Achievement Discussion

Krazie

The achievements for Cabela's Alaskan Adventure can be found at http://xbox360achievements.org/content/view/382

Post your likes, dislikes, how easy you think they will be, etc. here..

Most of them look pretty easy, but I haven't played many hunting games lately, so I don't know how hard they will be on the hardest difficulty, what do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

The achievements aren't too difficult. The game can be very boring at times. I played on the expert Simulation difficulty hoping that if you beat an area on Simulation it would give you the Greenhorn, and Sportsman achievements as well but no luck. I hate it when games want you to play through it several times. It's one thing if you beat the easy level first, then yeah you should have to play through to get the harder level achievements. But when you complete the hardest level you should get all of the achievements below it.

Simulation wasn't too hard to get through the only problem is you don't have use of your PDA locator. You get a general location of the animals whereabouts but are left to find which ones to kill on your own. And you aren't allowed to kill other animals that you aren't hunting, doing so will end your game. So if you're hunting Caribou and are tasked with killing only one male and one female it can be quite difficult when you spot several in a herd and you can only shot the correct ones. Also this seems a bit random/glitched as you can clearly tell that it is a female Caribou yet if you shoot her you get "You Can't Hunt That Animal, This Hunting Adventure is Over" where as in the other difficulties you get a clear indication of "shoot that animal".

Also as much as the game tries to be realistic with it's traps, baits, calls, and tracking, etc... it falls short when you can just spot your animals and haul ass right for them and start unloading. These are the slowest four-legged animals in history. You can easily run down a deer. Also the animals are dumber than dumb as they will run from you for only a short period of time and then just stop allowing you to close in. The achievements aren't as quick as I thought but in the end it's still pretty fun to take down a polar bear with your sniper rifle from 200 yards (without a crosshair)

Also as much as the game tries to be realistic with it's traps, baits, calls, and tracking, etc... it falls short when you can just spot your animals and haul ass right for them and start unloading. These are the slowest four-legged animals in history. You can easily run down a deer. Also the animals are dumber than dumb as they will run from you for only a short period of time and then just stop allowing you to close in. The achievements aren't as quick as I thought but in the end it's still pretty fun to take down a polar bear with your sniper rifle from 200 yards (without a crosshair)

well so far the adventure section isnt to bad. i agree but disagree with you. the first 3 of 4 locations are fairly easy. but then you get to the last location "Southeastern" and its a little harder. you can no longer "run at them and unload." when you get to where you hunt "Sitka Deer" its tricky. they are very very fast, and hide in tall grass. you have to kill 2 with rifle and 2 with shotgun. have fun.... and also in the southeastern location you have to learn to fly fish :eek: and that sucks ass!. plus trying to catch a rainbow trout... yeah ok.. all i can say is i've caought all the fish fly fishing.... but that one.. and the only thing i can think of is you have to catch it while it jumps out of the water... but how? anyways. i think the game is fun and relaxing.

I rented the game, played it for a couple hours, then returned it. I'm in no way a hunter or fisher, so for me, this game was boring as hell.

I didn't feel it was a true expierience either. You can can haul ass on a snow mobile and get within 30 yards of an animal without them moving. Plus, since when do animals run away, turn around and run within 3 feet by you? (in an open area)

IMO, two thumbs down.

I rented the game, played it for a couple hours, then returned it. I'm in no way a hunter or fisher, so for me, this game was boring as hell.

I didn't feel it was a true expierience either. You can can haul ass on a snow mobile and get within 30 yards of an animal without them moving. Plus, since when do animals run away, turn around and run within 3 feet by you? (in an open area)

IMO, two thumbs down.

:whs

I may go through and get the other three Gold Medals which will give me around 500-600 points but then I'm done with this game it's too damn boring.

I do have several questions and I'm hoping you can help.

I'm trying to complete the Western Alaska Platinum Badge and have all the hunts and contests completed except the dog sledding.

Every time I try I can not get first. I've tried going fast and my sled breaks! I've tried going slow and I lose. I tried to keep a medium pace and the best I get is second. This contest seem VERY touchy and VERY hard to find the right balance. Can someone who has this and knows the formula please share?

When you travel to another area a messages says you can not travel back! Does this mean I have to get all the achievements for that area before I move on? I want to get the platinum badge for each area but not if I have to go back and start each area from scratch (very poor programming/game design)

I love killing small defenseless animals and want to keep playing this game but not if this BS continues!

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I did check the guide (:) thanks by the way:) ) and when I tried to enter the second dog sled race it said I had to come first in the previous race!:confused:

...now I think of it I may have screwed up.....I may not have saved after the first race, or I may have loaded from the wrong save career file...damn. I'll check when I get home

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble with the last two contests on this game. The Survival Hunts!!

I only need to complete these to get my 1000 but WOW is it tough. I have only been able to make it about half way on the first contest before I die.

For those of you that have actually done this, can you tell me what the second Timed section is like? I'm sure, with time, I can finish the first contest but I do not want to bother if the second, timed contest is ridiculously hard!!

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry it took me so long to see this. wow if you still need help yeah the second is timed and its a bitch. you have to get thru the map in the time limit and get a total number of points. 750 if i remember correctly. If you have given up or already got this once again i appolige for not seeing it eariler. but if you need help on Cabelas african safari you can bet your ass i'll be the first to beat it also. haha. :p

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im playin through it right now and im just goin through on greenhorn to get a hang of it and im glad i did because it would prolly take so much more time to go through on simulation and since im going thru on greenhorn ithink im goin to stop playing once i go through the four levels.

this game = :rant: (just thought i would state that lol)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
im playin through it right now and im just goin through on greenhorn to get a hang of it and im glad i did because it would prolly take so much more time to go through on simulation and since im going thru on greenhorn ithink im goin to stop playing once i go through the four levels.

this game = :rant: (just thought i would state that lol)

You should of read the thread titled how to use the radar in simulation mode!!

Just as easy as greenhorn when you follow these steps.