Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Achievement Guide & Road Map

People can eventually die from the tranquilizer. Just do what Seraphim17 did in his videos: knock out the first enemy in the game and just stealth past every other enemy in the entire game. It isn't that hard and guarantees you won't kill anyone. Also, you must have set off an alarm. It is possible you were spotted in the storyline forced alarmed states and didn't realize it.

I got spotted a lot during the storyline alarms (especially the heli crash and the final level) and got Foxiest of the Hounds just fine.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it would be nearly impossible to do Good Soul and remain undetected in the same game?

Although you will be detected, there is no alarm in the area. So it does NOT count against The Foxiest of Hounds achievement. Alarms also DO NOT count against you where it is story forced. Such as at the end of the TYM mission. DESTROYING cameras (lethal weapons Pistol etc) will trigger alarms though EMP and Stun Gun will not also FAILING to hack some security devices will trigger an alarm. I did Good Soul with the tranq rifle (first time I fired a gun, non-lethal takedowns all the way) and non-lethal take downs. pretty easy (even on the hardest difficulty) Just take an EMP for the bot (will also stun the heavies) and the bot will self destruct, possibly killing enemies that are near by but not counting against your Pacifist Achievement. (though I did this on the PC)

There also appears to be a glitch with the stealth/hacking option for the Convention Conversation achievement where if you hack it will lock the later conversation with Sandoval into being agressive even if you reload an earlier save and do the conversation with Taggart.

The End 25

You defeated Zhao Yun Ru and destroyed the Hyron Project.

This achievement is unmissable and will unlock when you finish the game. If you have an AUD, run directly down to the right of the pods and work your way around until you get to a level 5 terminal. Stick the AUD on it and when it is hacked, change the pods to inactive. Then, empty a clip of laser rifle into Zhao and she will die.

You don't need to deactivate the pods, simply go invisible, walk up to Zhao and empty the laser clip into her....she is possibly the easiest boss I have ever beaten, took a matter of seconds to do it.

Oh right, thanks.

The only problem I had with the laser solution is that you had to carry one from several levels prior. If you don't use that weapon much or are conserving ammo for it then it's wasting space just to make the final boss a few seconds quicker.

On all my playthroughs I preferred the stealth run to terminal, 2012, break glass and kill.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/509/5-4Sp3g=.jpg The Snake 25:gsicon:

You defeated Jaron Namir, Leader of Belltower's Elite Special Operations Unit.

You will get this achievement by kiling Jaron Namir. DO NOT GET THE BIOCHIP UPGRADE IN HENGSHA 2. If you have the Explosive Mission Pack, the Grenade Launcher is unbelievably helpful, and repeated shots will take him down in a mere 5 or so seconds.

Why is it, that I shouldn't get the Biochip Upgrade!? Does anybody know?

Thank you for this --

I just picked up the game from Redbox. I'm sure I won't be getting all the achievements just in the two days that I have access to the game, but this will help greatly.

How likely is it that I'll be able to to play all the way through in less than 2 days?

Thank you for this --

I just picked up the game from Redbox. I'm sure I won't be getting all the achievements just in the two days that I have access to the game, but this will help greatly.

How likely is it that I'll be able to to play all the way through in less than 2 days?

It is quite possible as I did my collectible run in 5-ish hours, but I would recommend you play the game to a greater amount and explore the game more if it's your first playthrough.

Not going to go through 7 pages, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but by the way it hasn't been edited, I don't think it has.

When you break into the hideout, you need to make your way past the enemies and initiate a talk with Isaias. He wants to commit suicide right in front of you. Use your intuition to prevent him from doing so. If you use CASIE to win the argument with Taggart, this achievement cannot be obtained in the same playthrough.

Quote:

If you sneak into the back and hack Taggarts machine and figure out that's not what you wanted to do... reload and confront him in public and pop the achievement for "The Throwdown" Isaias will attack you still like he didn't get put out in public.

It's because a flag is set when you hack the computer that will stick with your playthrough apparently. Reloading doesn't fix it, only a new game will. I just verified this and it's documented on the wiki.

Lesson: Don't hack Taggarts computer at all. Confront him and The Last Straw before you do if you really want to hack it.

In Bold: This is wrong. I used a persuasive narrative to sway Taggart (Mentioned that the guy in the room with us has a device to tell if something is real or not) and I won the conversation off that and got the achievement.

When I came to I used 'Tough Love', 'Emphasize' and finally 'Tough Love' again and the achievement still unlocked!

Not going to go through 7 pages, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but by the way it hasn't been edited, I don't think it has.

In Bold: This is wrong. I used a persuasive narrative to sway Taggart (Mentioned that the guy in the room with us has a device to tell if something is real or not) and I won the conversation off that and got the achievement.

When I came to I used 'Tough Love', 'Emphasize' and finally 'Tough Love' again and the achievement still unlocked!

All right will change it again. I had multiple reports that if you blackmail him with CASIE then Sandoval will be hostile.

Nice guide but you should comment on a few of the achievements that are missable if you don't get there fast enough or if you do something that you should avoid in order to get the achievement. For example, saving the hostages you need to move quickly in order to do that in the first mission. Another example, the "Yes Boss" achievement as far as I can tell is only available after you return from the first mission. Third, I have no idea where Taggert went but because I followed the mission prompt to his computer then ended up in a battle trying to get out of that room he was not in the room giving a speech and he's nowhere to be found. So I guess I have missed out on the Throwdown achievement. I didn't hack his computer, just was stupid enough to follow what the game told me instead of tracking Taggert down and now I won't be able to talk the guy out of attacking me or committing suicide so I'll miss that achievement. And because I missed the Yes Boss achievement I won't be able to get the side quest from Pritchard, so I'll miss that achievement.

Overall I think the achievement design for this game pretty much stinks. Great guide, though and it has helped me track down a few I'm sure I would've missed.

Nice guide but you should comment on a few of the achievements that are missable if you don't get there fast enough or if you do something that you should avoid in order to get the achievement. For example, saving the hostages you need to move quickly in order to do that in the first mission. Another example, the "Yes Boss" achievement as far as I can tell is only available after you return from the first mission. Third, I have no idea where Taggert went but because I followed the mission prompt to his computer then ended up in a battle trying to get out of that room he was not in the room giving a speech and he's nowhere to be found. So I guess I have missed out on the Throwdown achievement. I didn't hack his computer, just was stupid enough to follow what the game told me instead of tracking Taggert down and now I won't be able to talk the guy out of attacking me or committing suicide so I'll miss that achievement. And because I missed the Yes Boss achievement I won't be able to get the side quest from Pritchard, so I'll miss that achievement.

Overall I think the achievement design for this game pretty much stinks. Great guide, though and it has helped me track down a few I'm sure I would've missed.

Firstly, saving the hostages is not an achievement. Secondly, I have mentioned that Yes Boss is obtainable after returning from FEMA, and lastly, I think your game glitched or something because opposing Taggart is story related. So I would recommend doing another playthrough or reloading a save.

Cause it just happened!

Haha, yay thanks :D

its not impossible i did good soul and remained undetected

in the same game, the way i did it was, i had full cloak augment, and just kept cloaking and running up to guards around maliks ship, doing non lethal takedowns on them, top up my batterys with cyberboost bar or pack, remaining cloaked, take all the heaveys out around maliks ship, emp the robot, then from a distance tranqualiser dart all the above guars, malik flys away, double check all the bodys when your done, just in case...