DLC Price

Skinstakovic

Is it me or is the price for the DLC absolutely obsurd?!

2400 points!!!!!!

Why is it still so expensive? I've played every warriors game since DW2 and completed them all (with the exception of DW6 atm), and i want to finish this but i refuse to pay so much, it's more than i payed for the game!

Any insights?

Skins

• 2 weeks later...

So is the DLC for the extra 250 achievement points?

Edit: In the achievement guide he recommends you to not download the patch until you've unlocked a certain character. Is that included in the automatic update or is he referring to the insanely expensive DLC? I've always rejected the auto update and played offline...

Edited by DUBBLEUP

• 4 months later...

Most likely it's in the DLC.

I can (somewhat) understand the price. Apparently, in the PS2 days without a hard drive, expansions were done via a second disc. Koei apparently did a few of these with the "Extreme Legends". I think the Phantasy Star Universe expansion was also a separate disc on the PS2.

On the 360, they decided to eschew selling extra discs and instead make it DLC. Given it's locked to your account, no resale value, and no way to 'borrow' it from a friend, they probably think they can kill the second-hand market on this. Unfortunately, they price it pretty high, with no appearance of dropping in price despite this being an old game.

Back with the Xbox 1, the hard drive & broadband access made me think of the possibilities of extending games, downloading additional levels and such. Now, our resident shoe salemen managing our beloved game companies are actively removing content from games and trying to sell what should have been in there at first to you. And you know it was in there, as even offline, playing the game, it'll go "Hey, I got this nifty quest, please help me! Oh... but you can't, because you still got your wallet closed. Talk to me later when you hand it over to my creator's company."

Distopian settings with souless megacorps were meant for fictional stories and games. They weren't a damn instruction manual for how to run a business.

So is the DLC for the extra 250 achievement points?

Edit: In the achievement guide he recommends you to not download the patch until you've unlocked a certain character. Is that included in the automatic update or is he referring to the insanely expensive DLC? I've always rejected the auto update and played offline...

I saw this confusion and edited my guide. I referred to XL as a patch when I shouldn't have; the patch that comes up with other games (i.e. when you first start to play and it says it must be updated) you can download.

I now refer to the XL DLC as the Expansion in the guide. I hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it me or is the price for the DLC absolutely obsurd?!

2400 points!!!!!!

Why is it still so expensive? I've played every warriors game since DW2 and completed them all (with the exception of DW6 atm), and i want to finish this but i refuse to pay so much, it's more than i payed for the game!

Any insights?

Skins

I'd have to say that I too think it was quite expensive. In playing through it though, it has some redeeming qualities. The extent of character customization they've granted with the XL DLC was nice. With the exception of Yoshimoto, I felt all of the new characters had intriguing stories and were some of the best characters in the game. Between Gracia and Toshiie, you could mop the floor with Tadakatsu or Keiji without a problem. The only thing that should have been added that would have made it more worth the cost was a create-a-character mode. I'm not sure why they scrapped it for this release...

Edited by ludachristofski

It's been 2 years since it was released and no price drop, so I bought it yesterday.

$30 is not too bad since that's how much the PS2 disc cost, but you get HD graphics on the 360.

It does add a ton of new stuff, so I think it's worth it.

If you really like SW2, then it's a nice addition. :)

• 5 months later...

The problem with this DLC is that it IS DLC. This should have been sold separately from this title as a game on demand. I bought the actual game for $8.66 used, and there is no possibility ill ever pay $30 for 250 gamer score. So all this does for me is mess up my completion percentage, if i even decide to play this mediocre title that cannot be completed without the still outrageously priced DLC which cannot be purchased used. Give us transfer rights for DLC !!

The problem with this DLC is that it IS DLC. This should have been sold separately from this title as a game on demand. I bought the actual game for $8.66 used, and there is no possibility ill ever pay $30 for 250 gamer score. So all this does for me is mess up my completion percentage, if i even decide to play this mediocre title that cannot be completed without the still outrageously priced DLC which cannot be purchased used. Give us transfer rights for DLC !!

In theory, DLC is tied to both the owner and to the 360, though you can swap the licenses tied to the 360. Anyone know whether a person can use the DLC someone else bought, if they log onto the same 360 that the DLC is also tied to? Might still be able to work on the 250 points if you know someone with it. That's my only hope for the damn MUA2 DLC that they pulled.

I'm not sure if doing it on a friends xbox will work but that's certainly tryable. If I still had the game I would experiment by taking a freshly-made silver account and completing Toshiie or Katsuie and see if the achievement dings; if it does, it will work for a gold account for certain. If someone is willing to test this out I will update the guide to reflect it (I cannot since I no longer own the game).

There may be some semi-scrupulous ways of doing it too, such as using a flash-drive or Xplorer360 et al. But since I'm not out for abusing the system I won't go into that.

• 5 months later...
I'm not sure if doing it on a friends xbox will work but that's certainly tryable. If I still had the game I would experiment by taking a freshly-made silver account and completing Toshiie or Katsuie and see if the achievement dings; if it does, it will work for a gold account for certain. If someone is willing to test this out I will update the guide to reflect it (I cannot since I no longer own the game).

There may be some semi-scrupulous ways of doing it too, such as using a flash-drive or Xplorer360 et al. But since I'm not out for abusing the system I won't go into that.

If any account on your console has an XBLA or Games on Demand game, any other account on the console can play it.

So DLC should work the same.

• 7 months later...

To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen DLC this expensive. I do understand that it was to mimic the former XL games, however they were physical games that would lower in value over time. I think was was also one of the earlier examples of DLC for the 360. Still, it is way overpriced. Other DLC is normally around 800 or 1200. I don't think I've seen many over this and certainly never any as high as SW2:XL. It is insane and frustrating that they expect so much. It's a pain because I do want the XL, regardless of achievements. :(

• 7 months later...
To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen DLC this expensive. I do understand that it was to mimic the former XL games, however they were physical games that would lower in value over time. I think was was also one of the earlier examples of DLC for the 360. Still, it is way overpriced. Other DLC is normally around 800 or 1200. I don't think I've seen many over this and certainly never any as high as SW2:XL. It is insane and frustrating that they expect so much. It's a pain because I do want the XL, regardless of achievements. :(

Most DLCs that are 800 to 1200 aren't on the same scale as XL though. XL is an actual expansion pack that all the Warriors games have always had, not just a small mission pack that the company made to add onto the game.