Deal of the Week thread-Improved 360 edition!

Dustinator

here's the list of all items on sale this week. Don't forget to grab the free Dinsey Fantasia avatar broom at the bottom!!!

That broom is pretty darn rockin I must say! Now I wonder.. if I chop it up - does it multiply too?

May 21 - May 27 "D3 Publisher sale"

Arcade

Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury - 400 msp (50% off)

Jeremy McGrath - 400 msp (50% off)

Karateka - 400 msp (50% off)

Mad Tracks - 400 msp (50% off)

Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond - 400 msp (50% off)

Pid - 400 msp (50% off)

Puzzle Quest 2 - 400 msp (50% off)

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - 400 msp (50% off)

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - 600 msp (50% off)

Rocketbowl - 200 msp (50% off)

Texas Cheat'em - 400 msp (50% off)

Are there ANY of these that you guys would say are 'must buys'??

May 21 - May 27 "Disney sale" *Open to Silver Members

DLC Add-Ons

Split/Second: Deadline Pack - 160 MSP (60% off)

Split/Second: Survival at the Rock Pack - 240 MSP (50% off)

Tron Evolution Multiplayer Map Pack - 240 MSP (40% off)

I'm curious about the Split/Second maps - are they any good and worth getting at those prices? I liked the game but I do suck at it a fair bit: the difficulty spike after about episode 4 ramps up quite a lot and even when winning the whole way the buggers always manage to catch up and pip me at or near the line and take 1st away.... soooo many 2nds grrr... Any achievements with them? I'm betting noone plays Tron online anymore so those maps are likely useless...???

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcade

Pid - 400 msp (50% off)

Are there ANY of these that you guys would say are 'must buys'??

I'm curious about the Split/Second maps - are they any good and worth getting at those prices? I liked the game but I do suck at it a fair bit: the difficulty spike after about episode 4 ramps up quite a lot and even when winning the whole way the buggers always manage to catch up and pip me at or near the line and take 1st away.... soooo many 2nds grrr... Any achievements with them? I'm betting noone plays Tron online anymore so those maps are likely useless...???

I demo'ed Rocketbowl, Matt Hazard and McGrath last night. Even for 200 msp, Rocketbowl was too boring. Hazard didn't grab me really, but McGrath's Offroad was suprisingly fun. It reminded me of a Baja 1000 game I played on the SNES. So I purchased that one right away. Not sure of any of the others.

Split/Second dlc does not contain any achievements. If dlc contains any achievement points, I'll make a notation next to it to indicate how points are added :)

;5791011']The first Puzzle Quest is very good and a bargain at 400MSP.

I'm just not sure about this one - I've never really been a fan of puzzle games ever since 'puzzle bobble' but I like rpgs so giving the trial a go..

Arcade

Pid - 400 msp (50% off)

I demo'ed Rocketbowl, Matt Hazard and McGrath last night. Even for 200 msp, Rocketbowl was too boring. Hazard didn't grab me really, but McGrath's Offroad was suprisingly fun. It reminded me of a Baja 1000 game I played on the SNES. So I purchased that one right away. Not sure of any of the others.

Split/Second dlc does not contain any achievements. If dlc contains any achievement points, I'll make a notation next to it to indicate how points are added :)

Thanks for your informative replies... much appreciated. Wasn't that McGrath's Offroad an old coin-op arcade game, but viewed from a top-down birds-eye-view POV - the name rings a bell, but I could be wrong.

I'm sooo bad at racing games generally, so still tossing up whether to go for those new maps - I might flip a coin; it's a fun game when it's not frustrating the crap outta you - kinda like playing a Michael Bay movie racing game with all the set piece disasters and explosions!

Just a quick heads up guys: check out the Good Deals Thread to stock up on some MSP for future Deal of the Weeks and other sales =) currently on Microsoft.com with promo codes, you can get 1200MSP codes for just $5 a piece. I ain't kidding. I got 3 of them, so that's 3600MSP for just $15 (the price of just one code!).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=432389&page=7

I went ahead and bought the Alan Wake DLC earlier (before this) and just went ahead and bought American Nightmare (with some of these earned points). I'm not sure how long this deal will continue, make sure to try it out! Some folks in the thread have managed out with close to 10 codes...others are having a little more difficulty even getting one to arrive in their email.

Just picked up Dark Souls for 840msp :D

Hey, be sure to pick up the DLC, too. It is half off and well worth it, though it offers no additional gamerscore or achievements. Still, the game and DLC is so great I don't think anyone should care.

Oh, but just noticed you have the prepare to die edition on Steam, so you already know this. My first statement is for everyone else, then.

Anyone think nba2k13 is worth it? I just got like close to 15 codes from that trick posted ^^^^.

The dlc for the game is also half off. I have been wanting to buy it and now seems a better time than ever. But if I buy it I know I gotta play it right away to get the nba today achievement out of the way. Hmmm. Input would be appreciated.

Okay, added in the Xbox Reward for the month of February.

Oakley Sunglasses

http://mpe.cmisoftware.com/6.jpghttp://mpe.cmisoftware.com/7.jpghttp://mpe.cmisoftware.com/8.jpghttp://mpe.cmisoftware.com/9.jpg

HEY, WHERE DID THE SMART SPAMBOTS GO?! Ya know the ones that were actually somewhat relevant but remained irrelevant at the same time? RAGEIT'SMAYRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEE

Wait, you picked it up for 840MSP? Or $9.99?

Am I retarded, and is there a way to purchase a game on demand with MSP? Or, am I just retarded?

o_o you asked twice if you are retarded...oh my...no, no just to reassure your fears you are not retarded.

I'm not sure about xbox.com but on the dashboard (at least when I used MSP last on GOD), all you have to do is hit X or something when you choose to purchase something to switch instead over onto MSP. I can confirm real quick on both to be certain.

Edit: Yep, on Xbox.com just go to buy it on the website and there's a URL to select "Use Microsoft Points" and it changes over to your MSP balance.

Edit2: I was also right about the console. Just hit X to switch to MSP.

Edited by TVthePunisher

o_o you asked twice if you are retarded...oh my...no, no just to reassure your fears you are not retarded.

I'm not sure about xbox.com but on the dashboard (at least when I used MSP last on GOD), all you have to do is hit X or something when you choose to purchase something to switch instead over onto MSP. I can confirm real quick on both to be certain.

I'm glad you caught that ;)

For your vigilant observation, and willingness to help, you win this!

http://www.9wtf.com/uploads/5181469121-1362659116-res.jpg

I'm glad you caught that ;)

For your vigilant observation, and willingness to help, you win this!

http://www.9wtf.com/uploads/5181469121-1362659116-res.jpg

Why thank you...I think ;>_> of the various lessons in life, that is one most crucial: never...ever...touch a fat man's fries. Also check the previous post, edited in that you can use MSP on both.

Why thank you...I think ;>_> of the various lessons in life, that is one most crucial: never...ever...touch a fat man's fries. Also check the previous post, edited in that you can use MSP on both.

I did notice that :)

I went ahead and purchased it, thank you for your assistance :woop:

Kind of excited. I played Demon Souls all but one time when my buddy brought his PS3 over to the house to play, and I've always had my eye on this title, but never pulled the trigger. For 800MSP, I'd be a fool to resist.

OP has been updated with recent price drops, Dance Central songs on sale, Deal of the Week, Kinect Central DotW and NBA 2K13 sale for this week only. Big thank you to Jez and Master Shake for the recent info :) Seems the Guitar Hero and DJ Hero stuff went back up to normal price. I think that sale lasted two weeks.

Gonna go through my excel sheet to see what Dance Central songs I don't have. Prolly all the DC3 ones, so I'll be spending some MSP soon on tracks. Gonna wait till June 1st to see what the new XBL Reward is(I hope it's not just that movie deal thingy. Ugh)