Are there ANY clean racers left out there?!?!?!

NSN Silvia S15

Really starting to get f**ked off with these idiots now! I always try and race cleanly and avoid contact where ever possible. If i mess up, I apologise/give back the position. I can pretty much win 90% of the races where the cars are ghosted, but as soon as I play a Rallycross race or anything with trucks or buggies, I soon find im in a lobby full of idiots who still have yet to find out what the left trigger actually does! Far too many idiots repeatedly sideswipe you too. Seems there is no etiqette left in racers these days. :/

I've been playing the DiRT games since '08, and realized a long time ago that DiRT is just another word for "Bumper Cars." If you don't commit to a "if you can't beat'em join'em" attitude real quick, you're just gonna end up having to buy new controllers and fixing holes in your wall.

Just another reason that I avoid multiplayer altogether unless it's absolutely achievement mandated. Like Maka, I just stick with the non-contact Point to Point races whenever possible. Unfortunately, that won't be an option for the Shibuya DLC (if you believe the rumors, it looks like one of the 'chievers is gonna be for winning a Rally-X multiplayer race.)

Bumper cars, here we come. :boxer

Jam Session, not Pro Tour.

Whether you're going to have to do it in Jam or Pro doesn't matter--either way, the point is that it's still going to suck (hard) because you're still talking about a bunch of guys who are gonna be specializing in bouncing each other off of the guardrails the whole race trying to get to the front.

Everyone rams in this game because they either think thats what Rallycross is about, or they cant win properly. I also think the average Dirt 3 player isnt a diehard racing fan so thats why you may see more dirty driving in here, tahn for example Forza. My win ratio for Rallycross is around 70-75% now, but if cars are ghosted Im pretty much guaranteed to win, as I have a lot of top 20 times and I have beaten top 5 drivers in ghosted races a few times.

Whether you're going to have to do it in Jam or Pro doesn't matter--either way, the point is that it's still going to suck (hard) because you're still talking about a bunch of guys who are gonna be specializing in bouncing each other off of the guardrails the whole race trying to get to the front.

That's why you play it with a friend, so you don't have to hassle with it. Duh.

That's why you play it with a friend, so you don't have to hassle with it. Duh.

Duh, yourself. If any of my friends were into Dirt instead of sticking to their sports games or FPS', that would be a great idea. Until then myself, and thousands of other players, will just have to deal with the dicks for a few races.

Small thing in the grand scheme of life. :drunk

Duh, yourself. If any of my friends were into Dirt instead of sticking to their sports games or FPS', that would be a great idea. Until then myself, and thousands of other players, will just have to deal with the dicks for a few races.

Small thing in the grand scheme of life. :drunk

You do realize that the achievement trading threads are for you to find people to boost with, right? That's what I was referring to, dude.

You do realize that the achievement trading threads are for you to find people to boost with, right? That's what I was referring to, dude.

... which I avoid like the plague, bro. I learned that the hard way--the limited attempts I have made looking for strangers while hunting for achievements have resulted in hooking up with just too many mental 8 year olds. Not worth it at all. Nope, I prefer to keep my Friends List limited to actual friends who enjoy getting together for a few hours of fun. If that makes me the online equivalent of the grumpy old man who yells at the neighbor kids to keep of his lawn :rant: I can live with that.

Like I said before--ain't nuthin but a small thing. All I ended up doing was host my own Jam Session using the 4 Shibuya tracks and waited 5-10 min for someone to join. So, in the 1st race when he spins me out--no biggie, accidents happen. But when he does it again on the 2nd race, it doesn't take a genius to know what kind of player I'm dealing with. The 3rd race, I just return the favor and put him into a wall. Win. Achievement unlocked. 1250g. On to the next one.

Edited by Bullseye281

... which I avoid like the plague, bro. I learned that the hard way--the limited attempts I have made looking for strangers while hunting for achievements have resulted in hooking up with just too many mental 8 year olds. Not worth it at all. Nope, I prefer to keep my Friends List limited to actual friends who enjoy getting together for a few hours of fun. If that makes me the online equivalent of the grumpy old man who yells at the neighbor kids to keep of his lawn :rant: I can live with that.

Like I said before--ain't nuthin but a small thing. All I ended up doing was host my own Jam Session using the 4 Shibuya tracks and waited 5-10 min for someone to join. So, in the 1st race when he spins me out--no biggie, accidents happen. But when he does it again on the 2nd race, it doesn't take a genius to know what kind of player I'm dealing with. The 3rd race, I just return the favor and put him into a wall. Win. Achievement unlocked. 1250g. On to the next one.

Well, hey. I'm not gonna tell you what to do, but this site usually isn't inhabited by dumbass eight year olds. Not in my experience, at least.