Today Game Achievement!!!

ALF 133

the mavs and the heat havent played in a while. it has to be a game that is on the day you play. if its those teams, means it didnt load.

Yeah, it was my bad for not knowing that. The problem was an error in the NBA Today feature, I had to delete two files from my HDD (NBA Today and Online Data), reload the game and let the game re-create those two files, once connected it, after a few minutes it successfully created the NBA Today file and I was able to see the correct games.

go to play now and select one of the pre-made games, like today would be MY BOSTON CELTICS taking on the Philadelphia 76-ers in Philadelphia.

Thank you for replying. I do not mean to be dense, but I do not see an option for "play now". I have a home screen with QUICK GAME as the top option. When I click on that, I see a bar that says QUICK GAME and a bar beneath that for BOS vs PHI (good luck to your Celtics) but I am not able to select that bar no matter what I do. So I guess I am asking three questions:

1. Am I getting to this the right way?

2. Is there some fancy button sequence I need to use to get to that BOS vs PHI bar?

3. Are you able to access this game now yourself? (If not, perhaps it is shut down for everybody, not just a local problem for me.)

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Thank you for replying. I do not mean to be dense, but I do not see an option for "play now". I have a home screen with QUICK GAME as the top option. When I click on that, I see a bar that says QUICK GAME and a bar beneath that for BOS vs PHI (good luck to your Celtics) but I am not able to select that bar no matter what I do. So I guess I am asking three questions:

1. Am I getting to this the right way?

2. Is there some fancy button sequence I need to use to get to that BOS vs PHI bar?

3. Are you able to access this game now yourself? (If not, perhaps it is shut down for everybody, not just a local problem for me.)

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Choose which side you want to be on, press start. Does it say NBA Today in that box? (top middle, big text)

Choose which side you want to be on, press start. Does it say NBA Today in that box? (top middle, big text)

That screen says "NBA Today", yes, but it looks like there are two options in the middle of the screen, one for QUICK GAME and one for tonight's playoff game and I cannot select the second one. From where I am, I can still change teams, which it seems like I should not be able to do. Plus, I have played 23 games now (some from last night) of that type and still no achievement.

When I go to YouTube there is a video of a previous NBA Today game that starts with a list of games below that QUICK GAME box rather than just the one that I see. The first game below QUICK GAME is selected. Plus, there are a bunch of NBA Today graphics that fire off when the game starts that do not fire off in my game. I'm pretty sure what I am doing is just a standard quick game rather than the NBA Today game. Sigh.

It's like it wants me to press Down, but Down does nothing for me.

That screen says "NBA Today", yes, but it looks like there are two options in the middle of the screen, one for QUICK GAME and one for tonight's playoff game and I cannot select the second one. From where I am, I can still change teams, which it seems like I should not be able to do. Plus, I have played 23 games now (some from last night) of that type and still no achievement.

When I go to YouTube there is a video of a previous NBA Today game that starts with a list of games below that QUICK GAME box rather than just the one that I see. The first game below QUICK GAME is selected. Plus, there are a bunch of NBA Today graphics that fire off when the game starts that do not fire off in my game. I'm pretty sure what I am doing is just a standard quick game rather than the NBA Today game. Sigh.

It's like it wants me to press Down, but Down does nothing for me.

you're only seeing one game because it's the playoffs. It looks like you have a choice of two, but it's not a simple list, it changes if you hit the triggers (to change teams), by default if you have Celtics @ Sixers then that is the NBA Today challenge.

Edit: Odd, just loaded it up and wasn't greeted with the "Real Stats . Real Scores . Real NBA" load up you normally get, just the standard 2K logo as if it's a standard quick game for tonight game. :/

you're only seeing one game because it's the playoffs. It looks like you have a choice of two, but it's not a simple list, it changes if you hit the triggers (to change teams), by default if you have Celtics @ Sixers then that is the NBA Today challenge.

Edit: Odd, just loaded it up and wasn't greeted with the "Real Stats . Real Scores . Real NBA" load up you normally get, just the standard 2K logo as if it's a standard quick game for tonight game. :/

just slide your controller icon to one team or the other and hit start to play the game (that hopefully doesn't involve as much swearing and violent outbursts as the actual game from me). And the teams were a little messed up for me when I got this achievement during the playoffs. I got it during the BOS and ATL series and they always had the home and away team backwards but I was still able to obtain the achievement.

Well, I finally got it. Nothing I did would allow me to activate it for tonight's solo game. In the process of trying to figure out what was going on, I loaded up my son's account, which for some reason thought it was the 21st. On that day there were two games played, so I was able to select them instead of QUICK PLAY.

So, I booted the game with my son's account and then signed in with mine. I played 5 straight games of OKC vs LAL (yes, two days late), after which the achievement popped.

I am now concerned for those who do not have it yet that perhaps it can only be gotten on days with multiple games. Hmm.

Anyway, thanks for helping me out here. I was starting to get a bit concerned.

Well, I finally got it. Nothing I did would allow me to activate it for tonight's solo game. In the process of trying to figure out what was going on, I loaded up my son's account, which for some reason thought it was the 21st. On that day there were two games played, so I was able to select them instead of QUICK PLAY.

So, I booted the game with my son's account and then signed in with mine. I played 5 straight games of OKC vs LAL (yes, two days late), after which the achievement popped.

I am now concerned for those who do not have it yet that perhaps it can only be gotten on days with multiple games. Hmm.

Anyway, thanks for helping me out here. I was starting to get a bit concerned.

I did mine earlier in the playoffs when there was multiple games per night so that may be the case and we could be onto something here! Glad we could kinda sorta help you out.

I am, unfortunately, now experiencing this same problem. My NBA Today settings sync with the server and the most current game (Miami vs Indiana) displays correctly on both the main menu and the Quick Game screen, but there is no way to actually play the game as the selection cursor can't be moved off Quick Game to the NBA Today match-up. I tried deleting both the NBA Today and Roster files and re-downloading them to no avail. Going to try Michael J. Foxing it back in time somehow like Rodster did, but if anyone has any other grand ideas on getting this to work, I'd be really interested in hearing them.

As of now, and unless this gets magically fixed really soon, it appears that Another Day will successfully reach unobtainable status even before the season ends.

I Dont know exactly What your talking about ..

When i start the Game on The main Screen .. Where it has Quick game My Player, Assocation, Etc I Click Quick Game . And it Shows Philly At Boston Which is tonights Game ..

Now i see where When I Pick which team That it says "Quick Game" And :PHI VS BOS" But i cant go down to the game, So i just click Boston And play. tHEN I Win and thats it .. I Been doing that for like 2 weeks and have Obviously Won over 5 games and Still No achievement .

And I Dont know how im suppose to Scroll down to the Phi vs bos Bar .. And I Deleted all my Saved Files off Of my hardrive and Started over and i still Cant get down to it ..

Nobody can, that's the point. It's a bug within the game itself. When only one NBA Today game is available, you are unable to scroll up or down in order to select or start it. Since there are no more multiple game days currently scheduled for the remainder of the playoffs (that I know of, at least), the "Another Day, Another Win" achievement is now, technically, unobtainable.

Your best bet at this point, along with anyone who wants any hope of unlocking this before the end of the season, is to do all of the following:

1. Tweet @2KSports & @Ronnie2K and make them aware of the issues you are having.

2. Post a message in the official NBA 2K12 forums and in the 2K12 bug thread.

3. Submit a support request via e-mail ([email protected]) or telephone (866-219-9839).

Is there a way I Can reset The time format back ? I Read somewhere that Someone did that And went back a couple weeks and Did it ..

[Edit]

And I Also did what You said With all 3 Different options .. Hopefully Something happens like They can Switch it to 5 Quick games or Just give the achievement to Everybody .. Kinda stupid ..

Edited by KayDotPee

I read on another thread that it has to be done on days where there is one or more games held on the same day in the NBA. Unfortunately since we have just entered the NBA conference finals round there will only be one game a day, with each conference playing on alternating days. That means no more days that have two games being played thus making this achievement unobtainable.

The other thread (which has possibly been deleted since I cannot locate it anymore) was calling for people to tweet or e-mail the 2k sports studios to fix the issue. You can go this route if you would like to, but I personally think it is too late in the season for them to fix this. I also doubt 2k would go out of their way to fix the game for just one achievement worth 20 gs unless there was some sort of a major out cry for it.