best place for marketplace?

Frags4Breakfast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

this game is awfully quirky, and I hear lots of bad advice and people mistake useful buildings as useless. The market is awesome and increases productivity since if you concentrate your population in small area, they don't have to waste time walking all the way to a farm for food.

Typically I build a garage and surround it with tenements and/or apartments. Putting a market inside or adjacent to a residential block like that, it gets tons of visits.

• 2 years later...

The Market Place is designed to distribute food to the people that are otherwise too far (to walk) from farms.

I just got the achievement for all campaign maps, and I've always been placed in a good soiled area for agriculture, so I would farm right away, especially since it takes a while to profit from farming (crops to grow).

Farming is practically the most important element in the whole game, more specifically for food, so if you have less than three farms providing food, you going to have trouble, people dying from starvation, and so on.

Therefore, a successful map should have your palace, and main population, surrounded by food, removing the need for a Market Place.