Possible glitch to master track lap times!!!

bmcclure25

Got this off of the ps3 achievement website...apparently if you're having trouble beating the lap time on a track to master the track, you can do the following and it works...at least it does on ps3, I sure hope it does on xbox too, because I cannot for the life of me beat the 51.00 lap at Indy, that's the only track I haven't beaten the lap time on...I will definitely give this a try when I get home today!!!

Good news , good news fellows

You can do this by yourself in Split Screen Mode with 2 controllers.

1) Go to Multi-player mode and choose Split Screen.

2) Have player 2 press start and pick a driver and player 1 does the same.

3) Select Race Now

4) Pick the track you need to get under lap time.

5) Make these settings adjustments

Difficulty: Easy

Opponents: 0

Laps: 2

Tire Wear & Fuel: On

Damage: Off

Caution Flags: On

6) Start race

7) Take controller #2 and press & hold button at the drop off the green flag and player #2 will go in reverse and bring out the caution.

8) Rinse & Repeat 2 more times to end the race and in the end results you should have player #1 (PRIMARY) win the race and have a lap time of --.--.--

9) Now exit to garage & go into single player mode & select Race Now & go to the track you just boosted by yoruself & double check to see if you got your Star for getting under the required lap time (AND IT SHOULD BE THERE)

10) Now just reapeat the whole process for the rest of the tracks and you should knock this out in no time at all. After each race from now on use a spreed sheet to check off tracks completed. After you boost each race there is no need to exit to main menu , just simply select a new track from here until all have been done

Hope this helps everybody....

EDIT #1: There are reports of some short tracks that this trick does not work for , so far 2 of them are Dover & Richmond. If anybody finds that another track will not work by doing this trick please post it & I'll update this post to help others. But be honest & give it a fair chance for the trick to work before posting that it doesn't.

EDIT #2: I went back through every track on a different account for you guys to be sure of what would work & what wouldn't , so this list is my what I've come up with thus far... Imput in still welcomed.

Credit for helping in confriming tracks so far goes to...

1)nascargo19

Tracks this trick will not work on.

1)Dover

2)Richmond (this one is glitchy because I eventually got it to work , not sure how)

3)Bristol Day Track

4)Bristol Night Track

This exploit was posted before by 1001puppys, but the extra confirmation helps I am sure, thanks. (I am not being sarcastic):)

He posted something similar, but not the same....what he posted was how to master the first 5 items on the track card, but he hadn't posted anything about how to master the track lap time, which is what I posted!!!

Either way.... Isn't this considered the hardest part in the game? Mastering all tracks, specifically the insane lap times? Now I'm not so worried about getting the full 1000 on this game.

Not sure how hard they are, but I did manage to play a friends copy for a total of 15 mins and did Daytona (missed lap time by .53 sec) and the second race, California and beat the time by .10 sec.

This exploit was posted before by 1001puppys, but the extra confirmation helps I am sure, thanks. (I am not being sarcastic):)

Didn't even see this post, I am glad you were looking out for me! Yes i did sort of find this glitch before.

He posted something similar, but not the same....what he posted was how to master the first 5 items on the track card, but he hadn't posted anything about how to master the track lap time, which is what I posted!!!

Actually I did. it is posted in this forum HERE, about 6 posts down... I posted it on April 7th. However I was doing this in career mode, so I could not get some tracks to work.

Your method works bmc, and you will get some credit in the guide when I add it because you found that it CAN work on almost every track.

I also have a theory as to why the short tracks are not working... If I can confirm it, I will post it.

EDIT: I could not get this trick to work on the following tracks: (I already have Richmond and Bristol, cannot confirm but I am sure you're correct.)

Dover

Las Vegas

Atlanta (DAY AND NIGHT)

New Hampshire

My myth was that your total time (usually around 1:45.00 or so) divided by total laps (7 in the case of 2 lap races) would equal your lap time. However, my average lap for NH was 23 seconds, well below the time, and did not unlock the lap time. This voided my theory as i tried it 3 times and it didn't work.

Edited by Puppys

does anyone knw a trick or a way to master the lap times at kasas, chicagoland, and dover? those r the only 3 i need

The posted method helped me with Kansas and Chicago, are you sure you are doing this as fast as possible (ie immediately causing cautions, no pitting, and chosing the leader's lane as well)?

For Dover, try accelerating in the corners just a little and hammer it coming off the corner. If you do some mid-acceleration through the turns it will help you avoid hitting the wall. Dover's lap time took me a good 25 laps to do but I did it with the default setup.

I need help with Las Vegas personally, I cannot hit 30 flat and I have tried the above method 5 times on this track with no luck :(

Well as stated in the other thread, I was able to get the achievement. AS for your problems with those two tracks, IDK... I am doing it as fast as possible... hammer LT with your player two, don't pit, and select the lane (inside/outside) for your primary player and do this three times. make sure your laps are set to 2.

just tryed it it works got my achievement for "SURFIN USA" cause i was having the same problem as you i couldnt run indy under 51.00 i was gettin 52.13 was my best time thanks for posting this any tips on how to finish 1st in the first gaunlet race at pheonix any help would be appreciated

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...