Glitched/Modded Weapons

Semp Pi

I took a few days off from this game to enjoy Battlefield and Skyrim, only to come back and find modded weapons on pretty much every apprentice I've run across.

I'm not interested in using one, but has anyone else run across these? It's pretty game breaking when an apprentice can chain lightning an entire map for 200k. These weapons (I've seen a few different skins) sell for over 2 billion mana, and also have +127 to all skills, aside from silly damage numbers.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before everyone has these. I've found that I'm being asked to have one to prevent being kicked from games, as if kicking isn't already a problem in public games.

I took a few days off from this game to enjoy Battlefield and Skyrim, only to come back and find modded weapons on pretty much every apprentice I've run across.

I'm not interested in using one, but has anyone else run across these? It's pretty game breaking when an apprentice can chain lightning an entire map for 200k. These weapons (I've seen a few different skins) sell for over 2 billion mana, and also have +127 to all skills, aside from silly damage numbers.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before everyone has these. I've found that I'm being asked to have one to prevent being kicked from games, as if kicking isn't already a problem in public games.

I've seen plenty of modded apprentice staffs and other weapons and pets too. People are able to mana bomb the whole field in assualt to farm blasticus's easily. People are able to one punch a boss as well. A random guy told me and my friend that people are getting banned on Monday with modded weapons. I have no idea if that is true or not.

I've seen plenty of modded apprentice staffs and other weapons and pets too. People are able to mana bomb the whole field in assualt to farm blasticus's easily. People are able to one punch a boss as well. A random guy told me and my friend that people are getting banned on Monday with modded weapons. I have no idea if that is true or not.

That's a lie. I doubt anything is happening like that. It's more than likely a first wave of bans, if anything at all. Since it's through Microsoft, I highly doubt bans will be handed out swiftly in any event.

That's a lie. I doubt anything is happening like that. It's more than likely a first wave of bans, if anything at all. Since it's through Microsoft, I highly doubt bans will be handed out swiftly in any event.

Thank you for the reply. I think mods pretty much ruin the game, since they make the game a bit too easy to play. Where is the challenge if you can just one punch everything? It is funny though to punch a small orc and see it flying into the distance and smacking into a building.

No hes not it's pretty true i watched someone 2 hit the final boss on insane with 4 people. There is a modded set out there that gives max to all stats including like 600katk and then +127 into every stat on every piece of equipment the guy wore. These are also very common to see online i used to see that set in almost every other online match i played, People are just modding and putting up hex edited gamer saves to try and ruin the game. Although for an achievement hunter these weapon would probably let you finish the game in about 3 hours lol.

No hes not it's pretty true i watched someone 2 hit the final boss on insane with 4 people. There is a modded set out there that gives max to all stats including like 600katk and then +127 into every stat on every piece of equipment the guy wore. These are also very common to see online i used to see that set in almost every other online match i played, People are just modding and putting up hex edited gamer saves to try and ruin the game. Although for an achievement hunter these weapon would probably let you finish the game in about 3 hours lol.

Context clues bro. I'm not saying modding doesn't exist or doesn't ruin the game. I'm saying the info he was provided about bans as of Mondays was false. Please learn to read. -_-

I highly dount anyone would get banned because they are only changing numbers to a higher equivalent, it would be impossible to detect without a new patch.

I hadn't seen any modders on this game until the day i completed it, then all of a sudden it was every few lobbies. What a great way to celebrate a great achievement, seeing everyone else able to 1 hit everything that i tried so hard and patiently for. :drunk

While it is true that modded weapons can ruin the game, in some instances they are necessary. There's just times when you can't beat a level with other people because they are retards or sell off all your defenses, or alone because the challenge requires teamwork (i.e. Chicken, Wizardry). I do however agree with the fact that it ruins the game if you constantly use them. One shotting everything doesn't exactly add fun to the game.

While it is true that modded weapons can ruin the game, in some instances they are necessary. There's just times when you can't beat a level with other people because they are retards or sell off all your defenses, or alone because the challenge requires teamwork (i.e. Chicken, Wizardry). I do however agree with the fact that it ruins the game if you constantly use them. One shotting everything doesn't exactly add fun to the game.

You can complete the game without mods so how do you figure that they are necessary?

Stop being lazy, improve your character and strategy.

I mean necessary as in I don't want to spend 15 hours trying to do one challenge on XBL and having retards join because it's impossible to solo. I have a full set of non-modded Godly-Pristines with a near perfect Blasticus. I don't need mods, but they do help from time to time. Stop saying somebody needs to improve just because they occasionally use mods. In a few months, modded items will be a regular occurrence in Dungeon Defenders just like they were in Borderlands.

You know if you can't pass a challenge then obviously your stats or strategy were'nt upto the task.

There is not an instant in this game were you "need" a mod, yes they would be useful but so would improving your stats by playing the game.

Once i had the right amound of stats and had made a few friends it just becomes routine completing challenges on the first try, theres no skill involved.

Once i had the right amound of stats and had made a few friends it just becomes routine completing challenges on the first try, theres no skill involved.

See that's a problem for a few players like myself. While I have friends that play it with me, its the case that either they're not on to do stages I need, more concerned with BF3, and/or they're too stubborn to adapt their characters to what is needed. I havn't been able to clear Caverns on Insane yet because I can't be in both places at once when the double Ogres spawn in wave 9.

Try doing it solo, all the campaign missions are easier playing solo.

Use a tower spec squire combined with a DPS huntress. There is enough time on Glitterhelm to put the basics down for the first wave. From memory there is only 72 mobs on the first wave, if you're running low on time then leave one doorway without towers but be there when the wave starts. Kill the mobs you see then plant more towers, you should have everything in place by the end of wave 2. Then switch to DPS huntress move were you need to. The ogres are alot weaker playing solo.

If you can't do it, you're placements are not in good positions or your stats are to low.

If you're towers are above 150 for health and attack you should be fine.

I'm not calling you terrible, but if you can't do this game solo or with one other person, it's not the game who is at fault, it's your capability. Me and my friend have practically done everything two man. I found out some info on the glitched Catch em all today and finally got my LD and 200/200 GS all legit. My chicken is pretty legit too. 43 upgrades!

Eh, I can finish every mission on insane with a friend too, but you need 4 for the achievement... Btb I meant the only place they were even remotely useful was challenges. Wizardry was HELL.

I like how you keep trying to make reasons why modding is valid practice and needed in this game. Wizardry is probably one of the easier challenges. All you need is Huntresses with Crystal Trackers and GG. I fail to see how modded weapons help improve your ownage of a group of mobs where only two are killable at any one time. Are you suggesting that you need OP defenses to hold them back while checking?

Either way I've come to the conclusion you are bad at this game, and just too lazy to actually try. If only you could mod life.

Do you seriously go around Dungeon Defenders forums saying everybody on God's (or Allah or whoever) green earth is so bad? Jesus christ man, I say one thing about them being valid sometimes and you hold it to my throat like a damn knife. Thanks for pointing out the obvious strategy on Wizardry, AFTER I already learned how to complete it. It wasn't so much hell doing it after we learned what was up, but learning how to do it. If it makes you feel any better, I don't even own any modded items, so whatever bro. Whatever inflates your ego.

• 2 weeks later...

The modding is getting a bit worse now. Saw someone with a giant dragon flamethrower that took up around 25% of the tavern. The mouth of it was so big that I could actually jump in it. I also saw someone with a level 100 bird pet. It was so big that the characters in-game could of climbed on it's back and fly away. Things are getting a bit out of hand. :eek: