If you're wondering why you didn't get an event ribbon...

lifeexpectancy

Poor programming? Or developer lazyness  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Poor programming? Or developer lazyness

• Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements.
    • Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events.

I've only just started playing this game since having like a six month break, and this news makes me sad. I have 14 events to go, and god knows whether I'll get that before Judgment comes out, I hope they carry on the Gears 3 events

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only just started playing this game since having like a six month break, and this news makes me sad. I have 14 events to go, and god knows whether I'll get that before Judgment comes out, I hope they carry on the Gears 3 events

I hope they do too man, your sake and others like you. Unless they set up some type of auto-rotation and let it run (which so far they've acted like they can't even do), then I fully expect that you won't see anymore events after a 3rd full cycle. Since we're already nearly halfway through cycle 2, we're fast approaching a point where no one newly starting Gears 3 will even be able to finish it, if I'm right that is and they only do 3 full cycles.

I say fuck judgement. I am sick of epic's bullshit

WTF New event but no ribbon, what's going on i need 1 more for the achievement.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I also did not get the ribbon. I just played a game just now and no ribbon popped.

I got the game in January, so there's no way that this ribbon is a repeat for me.

Has anyone had this one pop?

Edit: Nevermind. Got it. Epic guy tweeted that he screwed up and that it's fixed now. So I tried again and got it.

Edited by rickr304

Event #39 (repeat of event 5): Shotguns And Snipers --- June 11 - 18

Event #40 (repeat of event 6): Assassination ------------ June- 15 - 18

The dates for event #39 and #40 overlap. Event #40 started on June 14.

June 14th:

Peter Knepley ‏@PeteNub "The Jury" is joining "The Judge" this ‪#GearsWeekend, it's all live now, go get it

June 14th:

Peter Knepley ‏@PeteNub @RoxC2011 had to reset the ribbon cycle so we're back in 6th week, if you already played that week it won't count. Clear as mud, right?

You don't have to play a certain playlist do you I played warzone tdm and force multiplayer and didn't get a ribbon I may have it already cuz I was playing heavily around thanksgiving but soon after is when I fell off

You don't have to play a certain playlist do you I played warzone tdm and force multiplayer and didn't get a ribbon I may have it already cuz I was playing heavily around thanksgiving but soon after is when I fell off

As stated in the OP, you can play any standard matchmaking gametype you want. I played Warzone for all 25 of mine. You probably got this event the first time around.

There better be a third cycle as I should hit 30 during the last event of the cycle. Didn't start playing until event 31 from cycle 1 and played 7 different events in between until now. So I have to get 23 from the remaining 25 from which I definitely have 2 of (according to dates of unlocked achievements).

There better be a third cycle as I should hit 30 during the last event of the cycle. Didn't start playing until event 31 from cycle 1 and played 7 different events in between until now. So I have to get 23 from the remaining 25 from which I definitely have 2 of (according to dates of unlocked achievements).

I truly hope there is a third cycle, but it's almost incomprehensible to see those lazy bastards doing it.