Favorite Halo to date?

Cooljoe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halo: Combat evolved is definitely my favorite. The campaign was just perfectly built:

The levels were all extremely open and made linear-designed levels feel like you were still making choices.

Enemy distribution was perfect so that you never felt overwhelmed in a cheap way and tough situations were solved with skill and not just blind luck.

The mystery of exploring the Halo ring was still fresh since it was the first game (though CEA looks like it may just bring that mystery back, which is what I'm most excited about.)

The soundtrack was absolutely gorgeous and had a good balance of Rock tracks and alien-sounded tracks.

The graphics for their time were absolutely superb. Halo: CE had the best graphics technically and artistically of 2001.

The glitches and manipulations in that game made it even better than it was supposed to be. Things like Warthog launching and luring a banshee into the control room were what made Halo: CE the king among games and gave it a life span that has reached from 2001 all the way to 2010 without growing stale. I still personally play Halo: CE on a regular basis to this day and going into anniversary will be more like meeting my best friend after her trip to the salon.

I never had H2 online so I cant be like 80% of my friends and say that. Im gonna have to go with H3 since I had so much goddamn fun with that game. Reach may be the most recent title but somehow the Halo-haters gained steam and made it so everyone hates it. I never find anybody online anymore and theres far too many teamkilling or quitng trolls out there.

I never had H2 online so I cant be like 80% of my friends and say that. Im gonna have to go with H3 since I had so much goddamn fun with that game. Reach may be the most recent title but somehow the Halo-haters gained steam and made it so everyone hates it. I never find anybody online anymore and theres far too many teamkilling or quitng trolls out there.

Unfortunately Rage Quitting is in every game. it's a bi-product of this generation of gamers*.A lot of the gamers that didn't start gaming until the 7th gen consoles and don't have any sense of honor or respect toward the community at large. if you had been able to experience Halo 2 online you would've found that Rage quitting was a rarity. The 4 years I played Halo 2 online I can honestly say I barely remember anybody quitting out of matches. Same goes for Wolfenstein, Unreal Championship, Crimson Skies, Chaos Theory, and every other multiplayer game I ever played on Xbox. Same goes for PC gaming (though I find the PC community to be far more respectful to this day than the XBL community has ever been unfortunately. The result of parents allowing their snot-nosed brats to play Xbox Live I suppose.*)

*Disclaimer: This accusation toward the issue of Rage Quitting does not apply to all 7th generation gamers. All gamers are unique individuals and not all children are disrespectful or bad to play with. The bad kids know who they are, so if you honestly believe you don't apply, than this is not directed toward you.

Can't say much toward the team killing aspect. They've unfortunately always been around on Xbox Live. It honestly really is a terrible community to be a part of. I miss the old days playing Unreal Tournament and Starcraft where you never had to worry about stuff like that. But I guess the trade-off is worth it to be able to play with a controller from my couch and not have to pay thousands every year to upgrade hardware. Just gotta deal with the live community and hope some good people come out of it.

Xbox Live. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Except for PlayStation Network. And Mos Eisley.

I enjoyed the hell out of all games in the original trilogy. The campaign for CE is by far one of the best goddamned story lines I have ever seen in a video game (that's not saying much though, I haven't played too many games, the other ones competing for the title of best story mode in my book are Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect, and Bioshock.) Now that I think about it, ODST's campaign was fairly good as well... nah, CE was by far the best. And that's why I'll be getting Anniversary day one. The best multiplayer wise in my opinion was Halo 3, but according to the rest of my friends, Halo 2 is the best, and I can understand that. It's just that I've never played Halo 2 online. Hell, I never even had Halo 2 when it first came out. I sold my original Xbox in early 2004, I think(an attempt to earn more money, I still miss the thing too...). So I went to a friend's house some Friday night's and a fair group of us sat in the guy's basement and played Halo 2 multiplayer. Good times.

Here's to Halo 4's campaign being a mind exploding ride.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXasCjUTNpE]Awesome Series - Awesome Reach - YouTube[/ame]

^lol

Halo 2. The endless hours spent playing online with friends (clan mainly) made it my favorite of the series. Playing Big Team Battle with my clan was the best of times online. Zombies was a fun discovery lol same with glitches and being competive in Team Slayer. Downside was the modding but nothings perfect I guess =/ Nevertheless it's my favorite to date and I don't think it will ever change. The memories are just too great for me to replace.

:bbut::xbut::rtbut:

^lol

Halo 2. The endless hours spent playing online with friends (clan mainly) made it my favorite of the series. Playing Big Team Battle with my clan was the best of times online. Zombies was a fun discovery lol same with glitches and being competive in Team Slayer. Downside was the modding but nothings perfect I guess =/ Nevertheless it's my favorite to date and I don't think it will ever change. The memories are just too great for me to replace.

:bbut::xbut::rtbut:

It's disappointing that the Clan functions never made comeback after Halo 2. You would think this is something Microsoft would've implemented into the 360's online functions by default, but when it didn't I figured Bungie would at least bring it back. Organizing clan matches is a bit of a pain in the neck these days.

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately Rage Quitting is in every game. it's a bi-product of this generation of gamers*.A lot of the gamers that didn't start gaming until the 7th gen consoles and don't have any sense of honor or respect toward the community at large. if you had been able to experience Halo 2 online you would've found that Rage quitting was a rarity. The 4 years I played Halo 2 online I can honestly say I barely remember anybody quitting out of matches. Same goes for Wolfenstein, Unreal Championship, Crimson Skies, Chaos Theory, and every other multiplayer game I ever played on Xbox. Same goes for PC gaming (though I find the PC community to be far more respectful to this day than the XBL community has ever been unfortunately. The result of parents allowing their snot-nosed brats to play Xbox Live I suppose.*)

*Disclaimer: This accusation toward the issue of Rage Quitting does not apply to all 7th generation gamers. All gamers are unique individuals and not all children are disrespectful or bad to play with. The bad kids know who they are, so if you honestly believe you don't apply, than this is not directed toward you.

Yeah I must be honest Rage Quitting has increased but then again so has the sheer amount of online players, back in the doom 2/quake/unreal/halo 2 days nobody seemed to quit and online gamers back then seemed to be a touch more hardcore. I guess a few newer reasons as well are players don't want to get negative stats (for landing dire pug team mates or being down to fewer players) or they got a game variant they didn't want picked.

As for my fave Halo do I have to pick, its like picking a fave kid they've all brought me joy and even a few tears, but I've loved them all. Lets hope 4 is an evolution on the entire series best facets.

Halo: CE. I'm 27, and when I went to college, I was introduced to Halo via my roommate. The game was balanced. Everybody running around with pistols...and nothing else created a lot of that balance. No other weapon was needed. And as a previous member posted, the quirks of invincibility during overshield charging and vehicle invincibility just lent the game a lot of replayability.

Anyone else spend days just dicking around with warthog launching?

The first game of ANY series is always going to be the best. It introduces you to a fantastic new world. Don't confuse the awe and mystery of a new world with the anticipation of completing a story arc.

Uh.. Halo 3... we played it for hours everyday. Unfortualtely it also came with the hackers. People bragging about hacking their console and playing early, selling lvl 50's, just anything that could ruin a legit player's time. And the crackling lobbies of nit wits and kids... trash and momma talk fromthe time you enterd till the game started. Just endless hoards of loosers talking just for the sake of hearing themselves.... I'm sorry turned into what I hates about halo...LOL... Still love halo3.. I'll judge onthe game and not the MP.. Great graphics, storyline, mechanics...Basically what a game should be... not too real, but not super mario either..

I've only played Halo 3 and Reach, liked 3 a bit more. I own CEA and plan to play it soon but doubt it's anywhere near as good as 3 or Reach seeing as it's a remake, which is fine.

It is. But there will definetely be some primitive gameplay things that may make you feel that way.

Halo 1 was king! But Halo 3 was my personal favorite as well. 1 is superb though.

Wel this is a tough one, I liked all of them and there are many reasons to choose each one fo them.

I love RTS so having a RTS in the Halo universe was awesome for me, and it was fun playing the story Line of the First 3 Halo and then ofc I only started playing it online in Halo 3 so there my new love for the game was born. I loved the ranking system and the achvievements.

So now I would have to say because of the ranking and customising of your character and just a little bit the story line I have to say Halo: Reach is my favorite for online but when it comes to story and game play I will go with Halo 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...