Fenix Rising Achievement Guide + ALL 132 Combat Ribbons Guide

madmanRAB

Hey guys, here is video guide on how to get all the achievements in the third DLC instalment of Gears of War 3. This even includes how to get ALL the 132 Combat Ribbons necessary to get one of the achievements. Thanks for watching and please subscribe for more. If you like my videos please do thumbs up I really appreciate it, madmanRAB

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VMj9bT3rWU][Guide] Fenix Rising Achievement Guide + ALL 132 Combat Ribbons Guide - Gears Of War 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Fenix Rising Achievements:

Now They Begin to Understand (20 GS) – Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps.

Defending the Past (25 GS) – Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps.

Come to Poppa (15 GS) – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode).

Locust, Forever (15 GS) – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode).

Time to Re-up (50 GS) – Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty.

Again! (50 GS) – Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty.

I’ve Done it All! (75 GS) – Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons.

New Informatin has come to my attention:

1) 'Come To Poppa' and 'Locust, Forever' can be done in private match which makes them alot easier

2) If you are close to Seriously 3.0 DO NOT re-up until you get your achievement. When you re-up you will lose your Level 100 status and will have to earn your rank again before the game gives you your achievement. Thats very bad programming on Epics behalf so just be careful guys. All the best, madmanRAB

Edited by madmanRAB

damn 45 mins.

also found out im missing more ribbons then i thought thanks to the ingame stats...

will use this after im done with wingman

Thanks man hope its useful to you :woop:

yeah 45 minutes but 40 of those minutes are going though the ribbons one by one so you can really just skip through it to find what you want lol :p

For the ole! ribbon, you don't need frags you can use smoke grenades. It counts if you do it any part of the animation for the retro charge, so you can actually stand behind them and hit them in the back with it the instant they start charging.

For trick shot, shooting a meatshield in the head will also kill the person holding them, so that gets you the medal also, a bit easier if you want to get it legit.

Thanks for the guide, I multitasked through the whole video pausing and then doing them and then returning back to the video. Very enlightened on how to do the 13 I have left to do now.

Although being able to do them is a different story, attempting to find and swollow a grenade before being shot to death with a wild ticker isn't the easiest task to do! :(

2) If you are close to Seriously 3.0 DO NOT re-up until you get your achievement. When you re-up you will lose your Level 100 status and will have to earn your rank again before the game gives you your achievement. Thats very bad programming on Epics behalf so just be careful guys. All the best, madmanRAB

Rod Fagison's idea no doubt.

Not a very good guide imo, you really coulda saved yourself 40 minutes and just said "boost for the hard ones since i don't know a good strategy"

Your entitled to your opinion, i respect that. I disagree though saying i dont know good strategy. For most people they are only missing like 6 or 7 ribbons (like no smoking, special delivery etc) so i made a video for them. For the ribbons in general i point people in the right direction of gametype, campaign chapter, wave of beast etc. I know this will help a fair few people (i see no other combat ribbon guide on youtube?). If this hasnt helped you i'm afraid thats too bad, not everyone knows how to get all the ribbons like yourself. All the best, madmanRAB

Thanks for the guide, I multitasked through the whole video pausing and then doing them and then returning back to the video. Very enlightened on how to do the 13 I have left to do now.

Although being able to do them is a different story, attempting to find and swollow a grenade before being shot to death with a wild ticker isn't the easiest task to do! :(

easiest way to do that is to preferably do it with 3 of you one person gets to unlock the grenadier then as he's throwing the grenade (pressing LT) you can go up next to him and press X then just get the other two to distract the COG and kill the ones on a turret because there stood still and cant jump out the way, thats how i did it :)

Your entitled to your opinion, i respect that. I disagree though saying i dont know good strategy. For most people they are only missing like 6 or 7 ribbons (like no smoking, special delivery etc) so i made a video for them. For the ribbons in general i point people in the right direction of gametype, campaign chapter, wave of beast etc. I know this will help a fair few people (i see no other combat ribbon guide on youtube?). If this hasnt helped you i'm afraid thats too bad, not everyone knows how to get all the ribbons like yourself. All the best, madmanRAB

No i don't know the best strategies to get all the ribbons (reason i looked at this thread) i just dislike it when so called guides use the boosting method as a crutch when they lack a real strategy.

easiest way to do that is to preferably do it with 3 of you one person gets to unlock the grenadier then as he's throwing the grenade (pressing LT) you can go up next to him and press X then just get the other two to distract the COG and kill the ones on a turret because there stood still and cant jump out the way, thats how i did it :)

I disagree, having someone just plant a nade for you is much easier. For me i used a second controller and leveled the guest up till he could use the grenadier and planted a frag, then i went on my main and gobbled it up with the wild ticker then sat next to a regular cog.

i just dislike it when so called guides use the boosting method as a crutch when they lack a real strategy.

I understand your point entirely but in all fairness, without boosting, how can i give you a reliable strategy to do something when you are 100% relying on an enemy to for example, stand next to the grenade they planted to kill them ?

I got my level 100, played about 600 matches, and then i got that legit.. bit of a long time to get a single ribbon without boosting ? Thats the only reason i tell people to boost them.. to save you lots of time :)

I didn't need to use this guide as all I'm missing is the kantus revive ribbon, but I still have to say great job!

I have used your guides for the previous dlcs and I feel like I don't say thanks enough. You're guides are great and keep up the good work brother :)

Thank you, I dont expect people to watch all the ribbon guide but just skip to the part they need lol ;) I appreciate you using all my guides i'm glad you find them useful. I will of course have a DLC4 guide when its out :p and theres more things on my channel if your interested. All the best, madmanRAB

I would add that one Kantus ribbon is for Healing 4 teammates at once. The other is for Reviving 3 teammates. Not the same thing. The first one, your teammate is just damaged the other your teammate is dead.

Good job on the Guides, I have used several.

Regarding the kantus ones i dont know how i overlooked the actual description of revive, heal :eek: when i got those ribbons however, i done the same thing for both to get them.. I got 4 friends down and revived them (even though it says heal ie damaged not down) i still got the ribbon. then next round i got a friend not spawn, got the other 3 down and revived them for the other ribbon :woop:

• 2 weeks later...

No matter how many times I try, I can't get the So Close ribbon lol I've tried using 2 controllers and it just won't unlock. What am I doing wrong? I wait until right as the crouch + Tap A disappears and fire and I still can't get it. Hmm.

• 2 weeks later...