Excellent Glitch to get Ace! Works Like Charm

tarekegypt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The glitch makes this game a 1-2 max in difficulty. When my ships were on the bottom of the screen, i rotated a couple more times to make sure nothing could hit me. Ace may take a few tries, until you figure out the game a little bit. Every should be able to get the game done within a day. Thanks for the trick and good luck to everyone who has yet to achieve this

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
guide works great, just got 195k easy.

just make sure you kill the first wave on level 3 before doing the trick, and make sure you stay to the right of the screen on level 5 boss and it is cake!

thanks

thank you everybody for all tips :)

now i could get my achievo that was stuck hehehe

this quote is basically what you need to do!!

make sure you dont make mistakes and its gonna be ver eazy :0

thanks again:drunk

• 2 weeks later...

I litterly just screamed out in victory after I hit 185,000 points. I reached the final boss and I'm guessing I wasn't low enough or something because he did manage to kill me...THANK GOD I MADE IT BEFORE I BEAT HIM! I don't care about leaderboards ;>__> I'm happy with what I achieved...200/200 in Aegis Wing FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...
Boosting is one thing! But glitching...The game's a good challenge and should play it for more than 10 minutes, doesn't one get satisfaction from putting some skill into it ?

Depends. If one has been trying for lots of time and started getting tired of the game; using glitches to your advantage may become helpful.

I 100% disagree( In a respectful manner of course! ) I mean, some people( and myself ) have at times, spent hours on certain parts in video games! So when this part finally gets beat, you get satisfaction! Not beacause of some weak glitch... As long as one can understand glitching takes no skill, and that one doesn't brag and lie about how they got that cheevo, ESPECIALLY WHEN COMPAIRING LEGIT TO

UN-LEGIT. That sums up glitching in a very respectful manner! AGree or disagree. no anger was put into this comment, please take note!:drunk

I 100% disagree( In a respectful manner of course! ) I mean, some people( and myself ) have at times, spent hours on certain parts in video games! So when this part finally gets beat, you get satisfaction! Not beacause of some weak glitch... As long as one can understand glitching takes no skill, and that one doesn't brag and lie about how they got that cheevo, ESPECIALLY WHEN COMPAIRING LEGIT TO

UN-LEGIT. That sums up glitching in a very respectful manner! AGree or disagree. no anger was put into this comment, please take note!:drunk

I do agree with you. I do not like people that glitch an entire game, and then lie about it, and act like they're awesome and beast. A bit like people that mod their multiplayer ranks and/or boost.

But I can understand why using glitches can sometimes really help AND still be able to be proud. A bit like me and Left 4 Dead 1. At first I loved the game. I played the crap out of it with friends, got most legit (and a few that randomly popped for absolutely no reason), but ended up missing that one "Dead Harvest" mission on Expert. I spent countless hours trying to get it, ended up hating the game itself and just couldn't seem to unlock it. So I finally ended up using a glitched spot to survive.

I still am proud to say that I completed it, considering the amount of hours I put in it, but won't lie about the fact that I used a few glitches.

Also, there's a difference between glitching all the way through, and using a glitch to get that final achievement you've been trying to get since forever. There's a time where you get tired of trying, and just want the game out of your way once and for all!

That's why I think this one thread we're in right now isn't all that bad :p

^What Salut said. I've already served my time for insanely difficult achievements in my past (Metal Gear Solid 2's VR missions as a prime example) but I horribly, horribly suck as space-shooting-whatchamacallits like Aegis Wing and I along with others failed multiple times trying to get Ace. So yeah, I admit it...I used the silly glitch. I'm not exactly proud of it but I didn't want to leave this game incomplete on my tag.

I very rarely will ever use a glitch to finish a game. But if it's beyond insanely tedious and difficult, yes I will. And no, the satisfaction wares off eventually even if you muscles your way through the normal way. The pure frustration that comes from failing by just a sliver is what you remember the most...and is that a victory worth achieving? Where your sanity was put on the test because of the insane requirements for an achievement? I'm talking games that are punishing in the sense that if you fail later on the road, you have to start from a LOONG way back to even the beginning of the game to try again.

Games that are exceptions which are insanely difficult are MGS2's VR Missions, Super Meat Boy, N+, Splosion Man...all of these are in the form of missions you can try over and over and over until you've completed it, not a punishing ordeal where if you fail you're sent back to the beginning of the fucking game. I have never been a fan of such punishment...yet there it is, since the early days of gaming and still stuck to whatever genre of games Aegis Wing fits into. Hell something's similar in games like Dead Space 2..."limited saves". Or how about Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X HD? One save, that's it.

My point is that glitches are ok if they're within the confines of the game's development. Meaning, it's not occurring due to some software that is manipulating the game no it's there inside the game and you're taking advantage of it. I never feel proud of using a glitch but as I said I very rarely do it. I am damn proud that I muscled my way through every level of Super Meat Boy than taking the easy way out through that silly glitch.