Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #121
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post
Good points. I agree with your one point about the other mutant which would better explain how the sentinels could steal other mutant's powers. I'm assuming they used Mystique instead simply because they wanted her to play a bigger role in the plot (but I agree it makes little sense given the nature of her powers).
After reading about Rogue's deleted scene now, it would've made just as less sense given my Kitty argument. Where was Emma Frost as well? She's a HUGE Telepath and much like how Nightcrawler (one of my fav characters both comic and movie) was just omitted after X2. They did the same with Emma and she could've played a very important role. Plus mentioning so many mutants who died in the 70's makes some more plot holes like Nightcrawlers existence overall.
Regardless that Time Travel is always a big plot-bending headache, there are some easy to identify flaws in this flick even though I loved it.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #122
Azraelx

Azraelx1979ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
Xavier transferred his mind into the body of his twin brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnVoTt35Uw0

Damn right.
I remembered that bonus scene, but it still begs a few questions.

Such as:

If he transferred his mind/consciousness into another body, why is he still in that wheelchair?

Azraelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #123
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
After reading about Rogue's deleted scene now, it would've made just as less sense given my Kitty argument. Where was Emma Frost as well? She's a HUGE Telepath and much like how Nightcrawler (one of my fav characters both comic and movie) was just omitted after X2. They did the same with Emma and she could've played a very important role. Plus mentioning so many mutants who died in the 70's makes some more plot holes like Nightcrawlers existence overall.
Regardless that Time Travel is always a big plot-bending headache, there are some easy to identify flaws in this flick even though I loved it.
I mention that part in my review, but I'll state again that this kind of feels more like a sequel to the Singer trilogy than to First Class if that makes any sense. Of course, that may have to do with the fact that Singer directed this one, but I'm mainly referring to the fact that most of the cast of "First Class" were limited to a couple minutes of cameo appearance or simply written off as dead. That wouldn't be a big issue for the minor characters, but Emma and Azazel are pretty important in the overall X-Men universe.

I also wonder where exactly the next movie (Apocalypse) takes place in the timeline. With Days of Future Past they basically reset the entire X-Men movie universe, so are they going to have to explain how all the mutants are taken into the Xavier school again?

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm and Achieve On!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.
Rapture639 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #124
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post
I mention that part in my review, but I'll state again that this kind of feels more like a sequel to the Singer trilogy than to First Class if that makes any sense. Of course, that may have to do with the fact that Singer directed this one, but I'm mainly referring to the fact that most of the cast of "First Class" were limited to a couple minutes of cameo appearance or simply written off as dead. That wouldn't be a big issue for the minor characters, but Emma and Azazel are pretty important in the overall X-Men universe.

I also wonder where exactly the next movie (Apocalypse) takes place in the timeline. With Days of Future Past they basically reset the entire X-Men movie universe, so are they going to have to explain how all the mutants are taken into the Xavier school again?
You literally put it as it is. DoFP wasn't so much a direct sequel but as said, a reset to the original trilogy and the future of the next one. Apocalypse will be a direct sequel to First Class from what I saw Singer say. There's talks of a young Cyclops, Storm and obviously Gambit's (re)introduction.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #125
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I finally saw this last night and now, having slept on it. I stand by my initial 10/10 rating. Like any great movie I see at the cinema. I can't wait to see it again on Blu Ray.

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #126
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
I finally saw this last night and now, having slept on it. I stand by my initial 10/10 rating. Like any great movie I see at the cinema. I can't wait to see it again on Blu Ray.
Compared to the others, 10/10 seems fair. With all the inconsistencies and plot-fucks....8.5/10. It was genuinely a gorgeous display of an X flick. Quicksilver earned at least 5/10 on his own hahaha.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:41 AM   #127
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Compared to the others, 10/10 seems fair. With all the inconsistencies and plot-fucks....8.5/10. It was genuinely a gorgeous display of an X flick. Quicksilver earned at least 5/10 on his own hahaha.
I mean, to be a complete realist. I'd give Godzilla an 8 and X-Men a 9. Thing is, I see a movie for enjoyment and I don't want to criticise it and look for faults like driving instructor taking a student on their practical test. (Not implying that is what you do, just sayin'). Both are great movies and totally worth seeing in the cinemas.

Quicksilver really was great though. Figured he'd been killed somehow to be honest though.

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #128
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
I mean, to be a complete realist. I'd give Godzilla an 8 and X-Men a 9. Thing is, I see a movie for enjoyment and I don't want to criticise it and look for faults like driving instructor taking a student on their practical test. (Not implying that is what you do, just sayin'). Both are great movies and totally worth seeing in the cinemas.

Quicksilver really was great though. Figured he'd been killed somehow to be honest though.
Totally understandable. Both properties are among favorites in terms of fandom. It's not so much that I can't help but criticize but I tend to find what I like, what I don't but either/or never completely determines my overall Judgement.

I do tend to hype myself up even when I try to avoid but esp with how Godzilla was handled in 1998 and so on, this was a breath of fresh air. I also never go by publicized criticism bc for the most part.

I only give Godzilla more credit, not bc I'm a fan, but bc monster movies in this day and age are freaking tough! Most any horror is due to the desensitizing of the generations. Big G had a good plot, decent acting, amazing CG, terror, awe and the right amount of nostalgia. They really didn't overdo it as well as miss the mark. It's not literally Perfect but it is a Goldilocks flick where it's not too much, not too little but just right...for a starting point. If it's left stand-alone, i can accept it but it's got so much more potential ahead of it! I'd love to see where Gareth could go. All I care about is if a Director/Writer proves they care about the property rather than adopting it under their wing for their own little mark.
That's my one small gripe with Licensing is that the source material tends to get skewed in whoever purchased the rights. Too much leeway.

Perfect Example - Michael Bay. He admitted he liked Transformers but ultimately knew nothing outside the base stuff. The one thing he did magnificently was their "transforming" with the shifting parts. He went too far by making them "bleed and sweat". And spit. Ugh that bugged me lol.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #129
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm and Achieve On!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.
Rapture639 is online now   Reply With Quote