The worst game since Superman 64 and why you shouldn't buy it.

PaleVoyager

I am dead serious. I'm sure some will disagree and try to validate their purchase, but be honest with yourself. This game is a glitchy, sluggish mess.

It freezes, it corrupts, achievements and avatar awards glitch or don't unlock at all. The gameplay is some of the most tedious button molesting I've ever engaged in. Maybe if the developers play-tested this monstrosity before vomiting it up onto the marketplace, it might have been more bearable. (Or perhaps a patch to fix the numerous technical issues?)

This game's only two saving graces are the music at the main menu, and the dialogue throughout. I'll admit both of these things are pretty awesome, but not awesome enough to rescue this train wreck from being a train wreck.

Please, do yourself a favor and do not get this game. I bought it at an obscene discount of 160 MS points and I STILL feel ripped off.

Edited by PaleVoyager

I thought it was a somewhat enjoyable 200. I mean, had to have been a better experience than your 1000 in Deadly Premonition!??

I took it as an easy game to complete, not much more than that. So for the price, based on achievements, was an awesome buy. I'll never play it again though.

The only glitches I found were in multiplayer, where an enemy would not be able to be killed and only one of us could see him. Single player I did not see one glitch. Did you only play co-op?

I played both solo and coop. Both of them gave me numerous freezes and issues (including the one you mentioned.) I'm sure there are people who have played the entire game without encountering a single issue. Law of averages and all that.

Yes, it's an easy 200, but that doesn't excuse the fact that this game has a lot of problems and they go beyond the technical end of the spectrum.

I love your guides by the way. :)

I played both solo and coop. Both of them gave me numerous freezes and issues (including the one you mentioned.) I'm sure there are people who have played the entire game without encountering a single issue. Law of averages and all that.

Yes, it's an easy 200, but that doesn't excuse the fact that this game has a lot of problems and they go beyond the technical end of the spectrum.

I love your guides by the way. :)

Hopefully you also downloaded Xmen to make up for it. And thanks ;)

I didn't experience any issues in one playthrough.

You must have gotten particularly unlucky to have such a bad experience, and are probably expecting a bit much for 160 MS points.

I appreciate having a bad experience puts you off but honestly this game isn't that bad, and represents decent value for the price.

The regular price for this game is 800 points. My experience aside, this is a poorly made game for that price.

However, my saying 160 points was still a ripoff is just a minor embellishment to stress how unhappy I am with the wasted potential and messy programming this game turned out to have. The sale is over, and the game is back to full price. There is NO good reason to purchase this game for 800 points unless you hate enjoying yourself and love throwing money away.

The regular price for this game is 800 points. My experience aside, this is a poorly made game for that price.

However, my saying 160 points was still a ripoff is just a minor embellishment to stress how unhappy I am with the wasted potential and messy programming this game turned out to have. The sale is over, and the game is back to full price. There is NO good reason to purchase this game for 800 points unless you hate enjoying yourself and love throwing money away.

So youre telling me you rather have a picture pack then have arcade game you can play ?? :L kindda stupid if you ask me

I had no problems unlocking the avatar awards or gamerpictures, nor did I encounter any game-breaking glitches or bugs. For a game with easy achievements, okay gameplay, avatar awards, and a price of 160 Microsoft Points, it was considered a steal.

Now that it's priced at 800 Microsoft Points, though, I don't think it's worth it. Unless you prefer button-mashing games with mediocre humor or if you're a complete avatar awards junkie.

I am dead serious. I'm sure some will disagree and try to validate their purchase, but be honest with yourself. This game is a glitchy, sluggish mess.

It freezes, it corrupts, achievements and avatar awards glitch or don't unlock at all. The gameplay is some of the most tedious button molesting I've ever engaged in. Maybe if the developers play-tested this monstrosity before vomiting it up onto the marketplace, it might have been more bearable. (Or perhaps a patch to fix the numerous technical issues?)

This game's only two saving graces are the music at the main menu, and the dialogue throughout. I'll admit both of these things are pretty awesome, but not awesome enough to rescue this train wreck from being a train wreck.

Please, do yourself a favor and do not get this game. I bought it at an obscene discount of 160 MS points and I STILL feel ripped off.

I have never had this game freeze, corrupt, or glitch on me once. The gameplay is no more tedious than xmen arcade, castle crashers, or TMNT.

You just had some bad experience with it and are making a personal rant, not a real review.

Yeah, you're right. I'm the only one this has happened to and this isn't really a review so much as an isolated rant. Why don't we ignore all of the topics posted on the forum complaining of glitches and save corruption. Everything is hunky-dory and this game is just pretty well of the same quality and experience one would find in Castle Crashers or X-Men arcade.

So the sky, is it supposed to be pink in your world. Or would you say something doesn't feel right?

[Edit]

Actually, you know what? My sarcasm was uncalled for. I have come to realize that it's normal for a game's forum to have topics about glitches, freezes and corruption OUTNUMBER unrelated topics.

I'm an idiot and clearly don't know what I'm talking about. Please ignore this topic and pay ten dollars for this gem.

Go on. It's totally worth it.

Edited by PaleVoyager

Finished this game on 4 different accounts and not had a single problem, everything has unlocked as and when it should have everytime. Not the greatest game ever made but then i did only pay 160msp for it and have had more than my moneys worth out of it.

• 4 weeks later...

"Please ignore this topic and pay ten dollars for this gem."

Nah, Ill pay two dollars, complete co-op without any glitches, and start mopping up the remaining cheeves I didn't get yet in a few days, and consider it $2 decently spent and move on with my life afterwards...You really should chill out some...

• 2 weeks later...

I had no freezing or achievement unlocking problems yet. And I did co-op local many times. Maybe it's just an online co-op thing?

Yes the controls and response is sluggish but it's a game that isn't meant to have high replay value. 2 playthroughs and you're done pretty much. Kinda like Xmen, Double Dragon, Final Fight.. they are just beat'em ups with not much to do afterwards..

I thought it was a somewhat enjoyable 200. I mean, had to have been a better experience than your 1000 in Deadly Premonition!??

I took it as an easy game to complete, not much more than that. So for the price, based on achievements, was an awesome buy. I'll never play it again though.

The only glitches I found were in multiplayer, where an enemy would not be able to be killed and only one of us could see him. Single player I did not see one glitch. Did you only play co-op?

WOAH!

I have a 1000 for Deadly Premonition and enjoyed every minute of it. Amazing game, best story this generation!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game has frozen on me twice already, one time during a save screen at the end of a level (which thank God didn't corrupt my save), and the other exactly as my 75k survival achievement was unlocking (luckily, I still got it). However, even with the glitches I had a blast playing this with my friend.

The game has frozen on me twice already, one time during a save screen at the end of a level (which thank God didn't corrupt my save), and the other exactly as my 75k survival achievement was unlocking (luckily, I still got it). However, even with the glitches I had a blast playing this with my friend.

Sorry dude, you're lying. Obviously this game has no flaws or glitches. You're just being a troll. :V

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
If you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all!

I come back after nearly a year, and the front page of this game's forum has the word "glitch" or mention of a function not working in almost every topic. What's the point of only saying nice things? It doesn't make problems go away, and it doesn't stop people from wasting their money on badly-made games like this. I DON'T hate Unbound Saga. It had potential, but that potential was squandered by lazy QA and a lack of devotion to patching their messy product.

Edited by PaleVoyager

• 2 months later...

Got it last year at 160 pts... i tough it was a bug first... i mean a game that is usually 800... at 160? Haven't played it til tonigh.... and to be honest, sure it won't win any awards but its an ok game... For 160 its a steal... i would say its worth 400...

Some controls are a bit "weird" as i would had put X for punches, for the moment i always end up throwing everybody since im used to X being the main punch button in other games... Also maybe picking ennemies and weapons should had be the same button...

But those are minor details... honestly the game is what i expect for a button mashing beat em up arcade game.... Whats 160 pts? 2$... so well...

PS : you DO NEED to replay Superman 64... even if its only to punish you for saying another game could be that crappy

• 10 months later...