Blue Gem in SH2 won't show.

Yeah. As the title says. :/

I've beaten both the main game and the Maria scenario. I've tried loading just the Maria scenario results screen, then the new game plus. And I've tried loading the main game results screen, then the Maria scenario results screen, and then started a new game plus. The blue gem just won't show up.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch?

Yeah. As the title says. :/

I've beaten both the main game and the Maria scenario. I've tried loading just the Maria scenario results screen, then the new game plus. And I've tried loading the main game results screen, then the Maria scenario results screen, and then started a new game plus. The blue gem just won't show up.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch?

You have both the main game and Born from a Wish on the same save? Also, are you sure you're looking in the right area?

You have both the main game and Born from a Wish on the same save? Also, are you sure you're looking in the right area?

Same save.. as in I have to save over the main game with Born from a Wish?

I thought that was a no no and as long as I loaded both of those results screens before starting a new game, it would be fine.

And I'm positive I'm looking in the right place. Should be on the floor in front of the first stall in the beginning, right? I also ran all over that little area pressing the action button constantly in case (for some reason) I couldn't see it. Lol.

Edited by AWolfAtTheDoor

I thought that was a no no and as long as I loaded both of those results screens before starting a new game, it would be fine.

And I'm positive I'm looking in the right place. Should be on the floor in front of the first stall in the beginning, right? I also ran all over that little area pressing the action button constantly in case (for some reason) I couldn't see it. Lol.

If I remember correctly, you should be fine. If you want me to, when I get a chance I can go back to my PS2 to see if it works. I'm almost positive that you can do it. I haven't played the game since I lost a lot of progress in my 10 Star Ranking.

What does your results screen say for Born from a Wish? It should say something like 1(+1) with the number in the parenthesis indicating you finished Born from a Wish and the number outside the parenthesis saying you finished a normal run of the game.

--

My wording was so bad in my guide, sorry:( The reason I said to make sure the results screen was shown is because you have to make sure everything is on the same save file. I'll give an example of something that wouldn't work.

Say you played through the game and stopped at a certain point and decided to start a new save for whatever reason. On this new save, you beat the game, seeing the results screen. You proceed to load up the older save and beat the game. At the end of that game, you would still see the "Number of Playthroughs: 1" because the "new game" you started wasn't part of the original save file.

That being said, I'm not sure how you could have spliced your save files unless you did make a new save because the game should auto-load your most recent save data.

What does your results screen say for Born from a Wish? It should say something like 1(+1) with the number in the parenthesis indicating you finished Born from a Wish and the number outside the parenthesis saying you finished a normal run of the game.

--

My wording was so bad in my guide, sorry:( The reason I said to make sure the results screen was shown is because you have to make sure everything is on the same save file. I'll give an example of something that wouldn't work.

Say you played through the game and stopped at a certain point and decided to start a new save for whatever reason. On this new save, you beat the game, seeing the results screen. You proceed to load up the older save and beat the game. At the end of that game, you would still see the "Number of Playthroughs: 1" because the "new game" you started wasn't part of the original save file.

That being said, I'm not sure how you could have spliced your save files unless you did make a new save because the game should auto-load your most recent save data.

I'm not seeing anything like that. Where would that be? All I'm seeing are the usual action level, saves, total time, etc. Also, I don't think I've ever done what you described. I have saved in a seperate slot before instead of overwriting what was already there. But I didn't load a different one and beat it only to load up the old save and try beating it again. Or maybe by doing what I did with not overwriting the file and saving in a different slot is considered splicing? I'm feeling a bit dumb now. Lol.

If I remember correctly, you should be fine. If you want me to, when I get a chance I can go back to my PS2 to see if it works. I'm almost positive that you can do it. I haven't played the game since I lost a lot of progress in my 10 Star Ranking.

Sure. I have read elsewhere that doing that might mess something up, so I didn't even try.