Corrupt saves. Careful!

UltimateBane32

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never update a game when you are connected to your profile, I got the same thing, long ago, with Gears of War 3.

Specially with the games that save statistics.

When an update is offered, especially with a game that got a lot of save problems like Hitman Absolution, refuse it, quit the game, backup your save, disconnect from your profile and update the game with the guest account (or another one).

Yep, I could fiberwire myself. Almost completely done with mission 6 and the cut scene froze and lost all data except 47% unlocks. I'm kicking my ass for not saving it in 2 places. I will start from scratch offline and duplicate a save every night or after every mission complete. The only other time this has happened was Dead Island.:mad:

I too had this happen to me today. Only a couple of levels from getting cheevs for hard, evidence and 100 challenges, froze after restarting a checkpoint and after restarting it told me it was corrupted.

People saying to backup their saves but tbh this kind of s--- shouldn't be happening.

Suicidal doesn't even come close...

• 2 weeks later...
Happened to me a while back when I was on the last area of mission 14 where you have to kill the Saints. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this from happening again or are we all just screwed?

Squeenix and Gearbox, in particular, seem to have a problem with reliable save systems.

The only real remedy is to have a back-up save file on a flash drive that isn't connected to your XBOX. :/

• 4 weeks later...
Happend to me 5 mins. ago after assasinating dr. Green.

Returning this game to lovefilm. I'm not going to start over on hard. Maybe in 6 months time?

Snap! Fucking seriously pissed the fuck off, 85 challenges, hard done all the way through (so far), so now im doing a speed run, murdering people left right and centre. It makes it much more fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

happend to me to - i have no proplem with a little bug here and there -if it is in a game like skyrim where something glitches trough a wall etc. but corruptet savegames ?! come on man ! - this should not happen with a game like this ! wtf man ? seriously !

I felt that I had got a real bargain when MS offered this for 9.99 during their blowout sale 2 weeks ago. I understand that that games will have glitches from time to time, but like this???????????????????? They cannot be selling a game that is SOOOOOOOOOO broken that it deletes ALL of your save data!!! Fix it or give it out @ N/C until it is playable. WTF????????????? ugh

Again! :mad: Didn't freeze last night just knocked it off, started it up all lost.

I can't backup onto cloud as no Internet I'm in a hotel.

Im done with this shit game and anything by this developer now, I need to play a new game, what a waste of £25!

This game has replay value for the challenges.and different kill methods, yeah right can't finish the game to do a second run!!

Edited by cjdavies

I felt that I had got a real bargain when MS offered this for 9.99 during their blowout sale 2 weeks ago. I understand that that games will have glitches from time to time, but like this???????????????????? They cannot be selling a game that is SOOOOOOOOOO broken that it deletes ALL of your save data!!! Fix it or give it out @ N/C until it is playable. WTF????????????? ugh

Yep, same here. I'm thinking I got such a great price...but then this crap happens. The first corrupt save happened I think around mission 2 (the game froze, when I went to play again, told me it was corrupt). At the time, it was no big deal since I was so early in. But now I'm over (or was...) halfway, and have been inching my way playing through on Hard. Then it happens: another freeze. I'd already forgotten about the first time. I simply can NOT believe this crap. I'm deleting off my harddrive...what a freaking pile.