powered up mode) and Destroy Mode Unicorn Gundam is the best thing in the game for zone clearing, ace killing, and rushing the enemy bases. It also doesn't suck and killing giants in the rare occasions they appear.

For simplicity's sake, just apply that modification set to every Gundam when you go through upgrading them to rank 4 late game/upgrading them to not sucking status early game. Use Sniper instead of Hard Strike if the Gundam is especially shot focused. Long Range is good for sp building (more range means more hits on zone trash, faster sp buildup) and getting first hits on aces, and Speedster makes every mission go by much quicker.

Setsuna with Beginner's Aid + Ace Killer + Final Sacrifice (replace with Ace Pilot or similar not-useless skill for challenge missions)

I pick Setsuna because he has a high melee without having a weak shot or defense, and his vocal cues are some of the least annoying/whiny in the game in my opinion.

You unlock Beginner's Aid by completing the Tutorials, Final Sacrifice by getting Treize to friendship level 5.

The story on Beginner's Aid and Final Sacrifice; Beginner's Aid/Final Sacrifice makes any character at any level playable, and should be your go-to skills for cheesing your way through the game. Combine Beginner's Aid with Final Sacrifice, and you get a character who one shots Aces on easy with a good suit, can easily dispatch Aces even with suits below rank 4, can clear zones quickly in most any mobile suit, and can all-around get missions done quickly. Yes, you will be completely defenseless and unable to fix yourself, but with the combined boosts from those skills, you get all an extremely overpowered character regardless who ends the mission at 80%-99% health, even with enemy base rushing. I wouldn't recommend Final Sacrifice for challenge missions, but Beginner's Aid should be on every pilot always.

Do Memorial Missions as soon as they become available. Those missions are how you get rank 2/3/4 blueprints to unlock, among other nice things.

You unlock the Mushu Gundams in the Trial of the Giants and the Trials from the Past Challenge Missions, so that is where you find them.

You get the Mushu Gundam's special abilities by either getting to rank 1 online, or completing every mission in the game. The only way to get Knight Gundam's special ability is to complete every mission in the game.

Enemy base rushing, when you grab the important zones then rush into the enemy base while the turrets are still active, are something you should get good at. When a match starts, get the zones that are highlighted, boost to the enemy main camp, and clear it as fast as possible. With Beginner's Aid and Final Sacrifice up, the turrets will hardly scratch you on easy with a mid-high level Gundam. A Gundam that dash attacks well, like Unicorn and 00 Raiser, make rushing not a complete pain, as they can dodge the turrets as they attack.

For online play, the mission Ultimate Enemy will give you the most G. Nu Gundam is very good at killing Dark Gundam. If you play Ultimate Enemy with someone else using a good grade 4 Nu Gundam and a maxed pilot, the fight will take 30 seconds. Kill the tentacle extra heads until they all go away, both of you run up as close to the big head as possible and use your specials, the boss will go down every time. You should be rank 1 by the time you have 100 matches if you play Ultimate Enemy every time, not so if you kill Big Zam or the other bosses.

Have fun!

Edited by Blue Radium