Where do you get your books?

Paka

I find a suprising amount of the time I'm mooching them off friends and neighbors. I also use Barnes & Noble, a local independent called Lemuria that sometimes has readings and signings, a used book store above a coffee shop where you can trade 2 to 1 for hardbacks, and several libraries. I love Amazon for a lot of things, but I try not to buy books there unless it seems unlikely I'll find it elsewhere, like the Travis McGee paperbacks.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy most of my books now through Amazon and have it delivered to my iPod and iPad. I can then adjust brightness for reading in bed so it doesn't disturb my bride, or I can take it in my pocket to read when I'm waiting on a computer to do a virus scan. The biggest benefit besides portability is the page sync function so that if I switch devices, it already knows where I read to. Awesome.

I still go to the bookstore we have here, but I find that most of my purchases there are Xbox 360 games and EGM (now that it's being produced again). My bookshelf has dwindled as I have given away a lot of my aging paperbacks.

Currently ive been purchasing books from Amazon.co.uk because the price for me is brilliant :). Last book from there i purchased was Mass Effect: Retribution. The last books i did actually buy in real life though was last weekend and that would be the Scott Pilgrim Book series. Awesome stuff i must say!

I used to go to Coles here in town, until I realized Amazon had the better deals. A hardcover book here in Canada is usually 32 dollars, while on Amazon they are 20 dollars. And if you buy more than 39 dollars worth of stuff, shipping and handling is free. So usually I wait and buy everything all at once, and I save money that way =D...now if they would just make Video Games cheaper...

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...