Has the egg gltiched been patched?

almagnifico24

Theres an update right now that I haven't downloaded yet out of fear it would patch the egg glitch. I've searched all over the net trying to find out if

it has been patched, and seen a few people saying it was, but I'm not sure because others seem like they are still doing it.

Can anyone here who has all the updates confirm if the glitch still works?

im goin on later i will c if theres any updates havent downloaded them yet

i ha havent used the egg glitch so this will be a first if it still works. ill check 4 u an post just try 2 get a second opinion incase i do it wrong

Personally, I'd claim that it's impossible to patch, or at least extremely counter-productive to do so. See, it's not a glitch. It's an exploit that works with how they game is meant to save your data. Every time you start a chapter, it saves your game. Any changes you made to your inventory is saved when you begin the mission. When you quit, you can choose whether or not to save what you've done to your inventory.

So if you leave the inventory screen when Sheva is holding an item, it saves with her holding that item. If she gives that item to Chris, and then you quit, you can save on Chris' profile to keep that item, and choose not to save with Sheva so that when you go back into the inventory screen, it's still using the data from when it saved upon level entry and she still has that item in her possession. You can now give her the copy of the item that Chris recieved previously, and she now has two copies of it. Go into the mission, and now her save file contains both copies of that item. Keep going and it's exponential; 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 copies of that item. Honestly, it's ridiculous how quickly this can be done!

Basically, unless Capcom changes the game's saving functionality, or what items are saved or are not saved, it's impossible to remove this exploit. If they try and fix this, they'd likely end up pissing off a ton of people. We all know lots of games where it's like, "Okay so WHY wasn't there a save point here?" It's not just a matter of fixing an exploit; it requires changing how the game is meant to work.

Right now it's got a good balance, with the auto-saves and save-on-quit. Though it happens to be exploitable, I think Capcom should just hope players will be on their best behaviour and NOT do it, rather than mess with the concept of saving in RE5 with the risk of alienating their audience.

Personally, I'd claim that it's impossible to patch, or at least extremely counter-productive to do so. See, it's not a glitch. It's an exploit that works with how they game is meant to save your data. Every time you start a chapter, it saves your game. Any changes you made to your inventory is saved when you begin the mission. When you quit, you can choose whether or not to save what you've done to your inventory.

So if you leave the inventory screen when Sheva is holding an item, it saves with her holding that item. If she gives that item to Chris, and then you quit, you can save on Chris' profile to keep that item, and choose not to save with Sheva so that when you go back into the inventory screen, it's still using the data from when it saved upon level entry and she still has that item in her possession. You can now give her the copy of the item that Chris recieved previously, and she now has two copies of it. Go into the mission, and now her save file contains both copies of that item. Keep going and it's exponential; 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 copies of that item. Honestly, it's ridiculous how quickly this can be done!

Basically, unless Capcom changes the game's saving functionality, or what items are saved or are not saved, it's impossible to remove this exploit. If they try and fix this, they'd likely end up pissing off a ton of people. We all know lots of games where it's like, "Okay so WHY wasn't there a save point here?" It's not just a matter of fixing an exploit; it requires changing how the game is meant to work.

Right now it's got a good balance, with the auto-saves and save-on-quit. Though it happens to be exploitable, I think Capcom should just hope players will be on their best behaviour and NOT do it, rather than mess with the concept of saving in RE5 with the risk of alienating their audience.

I really couldn't have summed it up better myself. It really is an exploit hardwired into the core mechanics of the game. So you guys really have nothing to fear. Though at the same time, I hardly saw the exploit as necessary to begin with. Never exploited (past replaying entire levels) to get money for weapons and such.

I really couldn't have summed it up better myself. It really is an exploit hardwired into the core mechanics of the game. So you guys really have nothing to fear. Though at the same time, I hardly saw the exploit as necessary to begin with. Never exploited (past replaying entire levels) to get money for weapons and such.

ok, i don't know how everything works, but wouldn't it be easy for them to just remove the save prompt that happens right after you start a game? this save doesn't really seem necessary except for saving your inventory before you start, and is the one which allows for the exploit to work so easily. so couldn't they just take out that save?

ok, i don't know how everything works, but wouldn't it be easy for them to just remove the save prompt that happens right after you start a game? this save doesn't really seem necessary except for saving your inventory before you start, and is the one which allows for the exploit to work so easily. so couldn't they just take out that save?

In theory yes, but that would cause problems with saving weapons. The idea is to have your story progress and weapons progress to be independent of each other. Otherwise, starting a new chapter would mean you lose your weapons. That save point is what saves your item status to prevent any loss.

If you're trying to help someone out with this glitch then do you have to be the one hosting the game session or does it not matter?

The reason I'm asking is cuz I was helping out a buddy and he was the host but I was the one giving him the rotten eggs and when we quit and I chose not to save it somehow deleted all my eggs and now I'm paranoid about helping others out for fear that I might lose them again.

I wouldn't have a problem with losing them except that my friend that gave me the 45 eggs to begin with got bored of the game and sold it.

thanks man i appreciate that. can i ask though, when was the last time you remember it updating?

i dont know ma bro waz on the xbox and i just asked him to di it but i cant remember ether downloading an update epsept 4 the verses add on i tryed myself and i have xbox live and it still worked

Is there a bunch of glitches in this game? Or just this one?

erm i dont know if its a glitch but in the last boss fight in the volcano instead of having sheva try to pull herself up u can injure wesker and when he transforms sheva is already up is a life saver in co-op

i think i have been living under a cave.How long has this "exploit" been out?played through story mode picking up every treasure soo many times it was a reliever once i got all upgrade achievement>.>

The exploit is still there but I haven't had any luck finding a rotten egg. I've played veteran online and solo many times and nada. So I had to use a golden egg and replicate it. I just need it for the achievements: Egg Hunt and Egg On Your Face.

Does anyone want to jump online with me. PM me if you do. ty