Just plain wrong

So im working through on veteran and just want to say what absolute BS it is.

Grenades from everywhere, confined to small spaces with enemies close by in all directions (especially 'Burn em Out'). It is so tedious and boring. Die, die, die and die some more. Great. Just what I want :/

I like a challenge but this is makes no sense. I have died more times in the first six levels than I did doing all of the spec ops combined in Vet difficulty on MW2.

So Activision, why not leave the CofD games to Infinity Ward.

Edited by dave252

I'm sorry but here come's the flame!

You've been around this site for a bit, so you should know that a thread like this is useless & pointless! This has been discussed on mulitple occasions and doesn't need to brought up again!

Please use some common sense and search the forum next time! Everyone knows that WaW is hard on Vet and the grenade keep comnig.. You think all the time this game has been out know ones noticed this?! Jeez..

After completing COD: Grenades at War on Veteran, I went after Treyarch's previous masterpiece: COD3. I could tell you it was on par. Unevenly distributed checkpoints (many between cutscenes but very scarce between the BS moments) and no running available. As a result, I had 4 white hair grown yesterday when I beat it at last.

Apparently, Treyarch thought Infinityward gave you the ability to run so they wanted to add tonnes of grenades in COD5 to even that out. A bunch of psychos wanting to torture gamers...

Although this forum isn't for moaning, it doesn't hurt anyone's interest. He's not forcing you to read his post or wasting taxpayers' money. In reality, I felt good reading this. One more buddy to hate Treyarch which put us through this disaster (these, in my case).

It sure does feel good to have completed them but you just can't credit Treyarch. They are insane and evil. You are pleased with the result, not the process. They should have made both enjoyable.

Edited by Himuton

Nozza is right. I myself have posted a good 20 things on various threads about this. Veteran IS hard. So be prepared that Regular is equal to the average parts of MW2. Now, take your time, make good use a weapons, and use the damn smoke grenades! Same as any other COD except MW2. There are parts that are frustrating, but when I was playing through and actually getting to checkpoints only dieing once or twice, i had a hell of a lot of fun. If you want to play for fun, play on regular. :p I'm one of the few who enjoyed the veteran campaign. It's the only veteran campaign I've completed too.

Here is a tip for Burn Em' Out. You can kill your team mates by knifing them. At the start there is a guy holding a M1 Carbine, kill him and this gun can be used for half the level before you run out of ammo.

Now Himulton,

Apparently, Treyarch thought Infinityward gave you the ability to run so they wanted to add tonnes of grenades in COD5 to even that out. A bunch of psychos wanting to torture gamers...

Cod3 was the first game that you could run in. First COD that is. You could not in the first 2 cod's MADE BY INFINITY WARD. Cod3 is insanely harder than any other Cod game, granted. But MW and MW2 just aren't hard enough to take pride in completing. MW2 is the only call of duty most people have completed. You know why? Because it's extremely easy. I hate the infinitely respawning enemies and how it rains frags and dogs but it is also fun as you have to be careful and not charge, take 20 bullets on veteran, then go Rambo on them all.

I am not bagging on IW or Treyarch. I am just saying I enjoyed the challenge of a game. If you play on the hardest mode of a game and don't die at all, I just don't see how that is fun. Okay, maybe if you are the "Cod master" you won't die at all in WaW but that is not the point. Challenge is good and that is where Treyarch stands strong. But not having constant enemy spawning and grenades is where Infinity Ward stands strong. I think if Treyarch and get rid of the grenade spamming at least, keep the AI the same, they would be able to make the best Call of Duty to date.

There are of course the MW2/Infinity Ward fanboys that will like that game no matter what and say Infinity Ward is better. Or the people who think older weapons suck for whatever reason. But if you were to play at an honest standpoint, and look at the games, they both have their ups and downs. I hate how people say Treyarch's game suck. "Oh, the veteran is too hard". It's supposed to be hard!

I wish people wouldn't bag on Treyarch so much... Seems like way more people say Treyarch sucks than Infinity Ward. And I don't really know why. The veteran campaign is hard like it should. There are some flaws but hell, there are flaws in Infinity Ward's games too! I've probably already written too much people complaining about WaW/Cod3 being too hard usually leads to some MW2 jocks saying everything sucks about the game. When hell, I could say the same about any Infinity Ward game.

Edited by StayonTarget

Someone above mentioned bad checkpoints ... Call of Duty 2 (made by Infinity Ward) had worse checkpoints IMO. My personal favourite was when I ran inside a bunker that I had to blow up, set a charge, and it gave me the checkpoint then - as 3 enemies were charging inside.

Or on the mission where you need to take the truck to pick up the prisoners, it checkpoints BEFORE the scripted event so you need to watch it every ... single ... time ... you die ... ugh!

CoD games on Veteran are in general fairly cheap/challenging, but just keep trying and you'll get them. Patience is more important than anything else.

Overall I agree with the above post by StayOnTarget. Saying 'Treyarch sucks' cause Veteran is stupid sometimes is just childish.

It is called "veteran" for a reason, did you expect it to be easy? Infinity Ward dumbed down that difficulty in MW2, which I think they were wrong to do.

Yes but where does the skill come into this game?

You basically have to stay at the back of the pack the whole damn game picking off enemies because you spend all your time fleeing grenades. If you have people behind you they get in your way and you die 5x as much.

There was nothing easy about veteran spec ops in MW2. Campaign, yes.

At least the multiplayer is good. Small consolation though when nearly all the achievements are for single player.

I have to agree with some previous posts. COD3 was a lot worse on veteran. The uneven checkpoints and then checkpoints that required long and tough battles to reach. More than once I pitched the controller into the couch in disgust and left the game alone for a few days. COD5 is more refined in the sense that you could draw enemies out and then fall back a bit to ambush them. Sometimes you had to run up to trigger your team to move up. All just part of the fun.

Seriously, I have better things to do with my life than play this awful game.

No matter how quickly I kill enemies, no matter how accurate I am, I always end up die, die, dying thanks to these grenades.

I don't care what anyone says, that makes this a bad game. Make it a test of how quickly and accurately you can take enemies down

but for crying out loud don't make it into retarded grenade dodging contest.

To get this game done with in a somewhat decent time you can have a terrible aim, but manage to dodge those grenades you will be set.

Im glad I played this before the Black Ops came out. Needless to say, I shall not be buying that one now.

Edited by dave252

I like a challenge but this is makes no sense. I have died more times in the first six levels than I did doing all of the spec ops combined in Vet difficulty on MW2.

So Activision, why not leave the CofD games to Infinity Ward.

Are you serious? MW2 is the worst out of all the Call of Duty series. The campaign was ok, but was super easy.

WaW had some problems, but it's a lot better than MW2 imo.

Yea the second to last level destroyed me in this game with those grenades. I was screaming at my TV for a checkpoint. As for CoD3 that is the only game I haven't completed on veteran. I quit on level 9 or something like that. And MW2 was a joke on veteran. Took less than 7 hours to finish while CoD4 took 7 hours to finish 3-4 levels. I still enjoyed it though.

After completing COD: Grenades at War on Veteran, I went after Treyarch's previous masterpiece: COD3. I could tell you it was on par. Unevenly distributed checkpoints (many between cutscenes but very scarce between the BS moments) and no running available. As a result, I had 4 white hair grown yesterday when I beat it at last.

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read. It may have to become my new signature.

I thought 2 & 4 were spot on for veteran difficulty with MW2 too easy for the most of the time. I remember all the threads on COD2 about how insanely difficult that was but I got through that without any major headache so it'll be interesting to see just how tough this one is when I start it this week as a lot of threads on this site over exaggerate how tough games actually are when the player has only really tried to beat the mission 2-3 times without trying out different tactics.

This topic is well old, but I suppose if the guy is just coming round to play it...

It's absolutely not a shit game, and if you persevere you'll get the achievement, and probably feel entirely different about the game once you get it. I'm sure there are strategy guides on the forum if you do a search. For me it was trying different things, finding something that works, and moving forward a little further (repeat, repeat, repeat).

The grenades are a bit cheap, but it doesn't make the game shit. It really doesn't. I'm quite glad not everyone can get beat Vet. Makes me feel better knowing that I can

I like the fact when people say they can't do veteran, then there must be something wrong with the game.

Here are some things most commonly said:

"Unlimited grenades spammed at me"

"Infinite spawning enemies"

"They always shot at me and not my team mates"

Sure those things exist, but remember it is meant to be the hardest difficulty. This means it is not supposed to be realistic nor easy, it is meant to be an accomplishment to get through some of is thrown at you.

People blabbering on about saying its just luck and no skill obviously have no idea. I remember the time the rocket wouldn't destroy the 2nd flak88 in the HoTR level and I needed to use C4, surely THAT takes skill to drop infinite numbers of enemies with 100% accuracy while having the time to plant a C4 charge and getting out of dodge after? No?

Playing the MW2 veteran was pathetic, it felt really dumbed down and almost being a routine instead of an accomplishment to finish the level. Some of the Special Ops were decent though.