Woah! This game is amazing

So I've just finished playing through all 5 episodes and I'll tell you what I don't think I've ever played a video game that has kept me so into it all of the way through, the story is epic, the characters are awesome and well it's just fresking amazing, I'd even go out there and say its been my best play of the year!!! (and I've played a lot of the "top titles" this year also)

Bravo Telltale Games, thus journey has been EPIC!!!

Roll on Season 2!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished episode 1 and I really enjoyed it. I have the 2nd episode to play through but won't be able to get the last 3 until I get some more points.

I think Episode 2 is the best one. It's the only that made me go WTF the most! :)

I was frantically trying to find a release date for Season 2 earlier but couldn't find anything apart from the fact that is is happening. Just have to wait, and wait, and wait...

This was the best storyline I've played in a game so far. Even with the bugs, mediocre gameplay, and weak graphics, I was hooked. I can understand why it won game of the year. More games should take note that the storyline is just as important as the actual gameplay. Kudos Telltale!

Amazing game, amazing writing. No other game has made me care, or made me feel the way this one did.

I was properly welling up with tears at the end of episode 5, the choices went all blurry at one point, and I'm a grizzly bearded guy in his 30s - I dont cry at the TV!

I agree. Not the best gameplay wise. Pretty upset with the bugs, which I think there is little excuse for. And the graphics are not impressive. But DAMN. That story. I swear it plays the puppeteer on your heartstrings, pulling your emotions every which way. I was sobbing at the end. Someone who had watched none of the game previously was in the room with me, and she cried, too. LOL. There needs to be more games like this.

Loved the game, one that will stay with me for a long time. A unique experience and indeed made me a lot emotional at various times and almost made me cry a few times especially when the credits rolled.

This game is all about humanity and our strange ways + the unexpected outcomes were supreme, it always found a way to do something out of the box that you never imagined and was left with wow, never thought that.

!!!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

my only grief is that in the end our choices don't mean at all and that sucks since the game shows that everything matters big time and in the end it's nothing and I didn't liked the way it ended, left me crying.

If there is going to be another Walking Dead, I might not play it only because I can't change the outcome, no matter what

!!!!!SPOILERS OVER!!!!!

And once again one of the best games I ever played

Loved the game, one that will stay with me for a long time. A unique experience and indeed made me a lot emotional at various times and almost made me cry a few times especially when the credits rolled.

This game is all about humanity and our strange ways + the unexpected outcomes were supreme, it always found a way to do something out of the box that you never imagined and was left with wow, never thought that.

!!!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

my only grief is that in the end our choices don't mean at all and that sucks since the game shows that everything matters big time and in the end it's nothing and I didn't liked the way it ended, left me crying.

If there is going to be another Walking Dead, I might not play it only because I can't change the outcome, no matter what

!!!!!SPOILERS OVER!!!!!

And once again one of the best games I ever played

I a hoping for the next one that they do have multiple endings so our choices do make a difference. I really liked the story it was hard not to stop playing it. The end was really sad it has been a long time since a game got me to cry a little bit.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd say episode 3 would be my favorite, even though I had to rewind because it glitched and my control thing disappeared, need to get more microsoft points for the last two episodes this season, but so far I like how everything plays out and the story :Bounce:

WOW! this game is just "unbelievable good". honestly - i've cried in the last couple of minutes. man i never-ever thought this gonna happen to me. im nearly 30 year old, played about 250 video games in my life and would say that "nothing can shock me" but THAT WAS AMAZING! i've got so addicted to the story and the characters that it was so sad for me when the two said "goodbye" and clem grabed his hand - in this moment for the first time in my life a tear dropped because i was playing a video game. wow - that was totaly awesome (from my point of view) that they can made games that even bother me and involve me that much!

i would suggest that this "gaming experience" was one of the best (for me) of all time! out of nowhere the walking dead got in my top 10 best video games ever!

i'm still kinda speechless, man :D

I know I'm the minority here, but I have found the game very boring. I love a good story, I play a lot of RPGs etc, and the story here is good. However I'd rather read a well written book about this story than play a game. It feels much the same as LA Noir, I hated that too after the first few hours of play. Just walking about selecting things, stiffling the progression of the story. Meh.

Does anyone know if Season 2's achievements are likely to stack on top of Season 1? I really hope they don't. I won't be buying season 2.

EDIT: Ok I'll backtrack a bit on what I said. I have just finished Episode 4, which is miles better than the others so far. 2 was good, but I found 1 and 3 extremely boring.

EDIT 2: Finished all the episodes now. It definitely finished better than it started. I guess I'd give it 4/5.

Edited by pined5551

Tired as hell, have things to do tomorrow... well, today now, stayed up all hours trying to finish it because I couldn't put it down. Halfway through chapter 4 I was in full-on "must complete" mode.

and in the end...

http://blog.sfgate.com/soccer/files/2012/06/Crying-meme.png

Edited by Vulger Spartan