to anyone thats played the retail for a few hours

Suki

It feels like the same for me, I'm having a problem on one of the rival races. I'm playing on medium difficulty and can't seem to get passed the rival. This guy has a Toyota NFS edition ( Can't remember car name ) and is fast as shit. I can't seem to get enough speed to catch up to him even if I'm perfecting the turns. It's like they want me to cut the grass just to pass him. The only way I've won is by wreckin him and pulling away.

It feels more like NFS:Hot Pursuit combined with NFS:Shift to me. It has a bit of the "catch up AI" like most nfs titles, basically the opposite of Forza or Gran Turismo. It's not entirely realistic, obviously, and a lot of times races end like they did on Hot Pursuit where you end up winning by a few feet at the very end while being behind for the entire race.

At any rate, to answer your question very directly - it's not nearly as hateful as Shift 1 was, but a lot of times you have to play perfectly to keep your rival in sight and you'll get your chance to pass as you near the end. It's a very fun game, I've been playing it and enjoying it quite a bit today.

Trial car:

Complete and utter garbage. Oversteering, all over the track, absolute trash. If I could have gotten my money back, at this point, I would have.

First car (BMW):

A little better, but still the same thing.

EA spent WAY too much time and money on "consultants" here and not enough time and money on keeping the game entertaining and fun. Add to that the failed 'autolog' project, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Sadly, this is going to be my last NFS purchase, and I've played the game for probably 8, 9 years.The last HP really pissed me off, and what with this garbage, I'm done with the franchise. EA really knows how to kill a product.

Trial car:

Complete and utter garbage. Oversteering, all over the track, absolute trash. If I could have gotten my money back, at this point, I would have.

First car (BMW):

A little better, but still the same thing.

EA spent WAY too much time and money on "consultants" here and not enough time and money on keeping the game entertaining and fun. Add to that the failed 'autolog' project, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Sadly, this is going to be my last NFS purchase, and I've played the game for probably 8, 9 years.The last HP really pissed me off, and what with this garbage, I'm done with the franchise. EA really knows how to kill a product.

Let me get this straight you didn't like NFSHP and you don't like this? That's a shame but that's your opinion! I have GT5, Forza3 and this is better then both of them! But that's my opinion lol

Let me get this straight you didn't like NFSHP and you don't like this?

The last game I thoroughly "enjoyed" in this franchise was Shift. HP was a joke and it's been sitting on my shelf for months. Shift 2, while I'm warming up to it, they're just trying far too hard to be "realistic". This is a game, it's not reality. Add that to the failed autolog joke and , well, there's no end to the insanity of EA.

The last game I thoroughly "enjoyed" in this franchise was Shift. HP was a joke and it's been sitting on my shelf for months. Shift 2, while I'm warming up to it, they're just trying far too hard to be "realistic". This is a game, it's not reality. Add that to the failed autolog joke and , well, there's no end to the insanity of EA.

Yeah HP was an arcade racer but I loved it! Done away with all the "Max Power" reading twats! Here is a super car use it, "but I want a Saxo" USE IT lol. I have been playing for over 14 hours now and for me to say it's better then GT5 is a big shout! They made it a Sim because that's what people want and they had to to challenge Forza on this which they have!

What's your beef with autolog? It's genius! You are the first person I have ever heard with a bad word to say about it lol

What's your beef with autolog? It's genius! You are the first person I have ever heard with a bad word to say about it lol

#1: It requires an active connection to EA's external sites. So, if they go down, you're hosed. If your internet connection goes down, you're hosed. If EA decides "hey, we're going to shut this server down and not bring it back up", you're hosed. Don't laugh, they HAVE shut "online servers" down before.

#2: It interrupts the XBox connection. This happens with ALL EA games, because they do this with virtually every one of them. So, let's say you're downloading an arcade game, or a movie in the background. Your download is at the mercy of EA and their connection manipulation. I've seen it done countless times before.

When HP was first released (when AL was introduced), there were so many issues with Autolog that I had about a 1/5 chance of actually being able to play the game. EA blamed everything but their own servers and code (which it turned out being), insisting the problem was 100% on the user. This is proof enough that they have no clue what they're doing with this system.

In theory , this is good, but not everyone wants to "opt in" to a system like this. Personally, I don't want my "friends" seeing what my times are, my scores are. They have no need to do so, or no right to do so. Unfortunately, EA sees this differently.

Autolog turns this series from a relaxed, enjoyable racing game to a straight on competition, and I don't want, or need that. Like I said, my "friends" don't need to know my scores on whatever track they're on, my "friends" don't need to try to beat me. If I want to play online, I'll play online, otherwise, leave me the hell alone.

#1: It requires an active connection to EA's external sites. So, if they go down, you're hosed. If your internet connection goes down, you're hosed. If EA decides "hey, we're going to shut this server down and not bring it back up", you're hosed. Don't laugh, they HAVE shut "online servers" down before.

#2: It interrupts the XBox connection. This happens with ALL EA games, because they do this with virtually every one of them. So, let's say you're downloading an arcade game, or a movie in the background. Your download is at the mercy of EA and their connection manipulation. I've seen it done countless times before.

When HP was first released (when AL was introduced), there were so many issues with Autolog that I had about a 1/5 chance of actually being able to play the game. EA blamed everything but their own servers and code (which it turned out being), insisting the problem was 100% on the user. This is proof enough that they have no clue what they're doing with this system.

In theory , this is good, but not everyone wants to "opt in" to a system like this. Personally, I don't want my "friends" seeing what my times are, my scores are. They have no need to do so, or no right to do so. Unfortunately, EA sees this differently.

Autolog turns this series from a relaxed, enjoyable racing game to a straight on competition, and I don't want, or need that. Like I said, my "friends" don't need to know my scores on whatever track they're on, my "friends" don't need to try to beat me. If I want to play online, I'll play online, otherwise, leave me the hell alone.

Fair play if that's how you feel! I have never had a problem due to auto log and I think it improves the longevity of the game as you get to try to beat your friends times or vice versa. Maybe your taking it a little to seriously?

Fair play if that's how you feel! I have never had a problem due to auto log and I think it improves the longevity of the game as you get to try to beat your friends times or vice versa. Maybe your taking it a little to seriously?

Actually, it's the other way around. If you've got nothing to do but "try to beat your friends", or vice versa then you're the one taking it too seriously. I'm a casual gamer, and I don't give a shit what my friends top scores are, nor should they mine. This isn't about beating your friends, it's about a casual, relaxed environment. I don't need friends constantly trying to beat my score, or rubbing it in my face that they're "better" than I am. This defeats the purpose of casual gaming.

Actually, it's the other way around. If you've got nothing to do but "try to beat your friends", or vice versa then you're the one taking it too seriously. I'm a casual gamer, and I don't give a shit what my friends top scores are, nor should they mine. This isn't about beating your friends, it's about a casual, relaxed environment. I don't need friends constantly trying to beat my score, or rubbing it in my face that they're "better" than I am. This defeats the purpose of casual gaming.

I think anyone reading this including myself will make a conclusion on this conversation lol

Actually there's a 3rd:

Stop buying products that force you to compare scores with other players. Right now, there's only a handful that do this, and believe me, I'm keeping a good eye on the list.

Like I said earlier, this will be my final NFS purchase, for that and other reasons. It's not about "get good", it's about being able to enjoy the game. I'm good enough for me, and that's all that matters.

Edited by twhiting9275

i loved shift 1 but it all went wrong for me when i got to race the fastest cars they were undrivable with horrendous understeer and oversteer changing direction at speed seemed impossible and frustrating, so i need to know that shift 2 has fixed this can anyone confirm.

You need to go in and change the settings to fix this problem for shift 1.....

Steering Dead Zone-15%

Accel Dead Zone-10%

Brake Dead Zone-10%

Steering sensitivity-5%

Acell Sensitivity -5%

Brake sensitivity-5%

Speed steering Sensitivity 100%

Plus Change the difficulty to EASY if your still having trouble.

Edited by ccclxadct10
Missed info