Anyone else think Banjo Tooie sucks compared to Banjo Kazooie?

Thinreaper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

Banjo-Kazooie is stale to me, Banjo-Tooie is much more fun.

Especially because you don't need to hunt down 100 notes and just 16 note nest and one treble clef.

I actually kind of consider them the same game. I mean Banjo Tooie goes basically right off of the ending of Banjo Kazooie so smoothly I just count it as like Part2. So few games transition so well. Plus starting out with all your moves and gain new ones? Never seen that before Banjo-Tooie.

Though i agree that BanjoTooie is not as great as Banjo-Kazooie, I don't believe either are bad. Much better than most retail games out there.

I only believe the first one is better because of nostalgia and the magical feeling your get from experiencing the game for the first time.

The second is superior in almost every way, but I'll always like the first one more.

I like Banjo-Kazooie miles better than Banjo-Tooie. Sure BT is alot longer and has some fun minigames but I just much prefer the more fun and laid back nature of the first game, BT gets a bit complex and frustrating at times. I especially prefer the music in BK aswell. Back in the N64 days I finished the first game 100% about 5 times and only finished the second game once. My opinion has not changed all these years later. Everything about BK is better to me. Still both games are awesome and destroy the awful excuse for a game that is Nut's and Bolts.

I definitely prefer the first game, but how I feel for Tooie, I'm not sure. When I first got the original I loved it played it, beat it. Came back to it a few years later, got 100% on it, then did it again without delay when the XBLA version came out. I've briefly played Tooie before, I actually own it on N64 but I never finished it, I just stopped playing it. I'm trying to get through it now on XBLA, but it can get a bit complicated at times. Some people may say its just to offer a challenge, but even when using a guide (I got this mini-guide book ages ago with my N64 copy so I'm putting it to good use) I still get confused a lot of the time. I do like how each level connects, but I think some levels rely on abilities earned later on too much. Essentially, I'm getting a little bored of Tooie, but I've almost finished it so I guess I should at least do that.

Exodist just summed up exactly how i felt about Tooie!

I also had it on N64 and never bothered finishing it, but i was excited about it coming out on XBLA so i could give it another go, as i loved playing Kazooie again after all these years

But about a couple of hours in (after the extremely long and boring opening cutscene) i remembered why i didn't like the game that much.

The levels are waaay too long, overly complicated and in the later worlds you spend ages wondering around a level trying to find something you can actually do as they all seem to involve moves you haven't learnt yet.

Making worlds really big and complex does not = challenge or fun. It's just poor game design imo which is why i didnt like what Rare did with Donkey Kong 64 either. Banjo Kazooie was simple yet hugely enjoyable and that is what makes a good 3d platformer imo.

I've almost done it, I only need to do the Sabreman achievement and then I'll probably go and pick up a few more jiggies so I can go fight Grunty, once I beat it I'll probably leave it alone. I may go back to it later and finish it off properly, but the levels are just too daunting and confusing. Its a good game but no where near as fun as the original.

It's 70 jiggies.

My feelings about Tooie ? In my opinion it's the better one. The massive levels and their interconnectedness was a huge step and took BK to another level. The splitting of the duo, variety of eggs, Mumbo as a playable character, cooler moves (not forgetting individual moves), more creative transformations, multiplayer...

I can go on why Tooie is the superior one of the two. Banjo-Kazooie is an excellent game but Tooie is just a bit better. Rare in it's prime.