Locked Ships and Secret Achievements

yamayamayaamaa

Anyone know what these are and/or how to unlock them yet?

Edit:

• Locked ships

Tigerschwert

NO. 03

Lock-On Type

Unlock: Beat Stage 5-A

(thanks DarkxMaterials)

Orchid

NO.04

Bomb Type

Unlock: Beat 5A without dying.

• Secret Achievements

- Destroyed ]-[i/34<#!.

- Cleared all stages on all ranks.

Probably too soon but I figured I start a discussion on it in case anyone has info from the iOS version or something. :)

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

Haven't unlock either yet, but I would guess they'll be the green "type-B" and Blue "Type-C" ships from DDP Resurrection, seeing as the red "Type-A" is the first selectable ship in this game (the second one is completely new).

They could be versions from earlier games in the series (like the "type-B" helicopter from the early games) but I'd still bet money that that's what they'll be.

Edited by MutekiAzy
corrected last sentence

Let me guess Hibachi shows up if you're about to no miss 5e

I wish I didn't suck so much at this game, scoring is easy when you learn the enemy patterns, but I doubt I'll ever unlock 4c & d or 5c, d & e

I'm struggling trying to no miss level 2, and unlock 3c at the moment, also 5a causing me grief, I keep forgetting about a few enemies which I inevitibly lose a life to and then die on last boss :|

Confirmed - To unlock the 4th ship, beat 5A using the 3rd ship. You are allowed to lose lives as long as you beat the level. The 4th ship seems to be pretty terrible though, possibly the worst of the 4 (although the smart bomb is pretty :p)

I interviewed CAVE about the game and got some exclusive pics of the secret ships. Everyone please check it out.

this is awesome. just finished reading it. CAVE really should make more noise advertising their games outside of US. WP7 didn't have any real hardcore shmup game (and not a lot of xbox live games) so it gathered a lot of attention. but for xbox 360... i wouldn't even know the existence of DeathSmiles II on Games On Demand if i was not intentionally looking over the japanese xbox live marketplace to find anything that might not be region locked (and i was disappointed - virtually everything of interest that is not released in US is region locked).