Achievement Trading/Online Matches Thread

Minty

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA HA! Only 2,500pts to go for my General Achievement. This is it people! Hopefully I will get this tonight and end my misery. lol. I will be online tonight like normal, around 11pm pst. Hopefully I will get on earlier, but like always, I can't guarantee that I will be on earlier.

I wanted to thank everyone that has assisted me in this boosting towards General. It's been a long road and I've met some really cool gamers who I hope I get to play with on other games. I am always up for boosting online achievements on other games that I own, send me a friend request if any of you guys want to get achievements on other games. I hope to see you guys online tonight.

HA HA! Only 2,500pts to go for my General Achievement. This is it people! Hopefully I will get this tonight and end my misery. lol. I will be online tonight like normal, around 11pm pst. Hopefully I will get on earlier, but like always, I can't guarantee that I will be on earlier.

I wanted to thank everyone that has assisted me in this boosting towards General. It's been a long road and I've met some really cool gamers who I hope I get to play with on other games. I am always up for boosting online achievements on other games that I own, send me a friend request if any of you guys want to get achievements on other games. I hope to see you guys online tonight.

i too would like to thank you guys it was a pain and i still need 20 yes 20 points to finish the online part of the game so i should be able to manage getting that legit... I am always up for boosting online achievements on other games that I own, send me a friend request if any of you guys want to get achievements on other games.

I myself am only around 10,000 points, so I will be boosting this for a while. Especially since I can't really boost that much during the week. Weekends are my best time for it. I will definitely try to msg everyone on here next time I boost though, hopefully we can get a good group together.

I would encourage anyone serious about getting this done to sign up for LeiChat's session, Sunday, Nov. 16th - 4PM UK, 11AM EST. Go here to sign up: http://www.gamerscorewhore.com/achievements/sessions/?a=23

Perfect time. Gears 2 will be out. Should be pretty deserted around the COD3 lobbies. If we could get 2 or 3 rooms of boosters going, we could do some damage that day.

I'am In the GMT time zone as i Live in the UK.

These are the achievements i need:

Supply Officer

Supply ammunition to at least 20 friendly soldiers in a single ranked match. (Multiplayer)

Doc

Revive 10 of your teammates in a ranked match without getting a teamkill. (Multiplayer)

A War Hero

Capture the final objective in the game mode War. Must be a ranked match. (Multiplayer)

Victory Medal

Be the player with the highest score and on the winning team in a ranked match. (Multiplayer)

Lieutenant

Receive 200 total points in ranked matches. (Multiplayer)

Captain

Receive 2000 total points in ranked matches. (Multiplayer)

Major

Receive 8000 total points in ranked matches. (Multiplayer)

Colonel

Receive 20000 total points in ranked matches. (Multiplayer)

General

Receive 40000 total points in ranked matches. (Multiplayer)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thats it,lol.So I don't know what time you want to do this but if you are willing to help [Also i can help you] I can arrange a time.Remember I'm in GMT.If you want to help PM on here or post a reply.Thanks !

im down also not much for organizing it though add me to your friends list always willing to help. also id like to note it may be easier when cod waw comes out alot of the people who ruin boosting matches do it because they like ctf and that is in the new one so hopfully anti boosters will migrate to waw

I got my General last night. Woohoo! My boosting was slow in the beginning until I got a great group of people and found the right times. You gotta learn who the anti-boosters are (and avoid them) or you just waste your time fighting them off. I only played late at night after the family went to bed; so 2 hours of play time would net me about 2k points. The most I got in 1 day was 5,800 points.

05-22-08 - 200 (Lieutenant)

08-03-08 - 2,000 (Captain)

10-15-08 - 8,000 (Major)

10-24-08 - 20,406 (Colonel)

10-29-08 - 31,892

11-03-08 - 40,172 (General)

As you can see, once I got to 8,000 points, I turned on the heat and lost LOTS of sleep. :) Here are some tips:

1. Learn to throw the flag. If no one throws, no one gets points. Believe me, there will be plenty of opportunities to learn and you will catch on very quickly. Heh, you have 40,000 throws to learn how it works. :)

2. SIT STILL! Huddle up and face each other. Let the thrower do their job and throw it to the group. If you move, it just makes it harder on the thrower.

3. Find a good group and join each other's friend list. Start a Social match, get on the same side so you can all chat. When you have 8 people, all quit and start seaching Ranked. You should all get in the same lobby.

4. Know who are anti-boosters.

5. Laggy matches are the best. I've gotten up to 1,300 points per match at 4 points per throw.... and I've gotten as little as 300 points.

6. Thank the throwers after each match. They deserve it.

7. Know who is the host of the match. The person listed 2nd on everyone's list (except for the host) is the host. They will generally only get 1 point per throw and is best if they are the thrower since the thrower generally doesn't get as many points. This helps the whole group. Make sure the host is someone who will not quit in the middle of a match.

8. You keep your earned points even if you quit or the host quits. You do not get your points if the game or console locks up and has to be rebooted.

9. Choose the MEDIC so you can heal people. Sometimes the thrower will accidently shoot and kill a teammate. You can be there to heal them.

I hope this helps others who are still trying for the achivement. I don't think the servers will be closing. Plus, this game runs on the peer-to-peer network with the console actually hosting the game. The points/leaderboard is the only thing I think that is being hosted. I guess we'll see if something happens.

Again, I would like to thank all those who helped me in all my matches.

I'll go ahead and admit/state that I'm gonna cross-post this in the achievement trading thread.

Yeah, those tips are right on ... especially #2. Something else I'll add to it is the catching group shouldn't sit really close to the flag. It seems that if the flag is thrown too close to where it spawns, then those catching can't pick it up and it just slows things down.

I still have a way to go (I think I am at 12,000 points, maybe more) ... getting there slowly but surely.

OK I must've missed all the matches you guys were in due to time differences.

Are there any UK players who still need these achievements? I'm desperate to get Call Of Duty 3 finished!

Pleas add me to your friends list alloing with a message to say you're adding me for CoD3 points boosting.

I can be online most nights & quite a bit duting the day too - just lost my job so haven't got much else to do!

i too am also looking to boost. i just started playing online a few days ago so i have a long way to go, but i dont have any money to spend on new games so i've got some time to play cod3. so if anyone is planning on setting up a boosting match anytime soon, please add me

GT = blotto88

I'll be boosting Tonite and adding alot of you, i'm only 13000 away from general and heard this game may be going offline when cod 5 comes out so i'll be boosting like crazy for the next few days mostly at nite though cuz it's easier then

GT=CKRONIKX

Add me if you want to join