Guest Chibiuk
Why not 9rder it from the MS store then Chibi?

I will trade my One in towards it at Game and get better trade prices as they know me from working events etc and I have a fair amount saved on store cards. I don't mind waiting longer, as the console doesn't DO anything of course but I will benefit greatly from trading in there

Edited by Chibiuk

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just games. I hate deleting save games just in case I want to play it again, and then there's DLC and title updates that are all in the double digit GB range. And bearing in mind the One is still fairly early in it's lifetime, there is still going to be a lot of games coming out. It all adds up.

Dude.. Never delete your saves!

I'll probably end up getting the 500 gig S model. I already have a 3tb external HDD, so I don't really need to pay more for internal storage. After seeing it more, I really like how sleek it looks. I think white consoles look so much better than black ones. Plus it now looks like a DVR machine now, rather than a VRC. :p

Depends on the game. My Skyrim saves took up a TON of space because I had hundreds and they get pretty big at the end of the game.

Damn saw this and thought I'd check my Fallout 4 saves, almost 700mb. Also checked Witcher 3 to find it has no save data, that shit better be in the cloud and synch up or I'm gonna be pissed:mad:

Also to those who said Scorpio was just a conspiracy and no upgraded xbox was in the works

I told you so....

Calm down Michael Pachter. You read a couple things and came to a conclusion that was handed to you. Clearly you're a visionary.

Still people are expecting great things from Scorpio and I think the overall word to use on this consoles announce is confusion. I think many will be let down. MS have the upper hand as from my understanding Neo upscales, and Scorpio is Native (although I expect Sony to backpedal now and go native for their new releases and surely VR will be native anyways?). but many consumers wont even know what that means. Not that either makes much of a difference from HD.
Strictly for the bolded part but I left it in some context as this post was a few pages and days back.

4K can't do shit for their already 1080p headset displays. It comes out in October so I doubt that's something that will change unless just like incremental console updates we'll see incremental peripheral updates. So you buy a $400 vanilla PS4 then 2-3 years later you buy another $400 PS4K and then buy $400 1080p goggles just to have to buy another $400 4K pair of goggles a couple years later. I have to point out the absurdity of this because people are somehow fine with incremental hardware so I assume that they would be fine with that bullshit.

I'm trying to decide between getting an elite bundle now, waiting for a slim, or waiting even longer for a scorpio. My bf doesn't want me to wait for scorpio because he's already been waiting 2+ years for me to upgrade so we can co-op on the XB1.

Elite - Comes with the elite controller which I actually really do want. Has hybrid 1TB. Bf already got me an external USB hub with room for additional "internal" HD.

Slim - Smaller. Theoretically better internal components. Video quality should be better at the very least. NOT hybrid. Can be up to 2TB. nifty USB hub/memory thing won't fit.

What do you guys think?

I was so busy being mad I forgot to post his:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/kinect-adapter

So unless you want to spring for cash to buy a adapter at the X1S launch you'll have to wait for them to mail you one. You also better write down your original consoles serial ID before trading it in.

lol you need all 3 devices serial number to be able to get the free adapter?

This adapter will be available for free to customers who have an existing Xbox One console, an Xbox One Kinect and an Xbox One S console. Check back on this page when you have your Xbox One S console to order your free adapter. You will need the serial number for all three devices to get the free Xbox Kinect Adapter.

better write that shit down before you trade it in. seriously tho this sounds stupid to me. i mean i dont use kinect personally but why wouldnt they just make a normal plug in for the kinect?

Calm down Michael Pachter. You read a couple things and came to a conclusion that was handed to you. Clearly you're a visionary.

Uhm....read the opening, read the following posts and how people basically said it was BS the ensuing argument about how feasible it was. Why exactly should I not say "I told you so?"

I'm trying to decide between getting an elite bundle now, waiting for a slim, or waiting even longer for a scorpio. My bf doesn't want me to wait for scorpio because he's already been waiting 2+ years for me to upgrade so we can co-op on the XB1.

Elite - Comes with the elite controller which I actually really do want. Has hybrid 1TB. Bf already got me an external USB hub with room for additional "internal" HD.

Slim - Smaller. Theoretically better internal components. Video quality should be better at the very least. NOT hybrid. Can be up to 2TB. nifty USB hub/memory thing won't fit.

What do you guys think?

Scorpio....always go for more power

Scorpio is like 18 months away. They want a new console nowish.

^^ this

I saw a great deal for the Elite Bundle on the microsoft store online but it was already sold out. And while I was waiting to be able to contact one of the local-ish stores to see if they had any in stock, the deal I found first with gamestop is gone now. :(

There's another deal on gamestop that's not bad. But it's not as good as the other ones.

Scorpio is like 18 months away. They want a new console nowish.

Eh....I am gonna wait, save up, and buy the Scorpio and like 4 games and just binge. Then again besides Mass Effect, Halo Wars and Gears 4 there is really nothing I desperately want to play between now and then.

And on top of that Scorpio may not be as cheap as we think. I would much rather get a new console now if I were in the market and wait a year or so for a sale on the Scorpio.

Mark my words. 399$ or 449$. MS has learned from 2013 that must closely match Sony's price or fall behind.