Missing characters

As much as i like this game it does annoy me when racing or fighting games remove characters in the next installment. Im not sure how many are missing but from what i can find billy hatcher, the chu chus, zombio and zombica, Big the cat(yes!!), virtua fighter duo(forget name), alex kid, banjo and kazooie and opa opa are not in this game (correct me if im wrong im not too far into the game to be 100% sure). It still a good game but i dont understand why they could not at least have put a few more of these back in instead of doin clone characters like reala, pudding, gum and meemee whos cars look very similar to main character from there games. At least give me the chu chus bk in exchange for danica patrick.. please sega :(

As much as i like this game it does annoy me when racing or fighting games remove characters in the next installment. Im not sure how many are missing but from what i can find billy hatcher, the chu chus, zombio and zombica, Big the cat(yes!!), virtua fighter duo(forget name), alex kid, banjo and kazooie and opa opa are not in this game (correct me if im wrong im not too far into the game to be 100% sure). It still a good game but i dont understand why they could not at least have put a few more of these back in instead of doin clone characters like reala, pudding, gum and meemee whos cars look very similar to main character from there games. At least give me the chu chus bk in exchange for danica patrick.. please sega :(

I'm in total agreement some of the characters from the previous game were brilliant, but I guess sega wanted to replace those with new ones.

Like it says in the title: "Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed". Not Sonic & Sega.

http://gamercard.zaamit.com/s2k11/grooselog.jpg

Edited by grooselog

I don't have a problem with the new roster, but all sega had to do was keep the original roster then just add the new roster and potentially this game would have been the best out of the two.

The problem that I have is I prefer the previous incarnation. It's no where near as hard, personally I prefer the roster, ranking up the licence was far easier to understand and all round I found it more enjoyable.

I also think the first games roster was better. I think it was good to cut out Virtua Fighter & Ryo Hayabuza since they didn't really fit the style of the game in my opinion and Big the cat, because Big the cat is shit and no one likes Big the Cat (Damn I hate his fishing missions in Sonic Adventure).

Good additions are definately Nights, Guilius and Joe Musashi.

Chu Chus, Billy Hatcher and Alex Kidd should really been kept in there.

Also would like to see Toejam & Earl, Chuck D. Head and Ristar.

What's sad is that ToeJam & Earl were considered for the first one, but the rights couldn't be purchased in time. Also considered was Nei from Phantasy Star II, and if any Sega franchise needs some representation in their "Superstars/All Stars" series, it's Phantasy Star.

However, I was inspired by this game as one of personal favourites in this game is joe musashi it really made me want to play one of the shinobi games so I went and downloaded svc collection: Alex Kidd & co which has revenge of shinobi in it. ( oh childhood memories of games like these you couldn't complete because of no save storage)!:confused:

Revenge of shinobi. Best game ever. I felt the stage was a bit crap though. But yeah joe, vyse, gum and ages were some badass characters. But i still felt the roster was lacking.

For instance pudding, mii mii the monkey, gum and reala. Were they really needed? You get rid of a unique character like let's say billy hatcher for a clone? Very weak.

Secondly considering the amount of characters Sega actually own we really missed out on some goodies. (I'm still a little sore about losing Ryo Hazuki tbh) Imagine Kazuya from yakuza in a kart racer. Imagine the hilarity. Or heck even a rag rappy from phantasy. cute and cuddly the kids would eat it up.

Maybe in sonic allstars super transformed eh.

Oh and i nearly forgot about everyone's favorite racer Danica Patrick! Seriously Sega who would want to play as her. Who gained from a nobody joining the roster. Wreck it Ralph was a very nice addition. I don't like his voice but ehh still nice addition.

Edited by mr wong tong

I miss Ryo Hazuki and Billy Hatcher, and even Banjo-Kazooie....Alex Kidd is back, you just can't unlock him unless you play on Christmas.

Retarded as hell that they chose to bring in Ralph, Danica Patrick and a fucking Dreamcast VMU over Toe Jam & Earl, Bayonetta, Blaze from Streets of Rage, Rouge the Bat or Dynamite Heddy. Also, I would have greatly preferred Tyris to Gillius...