PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > The Sports Bar
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #1591
MrSpanner

mrspanner's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson888 View Post
I don't see how you can make that conclusion?
I can draw that conclusion easily, Lambert is a mid table striker who will be beyond his best in 12-18 months and will be lucky to play. Lallana will probably not develop much more (he's 26 and already has a fixed style of play) and is yet again, a solid mid table midfielder who will be lucky to play. Lovren is horribly inconsistent and cost waaaaay more than he should of, it would seem that he will replace Agger, which IMO is a step backwards. Origi was the "slightly less poor" Belgium striker as Lukaku had a shocker, and 10mln seems steep as they ain't getting him for another year.

The only good addition sees to be Can....

MrSpanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #1592
TheRealJustSean

Send a message via MSN to TheRealJustSean

TheRealJustSean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
Who knows.

You have got Origi though for 10million and apparently Reus has rejected Dortmunds new contract offer which will no doubt cause a lot of speculation about him joining Liverpool.

Would love to see him in the Prem.
You and me both. To have a player like him at Anfield would be amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Mmm, Reus.

We're doing a Tottenham.
We absolutely are not. We're strengthening. Rodgers knows what he's doing. I can't actually recall who's at Spurs right now, but they won't be around for long. Liverpool are building, Tottenham are trying to buy their position.
Quote:
I don't see how you can make that conclusion?

Lambert and Lallana grabbed 20+ goals between them last season, and there is no reason why they couldn't do that again.

Lovren was part of one of the best defences in the league.

Origi is a potential top player, and started games in the World Cup ahead of Lukaku, although we wont see him to until next season at least.

Emra Can adds a bit more to the midfield.

Liverpool have only really lost Suarez, and whilst losing his talent is a blow, it's not like Liverpool struggled to score goals without him.
Exactly. While he was out Liverpool still managed to score. We have strengthened our attacking options, and done quite well, though we do still need more depth.

For now though, we need defensive strength. If Agger is to go for 12m, then we need a backup, in case of injury, and we still need to get someone else in LB, because if Enrique is injured again, it means playing Flanno out of position again, especially since Wisdom has gone.

TheRealJustSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:09 AM   #1593
Hudson888

Huds0n888's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpanner View Post
I can draw that conclusion easily, Lambert is a mid table striker who will be beyond his best in 12-18 months and will be lucky to play. Lallana will probably not develop much more (he's 26 and already has a fixed style of play) and is yet again, a solid mid table midfielder who will be lucky to play. Lovren is horribly inconsistent and cost waaaaay more than he should of, it would seem that he will replace Agger, which IMO is a step backwards. Origi was the "slightly less poor" Belgium striker as Lukaku had a shocker, and 10mln seems steep as they ain't getting him for another year.

The only good addition sees to be Can....

Lambert has managed to score about 15 goals a season in the prem, and whilst he won't playing as regularly, if he can replicate that kind of return, and I don't see why he wouldn't he is still playing against the same teams, then he will add goals. Couple that with 11 assists last season, I can see him being useful.

Lallana has created 26 prem goals in the last 2 seasons, again there is no reason why he wouldn't replicate this kind of form. 13 goals created by an attacking mid, is a good return, and you could argue he is about to reach his prime.

Sure they aren't world beaters, but they have goals in them.

IMO Agger is past it, to injury prone, and has lost his ability to defend properly. Whilst I haven't watched Lovren extensively, I've seen him a fair bit and he looks pretty solid. Plus he performed pretty well at the World Cup, and didn't look at all phased when playing Brazil.

I forgot to mention Markovic as well. Although I don't really know a lot about him, he has the potential to become a good player.

We haven't exactly lost any players bar Suarez, so with all these players coming in, I don't see how you can say Liverpool haven't strengthened.

Here is a pretty good post detailing the impact of Suarez.
http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2014/07...is-suarez.html
Hudson888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #1594
TheRealJustSean

Quote:
Lambert has managed to score about 15 goals a season in the prem, and whilst he won't playing as regularly, if he can replicate that kind of return, and I don't see why he wouldn't he is still playing against the same teams, then he will add goals. Couple that with 11 assists last season, I can see him being useful.

Lallana has created 26 prem goals in the last 2 seasons, again there is no reason why he wouldn't replicate this kind of form. 13 goals created by an attacking mid, is a good return, and you could argue he is about to reach his prime.

Sure they aren't world beaters, but they have goals in them.

IMO Agger is past it, to injury prone, and has lost his ability to defend properly. Whilst I haven't watched Lovren extensively, I've seen him a fair bit and he looks pretty solid. Plus he performed pretty well at the World Cup, and didn't look at all phased when playing Brazil.

I forgot to mention Markovic as well. Although I don't really know a lot about him, he has the potential to become a good player.

We haven't exactly lost any players bar Suarez, so with all these players coming in, I don't see how you can say Liverpool haven't strengthened.

Here is a pretty good post detailing the impact of Suarez.
http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2014/07...is-suarez.html
Interesting article, and some good points, but we do still need that one talisman.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #1595
Hudson888

Huds0n888's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJustSean View Post
Interesting article, and some good points, but we do still need that one talisman.

I agree that we could still do with another top striker. But I think its more to point out that all is not lost without Suarez.
Hudson888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:10 PM   #1596
TheRealJustSean

Quote:
I agree that we could still do with another top striker. But I think its more to point out that all is not lost without Suarez.
Oh definitely not. Players come and go, and no one is bigger than the club.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM   #1597
The Eddmeister

The Eddmeister's Gamercard
Good to see Cole is settling in well...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...eam-photo.html

Lmao!!

Last edited by The Eddmeister; Yesterday at 07:27 AM.
The Eddmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM   #1598
TheRealJustSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eddmeister View Post
Hahahaha whoops. Doesn't look too welcome, does he?

Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #1599
Morbido

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJustSean View Post
Quote:
So if you guys could bring one big name to Liverpool (35-50 million) who would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eddmeister View Post
Thats awesome.

Someone should suggest he wears a name badge.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM   #1600
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
So if you guys could bring one big name to Liverpool (35-50 million) who would it be?
I just want to see Reus come in now and be done with it.

And if anyone learned anything from the City game, it's that Scott Sinclair is surprisingly not dead.

EDIT: Oh great, just what we need .__. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...to-Moreno.html

Also Chelsea resign Tiago... so much for Mourinho moving on from the past and advancing the squad...

Last edited by Jardinho; Yesterday at 03:43 PM.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #1601
TheRealJustSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
I just want to see Reus come in now and be done with it.

And if anyone learned anything from the City game, it's that Scott Sinclair is surprisingly not dead.

EDIT: Oh great, just what we need .__. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...to-Moreno.html

Also Chelsea resign Tiago... so much for Mourinho moving on from the past and advancing the squad...
Reus is still the dream. Mind, I see online that apparently Salford are after Hummels. Disappoints me whenever a player chooses the dark side.