Most Unique Injury?

v_thorne

So I know there's your worst injury, but I want to know the most unique ones.

About an hour ago I was walking into my kitchen to get my fries out of the oven, not noticing my roomate spilt toothpicks all over the tile...

I don't know HOW it happened, but I'm just walking and suddenly BAM, I feel something in my foot and I look down and there's a toothpick stuck in my 4th toe. I felt it go in and I heard a snap.

It went in with enough force that it snapped the toothpick in half, and only the part that was in my toe and the broken end had blood on it. I tried pulling it out and couldn't. So I sat down and got my boyfriend (it took him 2 tries) to pull it out as well.

Now I have this huge hole in the base of my toe, it hit the bone. It hurts like a mofo.

Also when I was 6 or so I was going down a slide and got a splinter stuck in my hip, it was 4 or 5 inches and I had to get it surgically removed. I still have a scar there and I can't feel anything on it.

Oh, and I also stapled my hand with an industrial staple gun at my last job. I was on a lot of medication and very sick (they were strict about missing work) and I wasn't paying attention. The staple guns at my old job were backwards in how you were supposed to hold them, so I got mixed up. Went to staple a box and pushed my hand against the gun and it went right into my palm.

Edited by v_thorne

I was getting off a horse once and my foot got caught slightly in the stirrup swinging it out as I jumped down. It was a safety stirrup with a hook on the side to hold a rubber band that breaks if you were to be dragged. The hook caught me in the genital area as I fell past it...OUCH!! Believe me, you don't want to injure yourself there; LOTS of sensitive nerve endings. I probably should clarify that I am a woman. Needless to say, I changed out those stirrups for breakaways without hooks!

Edited by Eques De Valor

I was playing paintball with my team. It was the start of the match(pratice), I was running then dove head first to my bunker only to feel a sharp pain in my leg(shin area). My momentum stopped aswell, I got shot alot from it. When I got up limped to the deadbox, one of my team members noticed a huge gash in my pants. He was in school to be a EMT, so he looked at my shin, his face expression said a million words. Next thing I know he had de-panced(a new word?), and had the owner calling an Ambulance. The EMT team mate said," You will need 22 stiches." I thought what really? I honnestly really couldn't feel anything, it really just cut my skin/muscle not deep enough for nerves. He was right I had to have 22 stiches in my leg. Later we found out a stake to hold the bunkers was in the diving lane, because last weeks clean up crew were lazy or something and missed it.

A few years ago I slammed the right side of my face into a wall...at the time I had thin wire rimmed glasses and the wire rim of the glasses got lodged IN my right eyebrow. One word: Ouch.

Probably SHOULD have gone to the ER for stitches considering how badly it was bleeding and the depth of the gash, but stubborn me just let it bleed and dealt with the pain and embarrassment of one hell of a black/swollen eye for about 2 months.

I still have a pretty big scar under my right eyebrow from it and my right eyebrow always looks a little raised because it never healed the right way.

Edited by dmf087

Held onto the back of a pickup truck with my friend while riding a longboard and didn't see a hole on the pavement and I went flying and landed on a rock. My whole right side of my hip had no skin. My knees and elbows where also scrapped.

Riding my pintail 40(a longboard) down a hill near my school ran into a car and only broke left pinky everything else was fine and i rode away didn't know it was broken til i got home because i had my slide gloves on.

DH or Die

Whilst it's not exactly on topic, the original post made me think of something on FunnyJunk...

"Think about placing a toothpick underneath your toenail, and then kicking a wall really hard."

Would REALLY hurt, wouldn't you agree?

This thing hit the base of my toe and that was enough to put me down for a good 20 minutes. 3 attempts to pull it out didn't help either. So under the toenail... I'm cringing just thinking about it.

When I was 4 or 5 there was a huge nail sticking out my garden fence, and a dog on the other side. But I decided to climb up the fence and annoy the dog.

Cue me slipping and getting a cut from the top of my chest to my stomach area. Luckily it wasn't infected but I did have to have a couple of stitches according to my parents =P

Ive still got the scar 12 years on, even if its a bit faint.

I dont think its unique but i broke my leg jumping off a dinosaur. If you played Fallout New Vegas it looked similar to the one in Novac. I jumped off because i wanted to get down fast. I was stupid -_____- landed and broke my leg. and really hurt my wrist. Funny at school because people started knowing me as "that dude that jumped of a dinosaur" xD

• 9 months later...

When I was younger I was caught on fire at a party well my Foot got caught on fire lol there was a fireplace and one of my parents drunken friends knocked some of the wood out of it and it landed on me setting my shoe and sock on fire which in return scarred my ankle ... To this day I hate that man lol and it probably explains why I don't like to drink to get drunk.

Also when young my dad had a spud gun and I dared him to shoot the lightbulb and he did and the glass from it flew and band cut my wrist (lol emo) and left some scars.

And lastly I have one across my thumb because I bet my girlfriend that you could stop a fan (full speed) by grabbing it it was one of those cheap ones you get that just stand there and blow wind back and forth so I took the guard off and went to grab it and I cut open my thumb big time and it bled nonstop lol was funny at the time though I lost that bet..

That's all I can think off only other minor boring scars on my fingers from cutting things and slipping and cuttin my fingers. I have never self harmed but people assume so with my random scars lol I'm just terrible with knives in the kitchen and now my girlfriend doesnt bother asking me to help cook anymore lol.

When I was 11, I broke my neck (c6) playing football with a couple pals of mine. Worst pain I've ever had but the funny thing is my most unique injury was getting the IV while I was in the hospital with my broken neck. Nurse was newer and had to place the IV 9 different times until she finally got it. Still have a scar from it xD

I was riding a bike down a very large, steep hill. I was going really fast and the chain popped off and lodged itself in the tired causing it to lock. I flipped and rolled over many times on the asphalt street until i came to a stop in a ditch.....just feet away from a large rock and i didn't have a helmet on. My whole face had road rash and i was just hurt for a long time

Well... I was packing heavy cola can boxes (24 a pack) in on a high shelf, I was done and when I wanted to take a break, a customer grabbed a tray, and somehow it fell, right on the top of my ribs, 4 ribs broken, a perfectly new pair of pants ruined by urine(I got scared and because of the pain) and two weeks off.

Worst thing was, I felt like shit because I ruined my pants, they were like €40,- and they felt like it was tailor made for me...

Atleast the two weeks off were good, I hated that job!

My unique injury would of have to of been when i tried to run up a tree and flip backwards, but instead of that i slipped, classic split the legs into the tree nut crushing, and landing badly.

In turn i ended up with a broken ankle, and the ball pain was covered up completely.

The End.

Edited by ForBidMe