Just finished the game...

xPaRaPhOiAx

To me this game didnt really feel like an AC game, its feels like CoD compared to battlefield, they have the same style and objectives but it goes about it in a completely different direction, with a ridiculous amount of combat rather than strategy, and the simplified but less controllable free-running.

And the ending pissed me off a bit, it wasn't the epic conclusion I was expecting, we still don't know what made Desmond so special, and didn't really give any closer to the story but instead span off on a whole new tangent.

Also I think Connor is the weakest character from the three games, he just has no personality, Ezio was a larger than life colorful character, and Altair was was a soft spoken hard hitting Badass, while Connor is just angry all the time, the funny thing is I actually thought his father was a better character than all the assassins, but maybe that's me been biased since he has a similar personality to me, with his dry British wit.

I know this past makes it seem like I hate the game, but I don't it is probably tied with ACII as my favorite of the series, but there is so much disappointment.

oh and another peeve is the money system, money back then was worth alot more than it is now, so there is no way someone would be in possession of that much money,, you become the equivalent of a billionaire in a matter of hours.

I wouldn't say I was horribly disappointed, but I was moderately so. The game was good, but Connor never grabbed me the way Altair and Ezio did, and I never really cared about the things that mattered to him. He didn't even learn the creed! That was the best part of 1, when Altair finally realizes why the Brotherhood acts, and what it actually defends. It was also strange coming from Brotherhood and Revelations back to the whole multiple maps and cities that 1 and 2 had; I felt like it really slowed the game down.

BIG OLD SPOILER WARNING HERE!!!!!!!

Did anyone else feel like the decision Desmond made at the end was the more templar choice?

He gave up the freedom of the human race for temporary safety.

As I've been thinking about it today though, it might well be that that was the point; that Assassins and Templars don't matter. The first civilization was trying to guide people toward working together to prevent their inevitable destruction, and all their war had done was divide resources and waste lives. Just a thought I had today, not sure if it really holds up all that well. But I do think that if I had gotten to choose, I feel like the way I perceive Desmond would have led to making the other choice.

I feel like the gameplay mechanics were the best in this game, but there was a lot wrong with the rest of the game. I was expecting a masterpiece here and I didn't get one. It was fun and overall pretty good, but fuck, how did they screw up in so many places? The story was bland, the Desmond story ended poorly, Connor was a completely uninteresting and unlikeable character, the main story missions were absolutely retarded involving barely anything that made me feel like an assassin, and those mini games are some of the worst I've seen in a game. There's a lot of little things that bothered me, but overall I'm just overly disappointed.

Some new things I surprisingly really enjoyed were hunting and naval missions (at least at first).

He gave up the freedom of the human race for temporary safety.

whos freedom did he give up exactly? just because he set a hologram/ghost "free" hardly means the people of earth are enslaved.

I feel like the way I perceive Desmond would have led to making the other choice.

i just can't see this rational at all, you'd let billions of people die a horrible death, set the course of civilisation back to the dark ages again for what reason exactly?

I dunno really, but the way I perceived the choice, (and Minerva says this after they show you what happens if you let the world burn), it seemed like either a) all of mankind would live, but as slaves to Juno, or b) many would die, but we would be free to rebuild according to our own will. To be fair I was probably projecting a little of the history of the game (mainly the "Adam and Eve" video from the glyphs in AC2). It just felt like the Assassins would choose freedom, even at the cost of human lives. Its what they've been doing throughout history; killing and murdering, committing heinous acts to preserve the freedom of choice.

I thought the game was okay. I knew going into it that Connor was not going to move swiftly etc because he is bulky etc. the Devs explained that during the making of videos on IGN. I liked the things Connor could do but either Achilles didn't explain what the creed was all about or maybe it was just the time period. I really hate at the end of the game he keeps his Hood off and when you finish up your're running around with a Mowhawk unless you change into Achilles outfit. I thought there were going to more battles like the trailers showed. Connor is young and in a very different time period so like a lot of things, they get lost. I can't remember the year Ezio took place off the top of my head but it has to be at least a century maybe more.

well it's implied Juno will do something, but it's not explained nearly enough for me to even consider the alternative. and since we've yet to see these things be able to actually interact on any real level (lucy incidient aside) i don't really see her as a world shattering threat. plus the vision of the aftermath future didn't look so great, as in the end all the good Desmond and company would've done would just be twisted and as i said before just through us back to the dark ages and the cycle would presumably just happen again

I totally see where you are coming from. And if I had to make the decision, I'd probably make the same decision that's in the game. But in the moment I guess I felt like Desmond might not. It seemed to me that that his Dad seriously considers it before Desmond sends him away (though it could just as easily be that he doesn't want his son to die).

yeah i took that more as he didn't want to lose his son, they seem to have finally made peace with each other and then he lost him, one thing i wasn't 100% sure on though was if the others could even see what Desmond was seeing, when minerva first started talking dad went "desmond whats going on?" or something like that to which D kind of gave him a "not right now" gesture like he was focused on something they weren't

I remember discovering the apple for the first time, seems not too long ago. I remember that was legendary back than. Today I finished the last AC, and was just meh move on to the next game. This game got a lot of glitches, like people are disappearing, climbing is kinda funky, still dont know how to fire a weapon when holding LT. The ending didnt impress me, I got bored of listening holograms , which usually thats one of my favorite things in the game, to know about the past. Honestly I enjoyed Revelation more than this.

Didn't even think about that, I just assumed everyone else was freaking out about finally seeing all the crazy stuff he'd been seeing for the last 4 games. But that makes way more sense.

Speaking of him and his Dad, I think my favorite portion of 3 was the Abstergo mission. I know all of the animations were the same as Connor's, but Desmond looks way cooler performing them. And the bit with the apple and Vidic, that was every bit as satisfying and one-sided as that confrontation should have been.