Similar Games

PnutButrSkippy

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone know of any games that are similar to this? I really liked it and want to find a full game (not xbla) just like it. a few years back i played a great game called gladius on xbox that was exactly the same type and i loved it. so yea, if anyone knows of any please tell me, i need my fix!!!

Perhaps it would be more useful to tell us why you enjoyed it and what aspects of it you are looking for in another game? For instance, did you enjoy that it is kind of nature/garden oriented? Then go play Viva Pinata. Or perhaps you like the strategic type of game? Try Battlestations Midway.

See where my confusion lies? You want a different game that is exactly the same, which really doesn't tell us much. :p

well, like it says, a game like gladius and band of bugs. for those who havent played either, i'd have to say a turn based strategy rpg; damage being based on position of a character relative to the focus of attack (behind = more damage, multiple sides of character covered meaning more damage, terrain height advantages, etc); has different character types each having different statistics and are relagated to using only certain types of weapons (even tho band of bugs doesnt allow much weapon changing); not relagated to pressing a button to swing a sword (ala dynasty warriors) but rather pick a spot, pick an attack or support option, proceed with choices.

at the moment this is my best description. these games do exist as bladestrike, barakar, and i have pointed out (final fantasy tactics, vandal hearts, and gladius).

thanks go to bladestrike and barakar, i checked out both games and am def having fun with them.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

another reply to an old thread- i played a game for the 360 called "zoids assault" that in this genre- turn based, grid based, strategy rpg. it was harder than winter shit, but i really enjoyed it. it looked like a booster (7 cheevos for the 1000) but i ended up playing 4 successive playthroughs with my team before i got them all.

• 1 month later...

I know you mean video games- so forgive me. But if you really enjoyed Band of Bugs... you should really check out the board game "Heroscape". I'm pretty heavily into it. It's very much the same basic concept, two armies with distinct units with their own abilities, moving/attacking turn-by-turn on a board. Height advantage and that whole bit. Heroscape is, of course, a bit more in-depth- you actually roll for attack/defense, etc, and there's alot more units/strategies involved. Heroscape happens to be hexes instead of squares, but same basic concepts.

Anyhoo, I don't want to toot its horn too much- but it's a great game for anyone who truly enjoyed Band of Bugs. Official site http://www.heroscape.com or the much better fan site/forum http://www.heroscapers.com

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vandal Hearts on XBLA, not to mention the Vandal Hearts games on the PS1. And you can get both Shining Force games on the SEGA Genesis collection thingy for 360... which I might add is kinda lame because there's no achievements for any of the RPGs on the collection that I actually wanted to play. Record of Agarest War for the 360 is similar in theory, but every fight in that ends up pretty much the same as there's no specific terrain and you end up never wanting to move your characters so they get more action points or whatever for attacks.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...