2 Xboxs 1 Gamertag Achievements Question

Searmex

I should make my wife do this for me. If you find a way to make it work seamlessly, I'll change my gamertag to Achievement Sweatshop and get my wife and kids to do this for me.

Just kidding, I take pride in my gaming achievements, as some of them are actually difficult to obtain, or require skill that I actually have. But who knows, I may have a change of heart.

Yeah it's not possible to merge an offline and online list of the same tag. To get the offline ones to show on the online version, you'd need to recover the tag or transfer it by memory card and still connect to live...

So either way you'd lose them. I lost over 9k myself when I forgot i'd recovered my tag to my brothers 360 while mine was being repaired... then I moved into my own house without a net connection, earned the 9k+ offline (forgetting I'd recovered it away from this machine)... got the net, signed in and had to recover before it'd update... so I lost them all and had to re-do them.

Yeah it's not possible to merge an offline and online list of the same tag. To get the offline ones to show on the online version, you'd need to recover the tag or transfer it by memory card and still connect to live...

So either way you'd lose them. I lost over 9k myself when I forgot i'd recovered my tag to my brothers 360 while mine was being repaired... then I moved into my own house without a net connection, earned the 9k+ offline (forgetting I'd recovered it away from this machine)... got the net, signed in and had to recover before it'd update... so I lost them all and had to re-do them.

That sucks. I would hate to lose that much points.

I should make my wife do this for me. If you find a way to make it work seamlessly, I'll change my gamertag to Achievement Sweatshop and get my wife and kids to do this for me.

Just kidding, I take pride in my gaming achievements, as some of them are actually difficult to obtain, or require skill that I actually have. But who knows, I may have a change of heart.

At one point we both had or own names but we enjoy playing games together and seeing our points climb. We got that new blockbuster games by mail deal going on so we're trying to make the most of it.

Anyone notice the forum searching feature is busted right now?

Edited by AOS Puck

Anyone notice the forum searching feature is busted right now?

Yeah I noticed that... unsure if it is broken or can only be used for certain searches, usually one word works.

And in reply to the forum although you've had a lot of answers already!

To my knowledge the answer is no otherwise you could get loads of people to as 1 profile and then connect it to live with 1000's of :gsicon:.

Comben

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting a second Xbox for the living room when Kinect comes out and was wondering if the second Xbox needs to be online for achievements to register. Sounds like i'd have trouble if I got one for offline without wireless adapter. Reading through this thread, I take it that I will have to have the second one online too, which means I will have to get the new slim xbox 360 as all the internet stuff is upstairs. I think i'm right in assuming all this?

I'm getting a second Xbox for the living room when Kinect comes out and was wondering if the second Xbox needs to be online for achievements to register. Sounds like i'd have trouble if I got one for offline without wireless adapter. Reading through this thread, I take it that I will have to have the second one online too, which means I will have to get the new slim xbox 360 as all the internet stuff is upstairs. I think i'm right in assuming all this?

It would be cheaper to transfer back and forth your Gamertag Profile on a memory card.

Although the OP is using his own profile on two consoles, if he is gaining points through the transfers on a memory card/usb/HD is that not game save hacking. Boosting one account with saves from another console, although he did earn them himself is it not still the same thing ????

As for the original question it is not possible without gamertag recovery from one console to the other as previously said.