Achievements Discussion

g4m3r7ag

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k, heres 1000 gamerpoints in under an hour, easiest game 2 get all of them in:

there are five achievements: get a triple-double, get 20 rebounds with one player, score 15 3-pointers with one player, get 140 points in one game, and score 50 points w/ a player.

Ok, to start off, on the team select screen press Y and choose difficulty: Rookie, speed: fast, quarter length: 12 minutes, and turn energy and injuries off.

Pick the Western All-Stars and make your opponents the Raptors. Make your line-up:

PG-Steve Nash

SG-Tracy McGrady

SF-Kevin Garnett

PF-Tim Duncan

C-Yao Ming

As soon as the game starts press pause, and in settings, find where u can turn time-outs and substitutions to manual.

First, I went for 50 points and 15 3-pointers with steve nash: i think hes the best 3-point shooter in the game, hes my favorite player. Just take the ball up the court and shoot from behind the 3-point line. make sure that before u shoot with nash, pass it to yao ming, and then back to nash to shoot. this will help u get the triple double later in the game.

Once you have made 15 3-pointers with Steve Nash, make a few more baskets to get 50 points with him.

Now, the reason I had u pass it to yao and then back to nash was so he yao would gain assists. in case u dont no, a triple double is when u get double digit numbers in three categories (assists, rebounds, and points). You should already have more than 10 assists, so now start going for 10 rebounds. Just plant yaos feet under the basket and wait for the raptors to shoot. theres no need to block, theyll miss a lot more than theyll make. When youre on offense, give the ball to yao to score until he has 10 points.

Once you have at least 10 rebounds, assists, and points with yao, its time to go for 20 rebounds. use the same strategy as before- just put him under the basket and press Y when the raptors miss the shot. When you're on offense, give the ball to steve nash and shoot 3-pointers.

Ok, now I had plenty of time left in the game to get 140 points. I just gave the ball to Nash and shot from the 3-point line until I had all 140 points.

Thanks for reading my guide. If you have any questions or didnt understand part of it, please email me at [email protected]

lol no but i used pretty much what i could remember from his. believe it or not, i used a strategy almost exactly similar to his, cept he used tim duncan for the 20 rebounds and triple double. but that was pretty much his strategy i guess, just tryin 2 make this like the .com forums as much as possible and help ppl out with stuff. and no, i didnt copy and paste it, i wouldnt waste my time tryin to get on the .com website.

that sounds exactly like the one groux made in the old forums, you just copied and pasted and took credit for it didnt you

You're one to talk g4m3r7ag!

I know for sure you copied and pasted because I made a typo and left out the T in event in the second sentence.

It's cool though. Just thought I'd point out your hypocrisy...

I did this would like to let you know it worked great

i thought i was going to run out of time for the 140 point one but i ended up haveing 6 extra minute

thanks for your help

I got everything in my first game except for the 20 rebounds. I had 19 for the last 2:35 with Ben Wallace. had to do everything again but its the easiest game to get them. it should take about an hour for all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
nash keeps missing the 3 ptrs, this isnt easy if u have never played a basketball videogame ever

EDIT: nevermind, this is easy, i didnt even get 140 pts, and it gave me that achievement anyway lol

All you needed to do was play a match that was 12 minutes each quarter, that way you would have had plenty of time to get 15 3-pointers in.

And haha, you lucky devil. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the middle of a game right now, but i've gotten 50 pts with nash and havent gotten the achivement. I also think i got 15 3 pnters and i didnt get that achievment either. Do they come instantly after doing things or at the end of the game?