Madden Moment Guide

Tonic24k

***If you are proficient with Madden and familiar with American Football just refer to the summation at the end of the guide.***

It will still be somewhat time consuming, but the method I found to work the easiest is this:

When on offense navigate the playbook as indicated below.

By Play Type>

Shotgun Pass>

(Press :dup: once and then :ybut:) Four Verticals

Use this same play EVERY down!

You're going to want to drop back and pass to your :abut: option as soon as he cuts. (Hold :abut: for a bullet pass instead of tapping it for a lob pass). Once you get the timing right this play is unstoppable. Ninety percent of the time it works every time. On the rare occasion a MLB (Middle Linebacker for the American Football illiterate) will post up and not move, sometimes resulting in a pass deflection. Every team throughout this mode used the same playbook. I will admit that I'm not sure if it's simply using the playbook of your favorite team or not. (Mine is the Atlanta Falcons). If for you it is different, just go through the Shotgun Pass plays and find "Four Verticals".

Note: After using this play one time, just go to the main menu of your playbook and toward the bottom of the list is "Recent Plays". Use this and it goes straight to that route after every play. I actually found less time runs off the clock doing this as opposed to when you use the hurry up, no huddle offense. If you prefer to use the hurry up/no huddle just hold :ybut: down as soon as the play is over.

If you're at the goal line you're going to use your :ybut: option. Again, holding it down for a quick pass. The timing here is a little more crucial as it's much faster that you need to get the ball off. Your reciever will go about 5 yards, fake the DB (Defensive Back) with a zig zag, and cut hard left. The added challenge here is there is very short space and you have to make sure there is a hole in the line (where the offensive and defensive lines dance) to throw through. If not, sometimes the ball will just get passed into the back of your OL's head. If this isn't working out for you just use a quick hand off play and cut around the line since the defense is expecting you to come up the middle. These also work quite well for 2-pt conversions.

For scenarios you're playing as the defense just use blitz packages, such as the Nano Blitz in the Nickel Formation, since you will be primarily stopping a run play. Adrian Peterson was the only RB (Running Back) that gave me a hard time. Soooo, I backed out (don't forget to save your progress!) and loaded up the Vikings' roster and edited his key attributes to 12.

For scenarios you absolutely must recover an onside kick do this:

Obviosly you want to choose "Onside Kick" instead of a regualr kickoff. Initiate the power bar and let the indicator bounce off the right side and hit :abut: quickly at the 25% mark as it comes back. This will not work everytime but seems to produce the highest probabliity.

***Summation***

Offense

- Use "Four Verticals" every play and pass to your :abut: option as soon as he cuts.

- Near the goal line and for 2-pt conversions use the same play but pass quickly to your :ybut: option after he cuts hard left.

- Alternatively, pick a quick handoff and run around the line.

- Take advantage of the "Recent Plays" option of the playbook to make things quicker.

Defense

- Use blitz packages to stop the run. Nano Blitz is quite effective.

- If a RB is giving you a hard time, save your progress, back out, load up the respective roster and negate their stats.

Special Teams

- Use the :rs: to perform a massive hit on the returner. This will occasionally cause a fumble.

- For an onside kick recovery, let the indicator on the power gauge bounce off the right side and then stop it at the 25% mark. Not gaurenteed but works most of the time.

***Conclusion***

This guide was to accomodate those who aren't savvy with Madden and/or not familiar with American Football. This guide was developed stricly off of my own experience. I flew through this mode rapidly using this cheap and easy method. I truly hope this will help you all do the same. If anyone has anything else constructive to add, by all means, feel free to do so.

• 1 month later...

Sorry too say man no. After you get the hang of constantly doing it it goes by quick as you'll no exactly what to bring down on their stats and stuff. Don't do all the stats just the main ones like throwing, accuracy, trucking, stuff like that. Don't waste your time with kicking and stuff like that especially if it's a running back or a quarterback. lol that would be totally pointless.

Sorry too say man no. After you get the hang of constantly doing it it goes by quick as you'll no exactly what to bring down on their stats and stuff. Don't do all the stats just the main ones like throwing, accuracy, trucking, stuff like that. Don't waste your time with kicking and stuff like that especially if it's a running back or a quarterback. lol that would be totally pointless.

yeah, u are right, i only modify the QB and RB for the opposing team and have no problem shutting them down. only takes a minute or two.

• 3 weeks later...

i found this

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-guides/37261-madden-nfl-11-trophy-guide.html

worked pretty good for some of the ones where editing the qb didnt help much like 95% of them the editing qb and hb of both teams worked great but 1 or 2 it didnt and i used that guide

Quick question, do I actually have to pay to play Madden Moments? I have so many moments that are locked and I do not know how to get coins to buy them without using Microsoft points. Is there another way to unlock Madden Moments?

The Madden Moments for the achievements are under the game mode tab, not the madden moments live.