Where and how did you get your EOD Bot kill?

Tommy Gun 81

I got it first time on Operation Metro conquest. I deployed at US spawn and luckily my team had flags C and B locked down, and I drove my EOD bot all the way from spawn to B.

A firefight was happening in between B and A on the right handside facing A where the RU get stuck, and I drove up the middle turned right to flank the enemy and killed a medic from behind. I couldn't believe my luck! :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went Operation Manuel on Metro conquest that i joined had like 500 tickets left and got bored so said screw it. Laid down on the far right side coming from the RU spawn and drove it into where the ticket booth is. Saw a bunch of guys fighting towards the left side went for it failed about 3 times. The 4th i was driving towards a guy medic revived some poor dude and Manuel drove right over him for the kill.

I could do it on Wake Island. I was driving around with the buggy, as someone spotted a sniper in the rocks close to the street. I drove around it an could sneak to the sniper - planted the bot an burned his ass.... I believe he was looking through the visor because he made no intention to move, look around or something...

Two days ago, Grand Bazaar Conqeust. A lovely Canadian fellow by the name of carefreefrancis saw me coming and jumped up and down to let me know he wouldn't shoot then stood still as I torched him. Sent him a message with many thanks.

I was kinda gutted because I've already got like five kills with it legit, before CQ came out but for the life of me I couldn't get one!

I went Operation Manuel on Metro conquest that i joined had like 500 tickets left and got bored so said screw it. Laid down on the far right side coming from the RU spawn and drove it into where the ticket booth is. Saw a bunch of guys fighting towards the left side went for it failed about 3 times. The 4th i was driving towards a guy medic revived some poor dude and Manuel drove right over him for the kill.

Except roadkills dont count for the assignment.

I'd have had it done by now if the bot didnt disintergrate if you drive into the back of a stationary tank at anything other than tortoise pace..:rolleyes:

After wasting an entire Conquest round on Wake Island chasing the enemy team with my EOD bot, I killed a camping sniper in the building the overlooks A2 on Seine Crossing, I actually managed two kills in that game with my EOD..

After wasting an entire Conquest round on Wake Island chasing the enemy team with my EOD bot, I killed a camping sniper in the building the overlooks A2 on Seine Crossing, I actually managed two kills in that game with my EOD..

Very nice. I got two kills as well when going for the assignment. Sometimes a game does not cater to trolling other times it does!

I tried Sniper chasing and wasn't having any luck, so I figured I'd camp w/ the Bot near high traffic areas. Tried a couple times on Caspian Borders on A and C. Then when playing Donya Fortress I put it in a corner above C and waited for a dummy. He ended up laying down damn near on top of the eod bot.

I tried Sniper chasing and wasn't having any luck, so I figured I'd camp w/ the Bot near high traffic areas. Tried a couple times on Caspian Borders on A and C. Then when playing Donya Fortress I put it in a corner above C and waited for a dummy. He ended up laying down damn near on top of the eod bot.

nice congrats.

i hoping to be lucky like that 2. i actually got stuck up a wall, i could back out. happen to be in a container with the mcon. i was spotting all day, but no one would come in and just sit in the corner.

funny this is twice today i had the opportunity to get this. spawn right behind someone twice. what did i do? shot them both, then smacked myself in the head.

finally.

playing rush as attacker on metro.

after getting B right off the bat, i decided to try to get this kill.

several tries later, i went up the left side, past A. hugging the wall. Didnt see him at first, just heard him shooting his sniper. someone spawnd on him, i stopped. the spawner didnt see me. sniper was actually standing up facing me (so i wasnt coming up behind him), guess he was too focuses on shooting. he moved very little, and I could of swown I heard the beep beep beep of a t-uhg. i krept slowly, got to him and for a second forgot what buttom to press. picked the right one, he started twitching and went to ground, i didnt let go, he died. I tried to get a 2nd one, but someone spawn on him and I was noticed.

Got my mtar and 10 kills later got the chieve for killing 10 peeps will all these dlc weapons.

It's difficult to drive even in 3P and use even in 1P. Too close to enemy vehicle it breaks, people paying any attention are difficult to torch. If the people are running around, most players might as well forget controlling it. Dropping it behind somebody not paying attention and using it without moving it is the easiest, if you can find that situation.

So if you don't have the kill yet, try this. Rush defender map with vehicles, attacker jeeps (or fast moving/likely already damaged tanks) work best. Spawn in with mines and explosive perk, put the mines where nobody will probably drive over them for a few minutes but probably will after that. When you die/suicide/pick up a kit with an EOD bot, deploy the bot and switch to it in a place you can hang out a few minutes without getting killed and where the bot won't be destroyed. (An ammo pack on you in case you ruin the bot (like by driving it over a piece of wood or destroyed aircraft parts) can be helpful.) Wait. If anyone dies from your mines while you're in control of the bot driving it counts as a kill.

If it doesn't work that time for those objectives, try it again. If you suck at mine placement, it's good practice for that too, and if you've got an ammo pack there, you can even practice driving the bot in case you want to try and torch a person/vehicle while you're waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this was going to be a royal pain in the ass, however managed to get this on my second attempt. Struggled to control johnny 5 at first and found that whilst it could negotiate stairs without breaking a sweat, found that the smallest pebble could send it spinning out of control!

My team were defending the first 2 m-coms on op firestorm, I parked johnny next to B and within no time victim A and B came to arm. They hadn't noticed my bot and I fried their buts. Sweet double kill, and got m-com defense bonus too :)

They quickly wised up to my antics though :(

• 3 weeks later...
I managed to get an EOD kill on Firestorm. Rolled up behind a sniper and bzzzzt! Unfortunately, I did it before unlocking the assignment and haven't managed to do it again since!

Really annoys me that the bot gets destroyed so easily, especially when going near a vehicle.

Firestorm for me too. I owe a thanks to Violet (I3east Lig3r) for sitting still and allowing Wall-E to do it's job.

Yah!! I absolutely HATE the EOD bot, can't steer it worth shit. Whenever I finally managed to sneak one up to a tank never manage to stop it completely dead, so as I start to get damage on the tank it drifts forward a slight bit *TAP* *BOOM* no more EOD bot. :(

After a few instances like that I gave up until Mr. I3east was willing to assist. Now I finally have all those assignments done.

I think the new patch nerfed it's health along with the MAV's, both seem to die instantly now.

I was gutted I didn't quite get my EOD bot kill legit. Some guy stood still for me and let me do my thing. I already had 7 kills with it but for the life of me when I NEEDED to get one I couldn't. Sod's law.

Speaking of which though, whenever I see one rolling around now I'm more than happy to stand still and let someone get that assignment out of the way. Unless you've got gealt, Noodle or anyone else in your squad and they spawn on you and destroy it 3 times running...

I think the new patch nerfed it's health along with the MAV's, both seem to die instantly now.

I was gutted I didn't quite get my EOD bot kill legit. Some guy stood still for me and let me do my thing. I already had 7 kills with it but for the life of me when I NEEDED to get one I couldn't. Sod's law.

Speaking of which though, whenever I see one rolling around now I'm more than happy to stand still and let someone get that assignment out of the way. Unless you've got gealt, Noodle or anyone else in your squad and they spawn on you and destroy it 3 times running...

How nice of you.

I'm cruel. I kill Wall-E whenever he shows his stupid, square head.

I got mine in a game on Metro. Took me 3 tries I think, before I was able to sneak around behind a large group of enemies and inch my way forward to light some dude's ass on fire.