Official Rank Reset Thread

Hayden

I put this in the other threads about the reset, so I'll put it here, too:

I had my rank reset once already, but I've been careful since.

It seems that sometimes the game is autosaving, like when you back out of the character and loadout screens when you had new items to view, and I didn't notice and went to dashboard. This, of course, corrupts the auto-save resetting everything back to level 1. This happened to me in Single Player, too and the game forgot that I'd already downloaded the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer (luckily that didn't change anything in my hard save for SP).

What I think it is, is that white 'TR' logo can be tricky to spot since it's hovering on the bottom right of the screen over crashing waves with white foam.

So I've been extra careful to make sure when I dashboard that that logo is not on the screen. And I even exit Multiplayer itself back to the main menu before shutting everything down.

Hasn't reset since Sunday night and I'm knocking wood that it won't if I pay close attention. I don't know if this is the cause of the rank resets, but I know it couldn't hurt to be vigilant about it...

I have question to ppl who got reset. How much exp do you earn daily ? Maybe they will reset ppl who earn too much exp or sth :p

Nothing to do with this as people with prestige 3 already havent been reset and since the devs allowed exp to be earned in private matches, they cant punish you with a rank reset for doing so.

So our levels etc in multplayer is in our save file ? Someone tested that ? When i move to pendrive or remove it i will be again 1 lvl :D?

I don't really know actually, but it was the only thing I could think of that I, myself, was doing that might've gotten my rank reset.

Now if it happens again after I'm being careful, then it could be something else.

Because it doesn't happen to everybody, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing that might cause it, is all...

Ok i've tested i moved my profile file into my pendrive and i got 1 lvl again. After moving it back i had my lvl back so it must be it just do some backups and it will be ok i think.

Thanks for testing that, now I feel better about being cautious and hopefully I'll avoid my ranks being reset in the future.

So everyone should keep a close eye on that 'TR' logo in the bottom right as the game autosaves and let it finish before exiting the game.

Had my rank reset last night. Only part I am thankful for is that I was only around rank 25, given I have only dabbled in the MP side of the game ... but that said, was still enough to nark me off.

Leaderboards still show my rank but in game rank has been reset including characters I had unlocked now showing that I need to unlock them again and it has removed all my salvage.

Hey Ho :(

Edited by Bulldog LXXIII

Had my rank reset last night. Only part I am thankful for is that I was only around rank 25, given I have only dabbled in the MP side of the game ... but that said, was still enough to nark me off.

Leaderboards still show my rank but in game rank has been reset including characters I had unlocked now showing that I need to unlock them again and it has removed all my salvage.

Hey Ho :(

This shit is getting serious now, more and more people seem to be getting reset. I just hope I'm not or else I will give up completely, being so close to second prestige and all.

I have been playing in both Private and Public (including Ranked) matches. And yep that has included Private matches on Rescue and getting my sub 27k per match.

When I loaded TR last night I got the first time message congratulating me on my DLC content ... this as if I had only just started playing the game - and it was having seen that message which started the alarm bells ringing.

I then jumped into MP to check, to find my rank had been reset so I don't know if I did ditch a session prior to the autosave kicking in or? I am usually quite anal but?? ...As noted previously just glad I had not got to a prestige level as that would have really f***ed me off.

I like everyone else do not believe they are resetting because I am hording XP and Salvage privately ... as they have allowed this to happen, so can only assume that my save file screwed up.

Edited by Bulldog LXXIII

The reset issue has absolutely nothing to do with waiting for the game to save. I always waited till the TR logo showed up, never quit to dashboard and left my game on the main menu screen for a while before taking the disc out. I have now been reset twice. Seriously cant be arsed to start over again, not unless they do an xp event.

I have been playing in both Private and Public (including Ranked) matches. And yep that has included Private matches on Rescue and getting my sub 27k per match.

When I loaded TR last night I got the first time message congratulating me on my DLC content ... this as if I had only just started playing the game - and it was having seen that message which started the alarm bells ringing.

I then jumped into MP to check, to find my rank had been reset so I don't know if I did ditch a session prior to the autosave kicking in or? I am usually quite anal but?? ...As noted previously just glad I had not got to a prestige level as that would have really f***ed me off.

I like everyone else do not believe they are resetting because I am hording XP and Salvage privately ... as they have allowed this to happen, so can only assume that my save file screwed up.

The reset issue has absolutely nothing to do with waiting for the game to save. I always waited till the TR logo showed up, never quit to dashboard and left my game on the main menu screen for a while before taking the disc out. I have now been reset twice. Seriously cant be arsed to start over again, not unless they do an xp event.

That's really strange, don't want to start up the game at all now after seeing as these posts. Especially seeing as last night I hit P1 L50/51. :(

Do you dashboard before opening the disc tray, or do you just open it right up while the game is running?

Because I did that by accident the first time I got reset (when I'd only played Single Player) and I chalked it up to the 'TR' logo being on screen.

Perhaps it's pulling the disc before dashboarding? :/

And again, before anyone gets tampy: I'm only trying to help figure this out - I'm not saying that this is the answer.

EDIT: Just for shits 'n giggles I went into the Extras menu today to discover that all of the extras I unlocked during Single Player are now locked again. I still have all the Levels and XP I earned in Multiplayer, but the Extras menu now only has the videos unlocked.

So clearly there's something going on with the save system here other than my suggestions of not noticing the autosave and popping the disc out of the drive with the game running...

Edited by Jack Frost
Had an experience that added to the mystery. :D

just downloaded the update, and got my rank reset, I don't know if the update did it or what. also when the game started up afterwards I got the message showing that I unlocked the Gamestop tomb, & the map which already had been unlocked so I though it screwed up my SP save which luckily it didn't.