Achievement Guide & Road Map

Trikke

How useful were the guide & road map to you?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. How useful were the guide & road map to you?

• Very useful, thanks!
    • Not at all! (please leave a post and tell us why)
    • Partially... (please leave a post and tell us what you would change)

I didn't. I beat the game using Route A, went to leaderboards and beat it with Route B, the beat it on Route C under 25 minutes, then Route D and unlocked the rest of the achievements in the order they were supposed to unlock. 4 playthroughs: 3 single, 1 leaderboard.

Meaning... I can leave the road map and achievement descriptions as they are ATM ?

I didn't. I beat the game using Route A, went to leaderboards and beat it with Route B, the beat it on Route C under 25 minutes, then Route D and unlocked the rest of the achievements in the order they were supposed to unlock. 4 playthroughs: 3 single, 1 leaderboard.

Maybe it's to do with the order they're done. I started with route C single player, then did route B on leaderboards, then route D and A single player and the all mini-games cheevos hadn't shown up. I then went back and did route B single player again and they all popped up during act 3. So definately 5 play throughs for me.

I guess if no one else has had the same thing happen, leave the road map as it is and put it down to something oddball with my playthrough <shrug>.

• 3 weeks later...
From the achievement descriptions, this seems pretty easy, as it should be. Im just a bit bummed since I bought it. I wasnt going to preorder it (to get it free) but I just saw the sweet CE which Im considering preordering. Oh well, some one out there will get a free copy if I do.

I'm pre-ordering the Collectors Edition even though I won't be able to play it (I live in the UK, the CE isn't for Europe :l)

I got this Arcade for free (pre-order), and I'm not going to open the CE when I get it. I'm gonna be a nerd and hope it's worth a bit in the future (especially the replica gun).

I'm pre-ordering the Collectors Edition even though I won't be able to play it (I live in the UK, the CE isn't for Europe :l)

I got this Arcade for free (pre-order), and I'm not going to open the CE when I get it. I'm gonna be a nerd and hope it's worth a bit in the future (especially the replica gun).

You sure about that?

I've pre-ordered the CE and it's coming in Jan. Atleast in Sweden it is, WITH the replica gun and stuff

http://www.webhallen.com/spel/xbox_360/122432-dead_space_2-collectors_edition

And thanks for the guide :)

• 2 weeks later...
It`s taking me more than 4 playthroughs to get the Ain’t got time to bleed! achievement in this game. You should put in your guide that it will take some players 4 playthroughs to get the Ain’t got time to bleed! achievement.

Is that the reason why you vote negative?

I did put "4+" on the road map. What do you think that does mean?

Oh, wait, you are the one who kept attacking stallion83 all the time on TA... that figures!

Is that the reason why you vote negative?

I did put "4+" on the road map. What do you think that does mean?

Oh, wait, you are the one who kept attacking stallion83 all the time on TA... that figures!

My bad I see it now.

EDIT: I just got the Ain’t got time to bleed! after trying a few times.

Edited by CONKER1182

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I went through all 4 different playthroughs, but didn't get half the achievements, like Chief Engineer, Planet Cracker, Infectious, and All your trace belong to us.. guess I'll have to do them again. :(

you only have to do the online playthrough (way) again - only do it locally this time! The online playthrough doesn't count towards those achievements! The OP did a mistake in his roadmap!

You can actually do the 2 Leaderboard achievements offline. You don't have to be connected to xbox live. My router died before I got those achievements, and I decided to do the hardware crack one on the leaderboards since it was fast just to see what happened. It gave me the cannot connect to leaderboards message, but I hit start game anyways. To my surprise, the achievement popped when I finished, even offline. I tried the leaderboard Ignition runthrough and it also popped. So this game can be done entirely offline.

Edited by Sting7785

• 4 weeks later...

I think the achievement for beating it in 25 minutes needs some updating. I paused a good amount on one playthrough and ended up getting 45 minutes. This is after beating the game 4 times and on my last playthrough getting 28 minutes.

So basically, pausing the game takes up time I think. That or quitting out and starting back into it erases the pieces you placed, but saved the time you left it.

EDIT: If you dashboard it seems to be the safest thing to do. Pausing takes up time.

Route C is the easiest to beat for time. Did it in 21 minutes.

Edited by Tyger7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...