Achievement Discussion Thread

Jappe XBA

Discuss the games achievements.

I'll start by asking how is Frozen Frog possible? Every ten me I shoot the Frog moves a quarter inch... It was easy on 360 since you shoot from A and move from the stick so you can just not touch the stick.

I want to know this aswell.... Everytime u shoot (even trying not to move) the frog will move a few mm to the right so is this even possible?

I sent PopCap a message about this. Maybe they didn't think it through before putting that achievement there...

Another thing that makes it harder is the fact that the frog is on the left side of the screen when the level starts. On the 360 version it was in the middle, giving you more chances to get hits.

Is easy game?

If you have played Zuma's Revenge on XBLA, you know what to expect. It was a bit weird to control the frog with my finger for the first time when I was used to the mouse on PC and controller on Xbox but it doesn't take long to learn the basics.

For easy 200GS: well we don't know about the Frozen Frog achievement yet, but the Challenge mode will be a bit of a grind and I don't know yet how hard the hardest levels are but this definitely is not easy/fast 200GS.

To talk more about the Frozen Frog achievement. TrueAchievements say that one person has the achievement. But the person is: Zebrasqual. He is the guy who had played Cut The Rope (W8) before it was even launched. Like months before that.

So I don't know if he has some kind of inside information or if he is a hacker (I don't think so) or what but at least I know that I'm going to ask him how he got it :p

• 3 weeks later...

Just achieved Frozen Frog tonight after quite a few attempts. I found it was easiest to start a new campaign (having beaten it) and get up to level 0-5 which is the first rails level. By touching to the left of the score bar at the top of the screen and being very, very deliberate in shots I was able to clear without getting any errant jumps.

The obnoxious part of the strategy is failing or succeeding with a bump means starting over and blasting through the first few levels again.

Just achieved Frozen Frog tonight after quite a few attempts. I found it was easiest to start a new campaign (having beaten it) and get up to level 0-5 which is the first rails level. By touching to the left of the score bar at the top of the screen and being very, very deliberate in shots I was able to clear without getting any errant jumps.

Thanks for this tip. After many, many, MANY! tries I was finally able to get it. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am having trouble with this Boss 5 - Cephalo Ka. The frog somehow is facing in the wrong direction as in the below picture. I certainly do not want to reinstall the game and start over. Anyone has seen this before?

*Update*: I reinstalled and it is working fine now

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/545/38od.png

Edited by tnk